“What a Pleasant Surprise”

Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed April 13, 2011

We are two retired Brits travelling through the United States on a Round World motorcycle trip and we booked the Red Roof Inn at Baltimore Airport because it fitted in with our economy budget.

We have stayed in a few budget hotels so far already on this trip so we knew what to expect. We have also travelled extensively over the years and have also stayed in top flight 5 sytar deluxe hotels as well so I think that we are well suited to give a balanced opinion.

However, we were pleasantly surprised. Our greeting at reception was extremely friendly and warm. Our room was even more of a surprise - bright decor and not the usual drab and dreary well used feel of some othyer hotel chains we could mention. The cleaning staff obviously do a thorough job and our room was spotlessly clean.

We would wholeheartedly recommend a stay at this establishment ! Well Done Red Roof.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank strimstrum
There are newer reviews for Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport

Reviewed March 21, 2011

I was stranded at BWI due to a cancelled flight and needed an affordable place to stay. I didn't expect much as this was one of the least expensive hotels, but the room was spotless and the service exceptional. From the complimentary shuttle to the friendly staff and clean room, I really enjoyed my stay and they brought some light to the fact that I got stranded in Baltimore. I even had time to see the downtown harbor area (which was very nice). Take advantage of the airport shuttle to the light rail if you want to go downtown. It's very convenient!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2011

EW. Filthy. Had to ask for another bedspread it was so gross. Looked like it hadnt been vacuumed in weeks. Just awful

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2011

No bath towel was in the room. Have asked the receptionist, a couple of times about getting some bath towels. Was told to wait for the duty driver to return and ask that person for some towels. Duty driver said she was too busy and bring towels up once done driving. Never did receive any bath towels. So did not take a shower prior to leaving the Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2011

I am so sorry that we fell short of our service standards on your stay. I will be sure to follow up with the appropriate individuals and take corrective action to prevent this from occuring in the future. Please know that this is a true exception to the norm. We truly value the business of all of our guests and hope that you can look past this incident and give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Bryan Lawyer
Red Roof Inn BWI Airport

Reviewed March 3, 2011

After calling twice en-route for directions, which were given efficiently, I arrived and was checked in, again efficiently, although it was quite busy. After getting to my room, I realized I'd forgotten my downtown D.C. map. I went back to the front desk, where Shownika ( who had provided all the previously mentioned great customer service) again went WAY out of her way to assist me by getting me not only a map, but turn by turn directions to my destination, all while answering the phone as well as checking in several other guests.
I had stayed at this Red Roof Inn previously, but the service this time was just outstanding. Thank you, Shownika!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I find the new standard for inexpensive hotels is the "Hampton Inn" standard - good linens, comfortable bed, good internet, good shower (with the curved shower rod) and spotlessly clean. This Red Roof Inn had all that and for very much less than $100. If you need to stay at BWI airport, or need a base of operations near the airport, this is a fine place to stay. There are a few restaurants in the area, including a nice Chili's around the corner.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2011

The room was clean, the bathroom was clean, there was plenty of hot water, the bed was comfortable, and the service was excellent and friendly. Can't find anything negative to say. Of course, like all other Red Roofs you need to have your own hairdryer. So what? Just throw one in your suitcase when you travel. Travel hairdryers are not expensive. Would I stay there again? Absolutely.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Linthicum Heights hotels
Holiday Inn BWI Airport
Holiday Inn BWI Airport
#7 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport
Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washingt...
#9 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
#6 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore...
#11 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
#3 of 29 in Linthicum Heights

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport? Share your experiences!