Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham BWI Airport Baltimore
Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed November 29, 2007

i staid in the hotel for one night i had plane tickets to go on vacation. so the hotel has great shuttle to the airport and the hotel was very clean the fitness center was very clean

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank night_out_of_town
Write a ReviewReviews (1,266)

Reviewed October 26, 2007

Cheap and close to the airport. In a nice neighborhood, quiet, and good beds.

But, not run very well. The following didn't work: internet access, tv remote, deadbolt, front desk (didn't answer the phone at night).

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed August 28, 2007

This was a nice, clean hotel in a nice area, convenient to the airport and lots of places to eat.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2007

We were very disappointed with this hotel.

We booked a double queen room. The room had a funny smell to it (maybe a bit musty). The room was clean, but looked tired. The bathroom could use some renovating.

The worse part was the air conditioner. The unit was quite loud when the fan was running. When the Air Conditioner came on I thought we were at the airport. The AC unit was so loud we had to put the volume on the TV near max in order to hear it.

When we tried to fall asleep we had to make a decision, put up with the noise or shut the unit off and try to sleep in a stuffy room. Needless to say I only got 1.5 hours of sleep that night.

On checkout we were told we should have complained about the room....but at 11 p.m. with an 8 a.m. flight that's a bit unrealistic.

The complimentary shuttle to the airport was OK, but the van was messy with seat covers that didn't seem to be made for the van.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zekesidney
Reviewed August 12, 2007

Beware, If you reserve a non-smoking room, chances are you won't get it. Stayed there last week. Tried to check in earlier in the day, but there were no rooms available. Came back later that night to check in. Was given a room on 3rd floor. The 3rd floor is a smoking floor and the hallways and rooms smelled nasty. Had requested non-smoking months ago when the reservation was made. I called the desk immediately to complain and ask to be moved but I was told that there were no other rooms available. About 20 minutes after check -in, I was at the front desk waiting for a non-existent room ionizer, when I witnessed another guest trying to check in. His reservation was also messed up, but he was offered a non-smoking suite (thought they didn't have one - hmmmm). Best they could do for me was hand me a bottle of Febreeze (no kidding)
-Rooms are very, very small and outdated. One plus was that the beds are pretty comfortable.
-Most staff I encountered were friendly and knowledgeable.
-Breakfast buffet doesn't have much to offer.
-It is convenient to Inner Harbor, but there are also many more properties in this same vicinity. We plan on going back to Baltimore next year, but it will defintely be somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank travelingthunder
Reviewed May 9, 2007

Things are changing fast in the BWI hotel corridor.Despite about 6 new properties open or under construction,weekday rates are up about 30% since this time last year.And about 40% of the major players have declared themself smoking-free,which takes them off the market for me.
Microtel was the best deal I could swing,$99/night for 5 nights for one of their "suites".It was my first time at this property,though I have stayed at a Microtel before.The "suite" allowed for a reasonable sized room with refrigerator/microwave/bar sink.The room was suitably clean,AC worked well,plumbing functional,bedding comfortable.The TV had a dying picture tube but since it was located on top the clothes closet (a weird Microtel convention) I knew I wouldnt be using it anyways.Wi-fi was very,very poor.Lost connection about 20x a day,and when it was connected,It registered a signal of "Very low".
The facilities seem well cared for in most part.But they declined to turn on the hallway air conditioners.In the breakfast room there were like 5 juice/coffe creamer dispenser but 3 of them were marked "out of order".They must be selling a bunch of "Park n fly" here because there were far more cars here than hotel rooms,spilling out of the parking lot into the access roads and making entry/exit a smidge tight.
All in all I rate this hotel adequate and fair value.Staff was very amenable.And they still offer smoking rooms on the 3rd floor.

• Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed February 17, 2007

Upon arriving we asked the very nice man behind the desk for a quite room ,, we got the room next to the vending machines and elevator.. Not to mention the walls/floor are very thin so little sleep till 2 am...I called to the desk for a 6 am wake up call, and got the wake up call at 6:16a.m.
This service must not be automated like most places.. The shower was just luke warm. Now all this I could live with, even the aunts I found on the dresser,, But the other peoples hair I found oll over my bed pillows and sheets was really bad,, both beds in our room had this.. I have emailed a comment to the Hotel but so far no response,,, I'm glad it seems Im the only one who has been unhappy with my stay here... Sorry to complain. but these are the facts...

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business