“Exactly what I expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport

Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Virginia
“Exactly what I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn at BWI before flying out on an early morning flight. The room was clean and the staff very nice. I left my car there while away, and the fee was much less than what I would have paid at a parking facility. The shuttle drivers were great - the one who picked me up on my return made sure to drop me off next to my car, so I didn't have to haul my bags very far at all!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank slick1969
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing Red Roof Inn for your hotel needs! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again next time you fly out of BWI.

Red Roof Inn BWI Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Rock Hall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed at the Red Roof In in July 2012 for one night before flying out of BWI the next morning. The room was clean and met our needs for one night's stay which was basically a place to sleep and shower. The staff was very professional, friendly and accomodating. We wanted to leave our car there for 10 days and even though we hadn't booked the room directly through the hotel and the online reservation could not be changed, when we got to the motel, the lady at the front desk let us change to the rate that included leaving our car there free for the 10 days. She saved us at least $25.00 by giving us the new rate. The gentleman who took us to the airport the next morning was very nice and friendly and gave us great instructions for picking us up at the airport upon our return. We would definitely stay at the Red Roof Inn again if we have a flight at BWI.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kathy H
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay. I am thrilled to hear that you were taken care of and that the front desk was able to accommodate your park and fly needs! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again next time you fly out of BWI!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed at the red roof in Baltimore Washington location in August 2012. Everyone there was sooo kind and helpful!!!! Brian the manager and Shawn the assistant manager went out of their way to make us feel welcome!!! Jewel and TR and Simieon and Will and Robert at the front desk were sooo helpful whether giving us change for laundry or recommending places to eat they always have a smile for us!!!! The shuttle drivers earl and ray were sooo sweet and very polite!!! Our room was clean and the housekeepers always did an excellent job!!! I would recommend Red Roof Inn to everyone because they provide only the Best!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank sandycross
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you choosing to stay with Red Roof. I will pass your comments on to the staff as encouragement to continue providing a great experience for our guests.

Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed here for several nights when the power was out all over Baltimore. The staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating, despite being inundated with requests and packed to the gills with guests! The rooms were very clean and it had everything that we needed for those few days. Plus they were willing to work with us with a moving truck and a crowded parking lot.

I would definitely recommend it. It's not high in luxury, but it's a great basic hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Katherine J
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay during the horrible power outage we experienced across the region. We were fortunate to have power and be able to accommodate many people during this difficult time. I am proud of how the staff rose to the occassion to help those who were stranded for days. I will be sure to share your comments as encouragement to continue their hard work. While we hope we don't have another catastrophe like this, we hope that you will keep us in mind if you ever need lodging in the area again.

Havre De Grace
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My overnight stay before rising real early there next day to catch a morning flight was a big disappointment. And deaf travellers should dodge this hotel! When my spouse and I got off a train we had no relaying phone with us, so we had the staff at the BWI rail station call for our shuttle. After some time passed, their shuttle did not come so we had the staff call again a couple of times. We had to wait for at least 2 hours in the sweltering heat before shuttle finally came. The long wait costed us one bottle of water since the following day when we went to TSA checkpoint, one of the officers had to dispose the water which we wanted for our trip to very hot destination. Also this Red Roof Inn had no refrigerator to keep the water cold for next day. The driver was ignorant about our auditory handicaps when he communicated to us after picking us up. I chose to book this hotel because of the vacancy during the time I booked. Next time I have an early morning plane to catch, I will choose another hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank dspMd
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry to hear that you had difficult with the shuttle service. Our goal is to deliver exceptional customer service to all of our guests and I realize that we had a communication breakdown. I will have discussions with the staff on how to better cater to the needs of our hearing impaired guests to ensure that this situation is not repeated. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you our improvement in this area on your next visit to Baltimore.

Walnut Creek, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed here a night in July, and hope to stay again in September. Except for the initially overwhelming smell of artificial room freshener, the room was pleasant, clean, and comfortable. Each staff member I encountered was friendly and helpful. It was a perfect location for taking their friendly shuttle, staying a night to adjust to the cross-country time difference (especially before hitting the ground running with family and friend activities), and enjoying either Quiznos or Passport Bistro eat-in or takeout at your leisure (both are just across the parking lot -- though Bistro is closed on Saturdays, I think). Am not typically a fan of exterior-facing hotel rooms, but this is one of several hotels in the area, so it felt safe. For the price, location, and service, I'm ready to stay again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ML K
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Positive reviews like yours serve as encouragement for the team to continue providing great service. I will be sure to share your comments with them. Thank you for choosing Red Roof and we look forward to seeing you back here in September!

Mannheim, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel is basic and clean, provides a shuttle to and from the airport and a few surrounding locations for restaurants or the light rail. It is fine for an overnight stay when traveling through the airport, but the location to anything else in Baltimore is really too far.
The wifi is slow, but included with the room charge.
I had a bit of a unique issue while staying at this hotel, however after bringing it to the management's attention, it was handled promptly and professionally. His dedication to customer satisfaction was enough to change my review rating from 'poor.'
The shuttle driver was extremely pleasant and seemed to be committed and passionate about his job.
If you arrive late at night, I would suggest eating prior to checking in as there are little to no food options nearby and the delivery services all appear to quit by midnight.
Overall, basic, comfortable and clean, with attentive management.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank andryadawn
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I'm glad we were able to take care of your issue and am confident that we will be able to better serve your needs on your next stay with us.