Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham BWI Airport Baltimore
Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed May 20, 2010

This was by dfar the worst hotel i ever stayed in. I'm embarrased t say i even stayed a night. First off we arrived to the airport and called for the shuttle service. We waited an hour and a half for the shuttle. If it had been prime time for flights, I would have understood, but at 1am in the morning? They could not have had other customers to transport. When we were picked up, the driver acted as if we were being troublesome for waking him up out of his sleep. We arrived at the inn and were asked to sign for a smoking room when I had requested non smokiing when I'd made my reservations. Since my child has severe asthma, this was not negotiable. I was told that the only non smoking room available was vacated this morning (the day before) and had still not been cleaned by housekeeping! Finally they offered another non smoking room which had a problem with the lock. We were able to lock ourselves in but could not go in and out of the room without locking ourselves out. I accepted the room only because we were only staying the night. Finally at 3 am we are in the room only to be welcomed by feces in the the toilet. Someone purposely defacated, wiped, closed the lid and decided not to flush! If i had not been traveling with little ones I would have left right then and there. Needless to say, we are absolutely never returning.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank panamatropic2
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham BWI Airport Baltimore

Reviewed May 20, 2010

I stayed at this hotel and I was pleased. It is convieniently located in the hotel district right by movies, fast food, and several restarants. My room had free calls and internet and I was able to call out of state long listance with no charges (which made family happy). The wireless internet was fast and easy to connect. I was surprised to see they didnt have an ATM but they installed one in the lobby during my stay - maybe it was being replaced. The staff was friendly and the breakfest more than the continental that most hotels offer. The room was nice and had a kitchette and large bathroom and living room. I have stayed at nearby hotels and this is the best value hotel in the area.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank ChazW80
Reviewed April 5, 2010

The driver took 45 minutes to pick me up. When I asked him to help with my bags he refused to move and said, "What's wrong with you?" The next morning when I was traveling back to the railroad station he helped other travelers with their bags and left mine on the pavement until I moved it myself. I have never had such poor service anywhere.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Locofovo
Reviewed April 1, 2010

So many bad reports on here, so was a little concerned on quite what I would find . (Stayed Microtel in USA before and found them to be fine !! ). I need`nt have worried.Rooms basic but did the job. Not so many TV Channels as some places but fine. No Excessive noise,but walls are a little thin.

Very, very good value breakfast,cereals,hot and cold items. If you want High Standards then pay $150+ a night !!......... If you want somewhere cheap then you would be hard to beat this place !! Stop moaning about it,its fine for a couple of nights and excellent value with cosy bed too.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Worldtravenut
Reviewed March 20, 2010

I can honestly say this was the second worst hotel stay I have ever had, and I travel a lot. The bed linens looked dirty and wrinkled. The toilet ran all night, even after several requests to fix it. The TV sound had a buzz to it. The window seat cushion had stains of who knows what on it, and the shower was inoperable. When I complained to management at checkout, she was unwilling to address my issues or adjust my bill. The hotel does not have a restaurant nearby and the only option was to order in. By the time my order arrived it was cold, soggy and overpriced. The hotel does have an airport shuttle, but the driver, upon arrival, was rude, did not open the van doors or help me with my luggage. The driver the next morning complained the whole trip about the hotel management. DO NOT STAY AT THE MICROTEL BWI !!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank foodmaster1
Reviewed March 18, 2010

I have never been so disappointed with a hotel. We reserved our room a month ahead of time and asked for a non-smoking. We got a rate of $118.00 for park and fly which I did not think was that bad if the hotel is decent. In hind sight I would have never paid $40 to stay in this hotel if I knew how bad it was. Well when we checked in the receptionist told us that they were overbooked and they did not know what they were going to do if all the people showed up that night. We got our key from the not so friendly receptionist and went to our room. We opened the door and were overpowered with a smoke smell stronger than I have ever smelled before, mind you we reserved a non-smoking room because my husband has allergies.

As we looked around the room all the furniture was stained really bad. My husband went to use the bathroom and I walked over to the bed and saw a large bug hanging out in the middle of the bed. I went into the bathroom while my husband dealt with the bug. When I dried my hands on a towel I noticed the towel next to it had a spot of red on it that looked like blood. At this point my husband called to see if we could switch rooms, but they said they did not have any other rooms and promptly hung up on him.

Thinking that we would only be there for about 5 hours to sleep before our 7 am flight we made the best out of it. When I went to take a shower the curtain rod was loose and bent so the curtain would not stay closed and surprise there was a bug in the bathtub too. The bed was super uncomfortable and we did not get to sleep much. I would have slept in my car had I not prepaid for this room.

I have never had such a bad experience in a hotel. I worked at a Holiday Inn for 8 years so I understand that a hotel can have some problems but this was really really bad. It was the worst hotel we have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2010

Where to start so me and a group of friends were staying at the Microtel due to a early flight out of BWI. So we arrive at the hotel and the young clerk at the front desk can not remember her name I think it started with a E? was very helpful. Are reservation was made online at microtel website but was not for the park and fly rate. we had reserved 5 room and we had three cars. At this time the clerck explained that there was a $5 per day for parking starting the day you check out, The price beats the airport parking prices she was nice enough to change three of the rooms to the park and fly rate. The reason we are all going out of town was for my 50th birthday. the clerk asked what brought us here and I told her we were going to the islands for my birthday she then upgraded me and my husband to a suite for my birhtday. We went to the rooms and they were so home sweet home....so the morning came we had to be at the airport at 5am and there was breakfast was out. The breakfast had so many things to choose from. So we went to check out and it was the same girl working at the front desk and she just had that smile and was still laughing. I would really love to stay here again on my next vaction. my 50th birthday started just right at the hotel when the clerk upgraded me to a suite. if you ever want to have good service at a hotel you can count on her to give that to you.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends