“Good value & pet friendly”

Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good value & pet friendly”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Nice place to stay, I had to spend a week in BWI and the Red Roof Inn was my choice as it was one of the better value places that accepted pets (albeit only 1 per room)!
On arrival the free shuttle to the hotel was unable to fit my dog kennel in, and the driver wouldn't allow the dog out - I got a taxi to the hotel and the manager paid for it, so the problem was resolved, it was however an annoyance on arrival in BWI.
The rooms have been recently renovated (and were still in progress, could occasionally hear the noise), they were very nice and up to date. The rooms have free Wi-Fi, it's probably free as it is quite slow and you have to go through the log in process each time so they couldn't really justify charging for it! The worst part of staying in the BWI hotel area is the lack of places/choices of food, also there are no "decent" stores local if you have no transport to get basics, such as soda etc!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am happy to hear that you found our new rooms to your liking. I apologize for any wifi issues that you may have experienced. We are in the process of securing an upgrade to our wifi systems which dramatically increase the speed for our guests. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your next stay.

i0149@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Montreal
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed 3 nights for $240 tax incl. and it was as expected except for one little thing, the washroom in the accessible rooms are furnitur less, no table or anything to put a glass, brush, tooth paste... matress was very comfotable and the room was quiet, loved the wide LCDscreen, Fridge and microwave were usefull.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank S.Boutin
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated NextGen rooms. When designing our rooms, we took guest feedback to heart. As you mentioned, there was no shelf built in with the renovation in the ADA rooms, but based on feedback like yours, we are currently in the process of installing shelves in the bathrooms of these rooms to better serve our guests. We appreciate you choosing Red Roof Inn and we look forward to seeing you again next time you require lodging in the BWI area.

North Carolina
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Rooms look upscale, staff has personality; and after a full day layover at BWI, I needed the care and concern I received from the front desk staff and shuttle bus drivers. For an airport location, this hotel was surprisingly suitable. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our brand new, modern NextGen rooms. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with my team as I know they will be happy to hear your kind words. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed April 17, 2013

When my niece was placed into foster care, I wanted her to have Christmas with family.

This Red Roof took a last-minute reservation and had a good room for us!

We spent a couple nights together, and we had a great time.

This location has a public washer/dryer which was good when someone in the family had a nasty spill that couldn't wait.
I was really happy I tried this place, and I will think of it if I'm ever in a tight spot again.

Room Tip: I don't think they had a pool, but it's proximity to the airport can't be beat!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your review. We really appreciate your business. We also just completed an entire renovation of our rooms now offering our guest a brand new room with a modern feel. We hope you enjoyed your time with your family during Christmas holiday. At Red Roof Inn we are dedicated to providing our guest with clean rooms and excellent service. Please continue to keep us in mind for future stays!

north olmsted
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I recently spent several nights at the Red Roof Baltimore BWI Airport location. What a thoroughly enjoyable experience I had. They have just completed the "new look" at that property, and it is wonderful. Everything is totally repainted. All furniture is new, and there are new amenities. The rooms and lobby are truly attractive and so inviting.

However, like my highly complementary reviews of the Red Roof Pittsburgh South Airport property, my primary commendation here is for the staff. While I was in Baltimore, the staff couldn't have been more professional, competent and courteous. Simeon, Shawn and Tea at the front desk were absolutely delightful. They did everything possible to make me feel so welcome and very much appreciated. They went out of their way to be helpful. And, Allen, the morning shuttle driver is simply wonderful. Allen, like the desk agents, was so professional, thoughtful and gracious. The entire staff made my several nights in Baltimore totally a pleasure.

I am indeed looking forward to staying at the Red Roof BWI on my next trip to Baltimore. I know that I will be made to feel very very welcome from the moment I arrive until the moment I depart.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our new rooms and found the staff to be accommodating. Shawn, Teaurra, Simeon and Allen are always working to go above guest expectations. I know they will be happy to hear positive feedback regarding their service. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next trip to the BWI area!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our 4 day stay at the Red Roof Inn, at location RRI 149 ,was especially nice due to the employees and the Manager,Bryan . Those who were most accommodating , cheerful and professional were Nathy and Teaurra. Also, Mario,the maintenance man, was very helpful with some problems in our room.Because of them,we look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. I appreciate the personal mention and I will share your comments with the rest of the staff as to encourage them to keep up their great service! We appreciate your business and hope you keep us in mind next time you are in the BWI area.

Preston, Missouri
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located, just down the road from the rental car return and the airport. The rooms are all exterior entrances and there is only one elevator about halfway down the long building so unless you happen to have a room close to elevator you will have to hike a ways and even if you are lucky enough you will likely have to park a long ways from the elevator too since they have a very long skinny parking lot. You can tell they had recently remodeled the room I was in. It was nice but a very odd remodel for a hotel room. It seemed as if they had upgraded the room as much as possible as cheap as possible. There were odd room features that I believe were just things that were covered up in the remodel to avoid costly additional construction. The baseboard heaters were on the ceiling which I found very odd and the sink and bathtub were odd and kind of clumsy to use. The tub seemed to have a very shallow bottom when you stepped into it and the sink looked very out of place in the room. The floors were also laminate floor instead of carpet and extended into the bathroom which is also very unusual. Besides the remodel oddities though the room was nice enough and it was clean. The staff was adequate but nothing extra. Avoid the coffee in the lobby. Decent place to stay for a quick exit to the airport but don't expect any extras.

Room Tip: All rooms are Exterior entrance and there is only one elevator halfway across the building so be sur...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for your review! When designing our NextGen rooms, we took guest feedback to heart. With perks like extra outlets to plug in your devices in the nightstand, ports on the TV to watch Netflix or Hulu with your laptop and new comfortable bedding, guest feedback drove our design. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next trip through Baltimore.