“Expensive but lacking” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
chesapeake, va
“Expensive but lacking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Arrived to my room and the t v was on. No remote was in the room. Had to call to have one sent up. Went to get ice. No liner in the bucket. Went to the front desk to get one, but I was told I have to call housekeeping to have one sent up. Went to get ice. Machine on my floor is broken. Wanted a cold soda. Machine on my floor sold out. Had to go to little shop and pay 2.50 for a small bottle of soda. Power strip on tv console by desk does not work. Could not charge my electronics there. Brought my own pillow. Day 2 of my stay I found my pillow on the made up bed without my pillow case. Beds are soft, comfortable but not anything special. Bathroom was spacious and clean. I expect more from this level of chain. I could get a room at a discount hotel much cheaper and have ice/continental breakfast and coffee in the lobby at my disposal. But the biggest gouge in this hotel is the charge for wi fi for 12.95. Ridiculous.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
BWI-Marriott, Executive Assistant at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! I would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding the concerns you had during your stay. Please contact me at
410-859-8300. Thank you!

Laura Tippin
Executive Assistant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Very pleased with our stay here. The airport shuttle to and from BWI was timely and quick. Staff is helpful and friendly. The rooms are large and beds were comfortable. No complaints about our stay. But the the food... The onsite restaurants were not so good. Champions was incredibly disappointing if not awful. The breakfast buffet place was substandard except for the omelet station. Stay here but eat somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I liked this hotel very much. Single night stay, king room on floor 10, concierge level.

Lobby fresh and open, staff super friendly and most accommodating upon check in, recognized my gold status. Once I hit the elevator I could tell this property had some age behind it and it was confirmed once I got to my floor. This is not a bad thing but there is no doubt this place does need some refreshing soon. Carpets old and dated looking, scuff all over the place, walls, elevators, doors etc.....the smell was even a bit old, clean but just older and in need of some investment dollars.

Room was nice, spacious and a view of BWI but dated. Bed very comfy and soft if you like that. Water pressure is weak and fluctuates which was a bit of a turn off. Toilet flush is weak at best.

Gym looked nice but didn't have time to use it. Nice large pool and hot tub area, laundry on site, Starbucks in lobby. Didn't eat here, just had the concierge breakfast but very light.

All in all great stay and will stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Very good Marriott experience. Rooms are clean, service is great. Airport is nearby and offers shuttle service, concierge lounge, great workout facility and indoor pool.

Highly recommend this hotel if your business is nearby airport.

• Stayed March 2013
Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

As a roaf warrior I thought this woukd be a great choice for a hotel. Close the airport. All of the services you would look for in a hotel. I thought the complimentary crab cake in the lobby was a classy touch. Well.....it ended there. I webt to the restaurant lookong for a great meal and it was like I didn't exist....as a table on one. Then I tried the sports bar with the same menu....couldn't get anyone to acknowledge me. So I opted for the Chilli's restaurant next door. I got half way through this review and my meak is already here. I think I would recommend rhe Aloft hotel behind the Marriott next time.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
BWI-Marriott, Executive Assistant at BWI Airport Marriott, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for the feedback, I would to further discuss the concerns you had while a guest at our hotel. Please contact me at 410-859-8300. I look forward to hearing from you.

Laura Tippin
Executive Assistant
Ellicottville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is a good option for staying near BWI -- it isn't the nicest area of the country (Baltimore area) and is pretty bland but the hotel, while a bit dated, is nice and large. They have plenty of free parking, what looks like a newly renovated lobby, and the staff are all great and friendly - the Marriott way. Great breakfast on the Club level. Nice stay here at the BWI Marriott.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

So this is your run of the mill airport Marriott - rooms all look the same as most other locations, they are clean, there is a gym, overpriced food & drinks, but convenient etc... They have a shuttle from the airport that runs every 15 to 20 minutes. If you go outside the airport near door #15 they come and pick you up & will also bring you back when your are leaving. Service was good - staff tried to help at any opportunity. I have not come across a hotel recently that still charges for internet in your room, but, this Marriott does and I found this to be annoying.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business