“Exceeded my expectations!”

Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Columbus, Ohio
“Exceeded my expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

I was stranded at BWI due to a cancelled flight and needed an affordable place to stay. I didn't expect much as this was one of the least expensive hotels, but the room was spotless and the service exceptional. From the complimentary shuttle to the friendly staff and clean room, I really enjoyed my stay and they brought some light to the fact that I got stranded in Baltimore. I even had time to see the downtown harbor area (which was very nice). Take advantage of the airport shuttle to the light rail if you want to go downtown. It's very convenient!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

EW. Filthy. Had to ask for another bedspread it was so gross. Looked like it hadnt been vacuumed in weeks. Just awful

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Bragg, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

No bath towel was in the room. Have asked the receptionist, a couple of times about getting some bath towels. Was told to wait for the duty driver to return and ask that person for some towels. Duty driver said she was too busy and bring towels up once done driving. Never did receive any bath towels. So did not take a shower prior to leaving the Hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, March 17, 2011
I am so sorry that we fell short of our service standards on your stay. I will be sure to follow up with the appropriate individuals and take corrective action to prevent this from occuring in the future. Please know that this is a true exception to the norm. We truly value the business of all of our guests and hope that you can look past this incident and give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Bryan Lawyer
Red Roof Inn BWI Airport
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2011

After calling twice en-route for directions, which were given efficiently, I arrived and was checked in, again efficiently, although it was quite busy. After getting to my room, I realized I'd forgotten my downtown D.C. map. I went back to the front desk, where Shownika ( who had provided all the previously mentioned great customer service) again went WAY out of her way to assist me by getting me not only a map, but turn by turn directions to my destination, all while answering the phone as well as checking in several other guests.
I had stayed at this Red Roof Inn previously, but the service this time was just outstanding. Thank you, Shownika!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Guilford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2011

I find the new standard for inexpensive hotels is the "Hampton Inn" standard - good linens, comfortable bed, good internet, good shower (with the curved shower rod) and spotlessly clean. This Red Roof Inn had all that and for very much less than $100. If you need to stay at BWI airport, or need a base of operations near the airport, this is a fine place to stay. There are a few restaurants in the area, including a nice Chili's around the corner.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Kutztown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

The room was clean, the bathroom was clean, there was plenty of hot water, the bed was comfortable, and the service was excellent and friendly. Can't find anything negative to say. Of course, like all other Red Roofs you need to have your own hairdryer. So what? Just throw one in your suitcase when you travel. Travel hairdryers are not expensive. Would I stay there again? Absolutely.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

We were stranded at BWI on 12/27/10 and our airline got us a room reservation here. We spent the afternoon in DC, then called for the shuttle from the train when we were 20 minutes out. The front desk staff (after hanging up on us twice) rudely informed us that she would not make a shuttle request until we were waiting at the station. Once there, we called every 10 minutes for 50 minutes while standing out in sub-freezing temps. (The cab drivers were empathizing with us, but would not take us due to the low fare.) When we finally arrived, the check in line was out the door and not moving fast at all. I waited in line (about 15 mins) while my husband walked to other nearby properties. After trying two others, he finally found a comparably priced room at the Comfort Suites next door. When he called me to let me know he'd checked us in there, the line at Red Roof Inn had only moved one person. We left our confirmation number there, went to the Comfort Suites and never looked back. Based on other reviews, I'm sure the rooms are nice, but when it takes over 2 hours to get from the airport to the room, it doesn't matter how nice it is... They were seriously understaffed, with an antiquated reservation/check in system and very rude desk clerk.

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
mubryan, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. While we always strive to provide a speedy check-in and friendly service to all guests, we had an unexpected group arrival of two buses on this evening and were not adequately staffed to handle the large arrival due to the short notice. I understand the inconvenience this may have caused and assure you that this is not a typical experience for us and we hope that this will be taken into consideration when choosing your future hotel.

Bryan Lawyer