“Fresh Sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Sushi is always fresh. Staff is friendly. Fried rice is delicious!! Small restaurant... but I have never had to wait for a table.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Easy to find in Linthicum; we wanted something close to the airport; nice setting for a small restaurant in a strip shopping center with lots of parking. Entrees are bountiful; one person in our group had the Sushi (tuna and yellowfin) and said it was very good and the rest of us had rice combos. We had an avocado and lettuce salad which satisfied all four of us. Staff dresses in Japanese kimonos. A few of the staff had a difficult time with English explanations. Not the cheapest food but it was very nice ambiance and nice to take out of town guests.

1  Thank dolls111
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant was quite nice and the wait staff looked good in their traditional Japanese garb but the sushi just wasn't quite there. It was fairly good but I've had better. The maki was a bit on the sticky rubbery side for lack of a better term and the salmon and tuna nigiri was a tad dry as if the fish had been cut and sitting out for quite some time. Overall not bad and maybe I was there on and off night, but it just wasn't up to par.

1  Thank FedTraveler32
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Well, never really knew this place was here as I haven't went out the back way from my house for quite a while...and even going by it doesn't pull your eyes as it is quite small. But, the food is excellent!! Try the soft crab appetizer...extremely good and tasty...have tried several different rolls now (just found the place a month ago, and have been there five times now with different people). The New York roll? The best...not only tasty, but one of the most pretty meals you will ever eat. The special roll book is large, so you will have to go many times to try them all..Eat so much I have never tried a desert!!!

1  Thank Klepley
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

I was craving sushi and wasn't near my go-to sushi spot in Owings Mills so I googled and found Matsu. It was lunch time on a Friday so the place was packed and very small. I had to sit at the sushi bar, which was crowded as well. I ordered the two roll lunch combo for $7.95, adding green tea adds another $3.50 to the bill. The spicy tuna and spicy salmon rolls were delicious. If I'm ever in the area again I'll stop by.

1  Thank J S