“If you are desperate”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Was in the vicinity 2 weeks ago and had a stopover in Linthicum, Maryland. Was looking for some hot sake so I chose Matsu as it was pretty close to the hotel.
We had the soft shell crab which was good. The Yellow tail in the Love Boat was very dry and the Tuna was tasteless but the white Tuna was fresh, moist and tasty.
Had to send back the rice and the chef kindly exchanged it for sushi rice.

3  Thank myong

Reviewed January 22, 2012

We've been to Matsu many times since we live fairly close to Linthicum and are very familiar with Matsu and we know the owner. I personally didn't eat sushi when I started going there...my hubby did.....and he RAVED about the sushi. I started out eating the bento box with various cooked items and California rolls. To be honest, I really don't care for fish. I eat most shellfish, but I wouldn't just order fish in a restaurant. After admiring my hubby's and having the owner talk to me about the preparation, I decided to give it a try. I was mildly surprised at the taste! I don't care for stronger fish, but I love crazy tuna and many of the specialty rolls that they offer in the evening.

Matsu has a typical sushi bar where you can sit and watch your food being prepared as well as booths and tables, decorated in warm colors. Never have we had anything we questioned where freshness is concerned. Compared to most of the sushi places we have tried, they are right in line with the area prices. A lunch special is offered Monday thru Saturday....it's very reasonable. The special rolls are most awesome. Matsu is a fun place as a group or just as nice as a romantic afternoon or evening with your special someone....I highly recommend their food! :)

4  Thank islandgirlejfan
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My fiance and I visit Matsu once a month for sushi. The sushi is always fresh and reasonably priced. I will continue to visit Matsu !!

1  Thank ang413777
Reviewed December 13, 2011

We ate at this restaurant on a Saturday nite. There were fewer patrons than we thought we would see but the food was as good as any Japanese restaurant that we have eaten at. We eat at many Japanese restaurants. Only down side was the waitresses ( looks like they work as a team rather than as individuals ) do not speak very good English so it was difficult to communicate - but that in itself was not negative, only inconvenient.
Dennis & Yaeko Shaub

1  Thank Bernie919
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Excellent quality fish--in fact, the best quality sushi we have had in several years. So lucky to have found this on Trip Advisor. We have stayed around the airport for over 7 years on our trips back & forth to Florida, and just found this tonight. Will be back again & again.

1  Thank mizliz05