“Clean ,Quiet, Great Customer Servce” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport

Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Chicago, Illinois
“Clean ,Quiet, Great Customer Servce”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stay here often. Room-rates are very reasonable! It's perfect for the budget traveler. The rooms are very clean and in good working order. The property is quiet and located away from noisy highways but only 5 minutes from BWI Airport. There's no 'riff-raff' hanging around. The shuttle service is excellent: no long waits. The hotel manager and staff are friendly and knowledgable about the area. Several restaurants are located nearby with two adjacent to the property. There is a guest laundry on the third floor. I highly recommend this property! I've been staying here when in the Baltimore/Washington area for a couple of years and have never had a bad experience. I'm very satisfied!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side of the property are closer to the hotel office. Two restaurants are visible a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your positive comments! We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. I will share your comments with the entire staff as encouragement to keep up the good work! We look forward to your next stay with us when you are back in the BWI area!

Red Roof Inn BWI Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We used this motel for long term parking while we traveled in Europe. Upon our return our car battery had died. Roxann (the airport shuttle driver) went way beyond what would be expected of anyone to help us. She was so pleasant,and really stuck with us until our problem was under control. She was not the only employee who was pleasant and helpful. We didn't get her name ,but the lady working on the desk on June 14th at 9 pm was a real treasure. We are very grateful for the help that these ladies gave us. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
I am so happy to hear that Roxanne and our front desk agent went above and beyond for you. I will be sure to give Roxanne some special recognition for her good work. Thanks for choosing us and we hope to see you again!

Lewes, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Stayed here overnight to pick up my husband at the airport on an early next day flight. It was so close to the airport but you do not hear planes. 3 floors with elevator. Front desk clerk was friendly and helpful. Room was your standard motel fare (exterior entrance for rooms) but was quiet, clean, and bed was comfortable. Free WiFI which was easy to connect to, cable TV, and in-room safe & coffee. No breakfast provided, but they do have a menu you can call for lunch and dinner room service from an outside provider. If you want more amenities, pay more for a more expensive hotel, but this was fine for the night.

Room Tip: I stayed on the top (3rd) floor and did not have any noise from other rooms or planes.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay! We are fortunate to have such a great location near the airport but out of the flight path so our guests can get a good nights rest! I will be sure to share your comments with the front desk staff to encourage them to keep up the good work. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Had personal business in Baltimore and Washington DC on the same weekend but too late to catch an evening flight. The hotel ran a very efficient shuttle to the airport terminal so I turned in my rental car, got picked up at the airport within the 8 minutes they promised, got back to the hotel, they had everything ready. I used the digital wake up call and caught my early morning (7:15) flight. Their free airport shuttle runs on time and starts as early as 4:30 AM until midnight. The room was very clean including the outer covering. The AC provided a comfortable night sleep and made it as cold (fast) as you wanted. It was so quiet and efficient, I had to turn it down. The beds were comfortable and there was coffee making and hairdryers and irons in the room. They also had 24 hour coffee in the lobby. The TV got many stations, this Inn was an outstanding value. It wasn't fancy but it was comfortable. The staff was excellent, Earl, the shuttle driver and Jewel on the front desk.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor and it was very quiet. There are only 3 floors but a very good elevator...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad that you found value in our hotel! I am also to hear that Earl and Jewel made a positive impression with you. I will be sure to commend them for their outstanding service. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again soon!

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Flew into BWI and needed to be in Washington DC the next mornig. since Washington hotels were over $300 I decised to stay near BWI. to say ot's close to the airport is an understatement. Having said that, I never heard an airplane while in the room.
Got picked up by the hotel shuttle and the driver was chatty and friendly. Got to the hotel an went to check-in. there was a minor issue but nothing serious and it was resolved in no time.
Room was what you'd expect at a Red Roof. Nothing fancy, just a basic room which suited my needs. Bed was acceptable. I've had better, I've had worse. Hunger pains kicked in so I asked front desk anout restaurants nearby. There were 3 within walking distance but none were calling my name. I saw a flyer on the counter for a pizza and sub that delivered. And he said the food was good (and showed me the pizza he had just ordered as verification) .
As mentioned before bed was acceptable, pillows were good. Shower was fine, towels were the downfall, thin and rough but that's the price you pay for a 2 star hotel. Check-out was seamless. Shuttle in the morning got me to the MARC train on time. would I stay here again? under the same conditions, yes.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

1 Thank rjfmkt
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your response. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff as encouragement to continue their hard work.

As for the condition of the towels, I will be sure to address this with our laundry department and see if any changes need to be made to the softener concentration to improve quality.

We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us!

Acton Ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We returned to Red Roof Inn @ BWI for our annual visit to the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival. Once again we had a lovely clean room, well maintained, and a great night's sleep for the 3 nights we stayed. Our stay was quiet and, unlike another reviewer here, there was no outside noise to keep us awake.

This was an excellent value for us. This is not the Ritz, but it was clean, easily accessible, and very reasonably priced. Thank you, Red Roof Inn!

Nearby restaurants: Ruby Tuesday (great salad bar) and Bob Evans (open early and great for a big breakfast).

Room Tip: We preferred the 2nd floor rooms if a choice is possible.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Musicista
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the BWI area!

Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Stayed there last week - saw lots of good reviews on tripadvisor. However, its exterior corridor structure did not make me feel safe. For all the activities and noise going on outside, they need to hire security at night. I was originally scheduled to stay for 2 nights, however, choose to check out and get a interior corridor hotel the next day. The rooms were strictly okay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for your response. I am sorry that you found our exterior corridors to be not suitable for your situation, but please let me assure you that we have a safe property. We have a 24 hour front desk staff who has our guest security and safety as a top priority. We are also located in a very safe area, in a business park adjacent to several high security government buildings. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and are sorry that we were unable to meet your needs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Linthicum Heights
Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport
Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washingt...
#4 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 991 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.5 of 5 stars 542 reviews
Holiday Inn BWI Airport
Holiday Inn BWI Airport
#8 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 340 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore...
#19 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 449 reviews
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington International Airport
Aloft BWI Baltimore Washington I...
#26 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
3.5 of 5 stars 33 reviews
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
#9 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 644 reviews

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport? Share your experiences!