“Exceptional Service”

Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I arrived early for a meeting in D.C. and I needed to get into my room to change and freshen up. The hotel desk clerk, Robert, handled my desire efficiently and in a timely manner, even recommending a place to eat while he waited to service my request. I appreciated his courtesy and efficiency as I got into my room to prepare for my meeting.

I want to thank Robert and the staff of the Red Roof Inn for assisting me. I appreciated their efforts.

Tim Munger

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed July 19, 2011

Stayed at the hotel for work, and really enjoyed my stay. Staff was very friendly, and helpful. Hotel is right near the airport and has a shuttle service, if needed. Room was clean, and bed quite comfortable. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2011

The friendly knowledgeable staff made me feel like family. Some of the best service I've had in a hotel. Room was spacious and immaculate. Great housekeeping staff. Props to management on putting together such a great staff.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 26, 2011

I stayed in this disgusting place last night. I checked in around 10:00pm - there was a long wait in the reception area and the receptionist was exhausted. Things got off to a bad start with a ridiculous $1.50 mandatory charge on my bill for the use of an in-room safe. As I was leaving at 5:00am the next morning I knew I would not need the safe and told the receptionist this. What a crazy system - she told me she could not reverse the charge but if I lined up again at checkout it could be taken off. As I was checking out at 5:00am I was hardly going to do this for $1.50 - so well done Red Roof Inn - a great way to gouge another $1.50 from each guest. But I have to wonder if the ill-will this creates is worth that small amount of profit. I have stayed in hotels all over the world and have never come across this concept before.

The non-smoking room I requested absolutely stank of cigarette smoke. I had to put up with this as I was too tired to haul my bag down to ask for another room. I also knew I had little hope of getting anything better as I had noticed another guest in the reception area who had already tried two rooms - both equally smelly.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank gnjr
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2011

I am so sorry to hear that you had issues during your stay. Our in-room safes are provided as a convenience to guests and are in no way meant to create a hardship. The $1.50 fee is for a warrantee of $10,000 against forced entry and is removed with no hassle at checkout if it is not used. It is in no way meant to be a burden. If you had any issues with the desk staff, I invite you to reach out to me so that I may properly address the proper GSR.

Having a clean comfortable room free of smoke is one of our top priorities. We are currently in the process of testing several new products to eliminate smoke and freshen rooms. We have instituted new policies to rid the property of guests who feel the need to smoke in a non-smoking room and have committed not to sell these rooms until they are deep cleaned to remove odor.

We appreciate your business and hope that you will try us again in the future to see that this experience is not typical of our property.

Bryan Lawyer

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Great rate of $80 compared to $200+ in the city. Shuttle departing every 20 minutes will take you to the closest light rail station ($3.50 for day pass). 20 minutes to down town Baltimore. Clean rooms and helpful staff. Be sure to call ahead for the shuttle, it doesn't come to the airport automatically.

Room Tip: Standard king room was my rate.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2011

Robert and simeon where great andthey where every help ful thank you redroof inn for they in a promotion too please let me know I want to be there

miss smith

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed May 7, 2011

We were looking for a clean inexpensive place with airport shuttle close to BWI. When we were picked up at the airport by the shuttle, it turned out to be just a van with no place to put luggage. After the small space in the back had been used by the other 2 passengers, we had to somehow lift our heavy bags ourselves into the main section of the van. The driver didn't even attempt to help us lift our bags. The van had no running boards and it was nearly impossible for me to get into the vehicle. There was no step...I can't imagine how an elderly person would have been able to get in. Turns out this was a rented van and not their regular shuttle vehicle. With just 4 people and a normal amount of luggage, there was no room for anyone else and we had to leave several folks also waiting to be taken to the Red Roof. They should have rented a larger vehicle!

On check-in we were charged a $1.50 fee for use of the safe and had to sign a form that there was no opting out and if we didn't use the safe they would credit us the next day. Even after telling them that we were in for the night and would not be using a safe, we had to go through the process of the charge. I've never heard of such a thing in all my travels.

The room was old and battered, bed was old and needed to be replaced. When checking in, no ground floor room was available and after being told there was an elevator we opted for a 3rd floor room. On check-out they had blocked off the elevator for some maintenance painting and we had to then lug our heavy luggage down the steps.

With just a little more effort on management's part to put themselves in the customer's position, our stay could have been more enjoyable. When renting a room at a budget property, my expectations are not very high, but this property didn't even achieve my low expectations.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2011

I am sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. I would like to take a moment to address the issues that you had.

We are currently in the process of purchasing a new, state of the art shuttle. The temporary van that we had is a 12 passenger van, the standard for many BWI hotels. I am sorry if the luggage area was full. This will not be an issue going forward, as our new bus will have seating for 15 and ample room for luggage storage.

All of our rooms feature an in-room safe with a $10,000 warrantee against forcible entry and theft. For the warrantee, we charge a nominal fee of $1.50/night. For security purposes, we prefer that guests do not tell us up front where they will be storing their valuables, so we ask that they let us know at or after checkout if they decide not to use it. The fee will be removed with no questions asked.

I am sorry that the room was not up to your standards. If you would like to reach out to me with specifics of what you found unsatisfactory in your room, I would be happy to address it. I understand the inconvenience caused by the breezeways being closed. This was done to upgrade our breezeways with new paint. Unfortunately, we had to close them down for a day so that we could paint the floors. One thing that was not mentioned is that the staff helped many guests carry their luggage down the one or two flights of stairs. I understand the inconvenience, but every effort was made to accommodate.

I appreciate the time taken to let us know about your stay. I hope that you will try us again and see that the experience that you had was not typical.

Bryan Lawyer