“Now updated”

Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Salem, Oregon
“Now updated”
Reviewed February 21, 2005

Just returned from a two night weekend stay at the BWI Marriott on a priceline bid of $50 per night plus fees or about $60 per night. It was well worth it. Last November for the same priceline bid I stayed at the BWI Amerisuites and it was NOT worth it.
At checkin I showed my Marriott Rewards card and asked for an upper floor room with king bed. I was given room 815. Though it didn't have much of a view, the room was nicely decorated and super clean. Sound proofing was amazing even with little children in nearby rooms. The fitness center and pool are great and the lobby is an eye catcher. Shuttle service to BWI is efficent and on time.
The only glitch was on my final night guests received notice that all water would be turned off from midnight until 5 am for emergency repairs. Since I needed to catch a 5 am shuttle to the airport, I called guest services and asked what I should do about showering, shaving, brushing teeth and using the toilet between 4 am and 5am. The guest services person couldn't think of anything. Using my old boy scout training, I was able to figure out a way but was dissapointed that guest services hadn't anticipated this situation.

6 Thank SalemTraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 4, 2004

This is a standard Marriott Hotel at an airport location, meaning nothing special, but not bad. A five minute or less ride from the terminals, it is very convenient, although the Baltimore airport (BWI) has been undergoing renovation for ever with no end in sight and the congestion at the shuttle van area is the worst I've seen at any airport in the world. I'd advise calling the hotel to assure that the shuttle will be on the lookout for you. Once you've arrived, staff are very friendly and helpful. Rooms are corporate Marriott, a bit worn as at most airport hotels, but clean and completely functional. Standard restaurant, meeting rooms, etc. Great for business, early AM flight departures or late PM arrivals, but not for vacations, family trips, or romantic getaways.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 27, 2004

Made reservations for a non-smoking room, yet
when checked in they gave me a smoking room. I bitterly complained with to no avail. The front desk said they would send someone up to spray, yet after hour half no response. Went to the front desk, and they called someone up. They gave the room three or four squirts, and an ionizer that didn't blow any air. I woke up in the morning with the taste of smoke in my mouth.
The front desk said the reservation just reserves the room, and not a non-smoking room that I requested. She said next time, you have to reserve a non-smoking room. I told her the management, that is what I thought I did.
The food was very high priced with no salad or soup with the dinner. The bread was hard.
Last comment: Worst Hotel that I stayed in my whole life.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2003

Stayed here for 1 night before flying out of BWI. Front desk staff were very good, and the pool with the fountain was lovely. The bathroom was dirty and moldy looking, and I just didn't feel that it was up to the standards of other Marriots that I have stayed in. Very convenient if leaving for airport early, but otherwise I would find a different Marriott to stay in.

12 Thank theconstantwanderer