Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed August 19, 2013

What should have been a 5-hour drive turned into a 9-hour drive because of traffic, so when we finally got to the Red Roof Inn, we couldn't wait to climb into bed!! Imagine our shock when we pulled back the sheets to find sheets that were all soft and wrinkley... like sheets that had been slept in, instead of finding nice crisp sheets!! And to make matters worse, there were dirty, used tissues in between the top sheet and the mattress cover!!

So at 11 pm, we called the front desk only to be told the shuttle driver was not there, and he would bring the sheets to us when he returned. After waiting about 20 minutes, we finally went down there, got the sheets and changed them ourselves.

I really didn't get a good night's sleep, that's for sure!! Yuck!!!

Other than that, the room wasn't bad. The bathroom was clean. Good shower. The sink is outside the bathroom, so that was a little weird. Hairdryer worked. Carpet a little worn out. Flat screen tv. But the bed thing... that really ruined it!!

We stayed there for one night, because we were taking a cruise out of the Port of Baltimore the next day and the rate was good. If we cruise out of Baltimore again, we will find another hotel! The used sheets and tissues were just too disgusting!!!

Room Tip: Choose one with clean sheets!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Shawn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the condition of the sheets in your room. I can assure you that this is not typical of our Inn. I would love the opportunity to speak with you so that I may address the housekeeper who serviced your room. You can reach me at 410-850-7600 ext 152 or by email at i0149@redroof.com. This is a very concerning issue that I will be sure to address with my entire housekeeping staff.
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn. We hope you will consider giving us a better chance to serve you in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had a reservation at another Red Roof Inn which promised a shuttle service but did not when I reached them on the phone assisted by the staff at Red Roof in BWI. I had family coming in later that day and I had promised to meet them at the airport. Ariana at at BWI Red Roof Inn assisted me in getting a refund of the other Red Roof Inn even though it was past 8pm cancelation time by making phone calls to Cheapoair where I booked my stay online. She assisted me in booking another night stay for a week later online because it was cheaper than booking it in person. She also let me to leave two pieces of luggage I did not need while my family was on a cruise for a week. On my return from the cruise Teaurha checked us in and was just as friendly and willing to go out of my way to make our stay memorable. She gave my family a room right next to my brothers. She help us find the closet Walmart and printed out driving directions to it and also looked up and printed driving directions to Washington Monument in DC and from there to Reagan National Airport. Both of these employees provide some of the best customer service I received in a long time and did it with a smile on their faces.

Room Tip: Rooms where new and very clean.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Shawn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Hearing about how well Ariana and Teaurra took care of you during your stay makes my day! I will be sure to have them read your comments as I know it will make them proud. Our team realizes that excellent customer service is what all of our guests should expect all of the time. Thank you for your recognition. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to BWI.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed overnight after arriving at BWI late on a Friday night. Got a great rate and was hoping it would meet expectations. They sent the shuttle when we called after claiming our bags and used it again in the morning to get the rental car. Helpful and friendly. Room was completely updated with hard surface floors and comfy beds. The bathroom was a little older and tired but it was clean, and the towels were clean and fresh, just what you would expect for a respectable 1-2 star motel. Arrived late, close to midnight, and area was quiet. Probably wouldn't go for a long walk alone at night, but felt decently safe.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you KinLehi for taking the time to review our Inn. It makes me happy to know how well the shuttle drivers took care of you during your stay. I will make sure to recognize the shuttle team for such a great job! It is our goal to provide a clean comfortable room, at the best value in the BWI area, without sacrificing guest service. Knowing that we were able to do that for you makes us all proud. Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed here last night before flying out of BWI. This has got to be the best value near the airport. I stayed at another motel last time and though it was fine, this motel has standards just as high and rents its rooms for about $25 less. No, breakfast is not included, but the freshly renovated and clean rooms are what is more important to me. The place was well run, friendly, and all modern.

Room Tip: I booked this hotel using Priceline and got a great rate.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We strive to "do it all well" all of the time! Thank you for your recognition. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the entire team. As you have said and I am fully certain, we are the best value for any guest coming to visit the BWI area. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we look forward to your next visit to our Red Roof Inn.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I only stayed here for one night, but it was a great experience. Check in was quick and painless. The room was gorgeous and very clean, and the bed was very comfy!!! (looked just like the pictures). Staff was very friendly. I will absolutely stay here, and other Red Roof Inns, again!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very happy to hear how we were able to provide you with a gorgeous and clean room as nice as our pictures! I will make sure to pass your comments on to the entire team. Your kind words regarding the staff will help to motivate everyone to keep up the good work. We thank you and your boyfriend for choosing our Red Roof Inn and look forward to your next visit in Baltimore!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Wifi is super slow and with a limited availability of channels I feel like I'm going nuts as I am a single traveller with no car. My toilet is running nonstop and I had no idea it was an outdoor entrance hotel. I feel like I either need to be in the dark or have strangers glancing in my window everytime they walk by (creepy for a young female by herself). Nonblack out shades would be nice to let light in without compromising my privacy.

That being said, staff was super! So nice! Room seems fairly clean minus a few mystery stains on the other bed. Seems like there were recent renovations making it appear more modern. However bathrooms seemed kind of sketchy-- linoleum is a bit bothersome.

I do recommend this hotel though. It's nice for airport travelers but be warned, no pool, limited channels, and flimsy wifi equals a boring in room experience

• Stayed: July 2013
Shawn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Red Roof Inn. It is always a pleasure to hear how super the staff was during a guests stay! I will make sure to pass your comments on to the entire team.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you incurred during your stay. We are currently in the process of upgrading our wireless Internet speed to ensure all of our guests are able to browse the Internet without interruption. I really like your suggestions regarding the addition of window shades. I will be sure to look into the possibility of adding a shade for privacy without sacrificing the brightness of your room.

We truly appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay at the Red Roof Inn.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is an older hotel, but seems to have been, or being, remodeled. Everything was clean, super convenient to airport and rental car return. The desk staff and housekeeping were most accommodating. The room was extremely clean. And we even got a bottle of nice cold water on the morning of our departure.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be good -- there is an elevator. We would definitely stay there agaibn.
1  Thank dnjsira
Shawn S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank for taking the time to write a review on our "Super Airport Inn"! I am so happy you enjoyed our brand new Next Gen Plus rooms as well our staff! The entire team from the front desk to housekeeping try to make every guests stay as memorable as yours. I will make sure to pass your comments along to my team as words of encouragement to keep up the good work! Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn and we look forward to your next visit to Baltimore.