“Excellence in hospitality”

Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
New Hampshire
“Excellence in hospitality”
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Wonderful staff, fantastic facility, rooms clean and comfortable.
Great location near airport, downtown and interstate.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, March 7, 2011
Thank you and we appreciate you taking the time to write a review based upon your recent experience. It is our hope that you left feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Safe travels and Be Well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Massachusetts
Reviewed March 1, 2011

Due to a missed connection, our airline put my friends and I up in this hotel for a night. After a long day of travel and the frustrating news of missing our flight, we were tired, grumpy, frustrated, and just wanted a nice meal and some drinks followed by the few hours of sleep we could get before heading back to the airport.
After being greeted by warm and welcoming staff and checking into our stunning guestroom, we ventured to the hotel restaurant. While our server was extremely friendly and attentive with the drinks, he forgot to put our order in. After first being told we couldn't get our dinner because he waited too long and the restaurant was closing, we finally did get our food much later (it was quite good). The manager helped us out with the bill, which had a few errors, and by the time we were done we had only so much time to sleep. Not ones to complain, we did feel the need to express our frustrations to the manager (and he was very understanding and apologetic).
Practically within seconds of being back in our room, there was a knock on the door. The manager had sent up a gift bag for each of us, filled with various snacks and waters. It was an extremely kind gesture and really showed us that this is a hotel of class. After such a long, trying day, we were deeply impressed and heartened as we drifted off to sleep… in the heavenly beds of the Westin, of course.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, March 3, 2011
Thank you for your candid review and for staying with us at The Westin BWI. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. The Manager you spoke with demonstrated service recovery at its finest. He took a negative situation and turned it into a positive one for you and your friends. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the guestrooms and the Heavenly Bed, and hope that you left revived and rejuvenated . We hope the rest of your trip was successful and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future! There are many things to experience in Baltimore and the Washington DC area. Safe travels and Be Well.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 23, 2011

We arrived in the evening for a quick trip before we caught a flight out of BWI the next morning. The hotel lobby was chic and relaxing, and our front desk service was nice. We used the gym--loved it. Clean, big, personal TVs on the equipment, it was wonderful. We also used the pool, which was very nice and well-managed. Each sitting area had fresh towels so that you didn't have to walk to a pile of towels soaking wet when you wanted to dry off. The facilities were nice and relaxing. The hotel room was great. The heating/AC was NOT noisey, which usually is the case in a hotel. The room had a nice relaxing feel to it, the bed was comfortable, there were plenty of blankets, and it was very welcoming. I didn't feel like I was in a "hotel" at all. I didn't like the scent of the soaps, but I think it was selected to go with the hotel's theme of a sort of Asian fung shui/relax/modern feel. I really enjoyed the hotel. My one complaint is that they charge $13 for internet. I understand costs and needs to make ends meet, but it felt cheap in what was an otherwise very nice hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Westin BWI Airport . We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Your description of the Westin Workout and Pool facilities is complimentary . It sounds like you had a very relaxing and refreshing stay. We understand your sentiment regarding the cost of the internet in the room. We currently offer WIFI in all public space for incremental charges based upon usage time, ranging from 2 hrs/$ 4.95 to upto 24hrs/$ 12.95. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We hope you have a safe flight and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the area again. Be Well.
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed February 15, 2011

We chose the Westin based on it's reviews any closeness to the airport.
We were only going to be in Baltimore for one night before and after our cruise. The hotel is very nice and the staff were great. The only real issue we had was the price of things at the restaurant. You would also think a hotel like the Westin (which is not cheap) would have a contenential breakfast of some sort, but no luck. We did however ask for a coffee and Jim at the front desk said to go get some from the restaurant "on him". They also gave us a class of soda on our way out as well - so that was nice.

Next time I think we would stay closer to Inner Harbour, but with it's free airport shuttle and amenities, the Westin BWI is a great pick just don't expect to be a whole lot close to anything else. It's a $40 cab ride to the Cruise Port and $25 to the Arundel Mills Mall!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
We appreciate and thank you for taking the time to share with us your most recent stay experience. Our hotel is within close proximity to the airport. Our Complimentary Shuttle travels back and forth within a three mile radius from the hotel. The Inner Harbor and Arundel Mall are outside our perimeter; however, we partner with various transportation entities who would be more than willing to accommodate any request. Our bountiful breakfast with our signature super foods focused menu, is health enhancing and rich in antioxidants and other nutrients. We are glad to hear that our front desk associate Jim assisted you in getting some complimentary coffee to start your day. He is a great addition to the team. It is our hope and desire that you will have a relaxing and enjoyable cruise. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Westin when your travels bring you back to the Baltimore area. Be well Be Westin!
Oklahoma City
Reviewed January 28, 2011

I just returned from a military deployment and had to stay the night after arriving late from BWI. I researched the surrounding area and from the great reviews I chose to make a reservation at the Westin. The reviews were correct and I don't have anything negative to say. I called the hotel from the airport for the shuttle to pick me up. I was told 15 minutes and after about 30 minutes I called back and the lady apologized and told me a driver was on the way. The driver came about 10 minutes later and was very nice. I ate dinner at the Luminous (inside the hotel) because it was late and I did not want to go out. The food was very good and I even had a drink at the bar later that night. The wait staff and bartender were very professional. The room was so nice and the bed was absolutely wonderful. The next morning I decided to enjoy the jacuzzi in the morning since the pool was closed the night before. I also ate breakfast at the hotel as well since it was included in my hotel package. The breakfast was so good and the wait staff was very professional. After I checked out I asked to have the shuttle take me to the airport and one arrived about 10 minutes later. The driver was so professional and treated me very well. The next time I travel to this area I don't have to look for something because I will always come back. I will also tell all of my friends about this place since we travel though BWI all the time. Thanks Westin for my wonderful return back to the States.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank OKCtravelwithme
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, January 31, 2011
Thank you for your response. We appreciate the kind words you had to say about your recent experience at our hotel. We do apologize for the hotel shuttle encounter and the inconvenience it caused you. We are glad to hear that, you had a hearty satisfying meal and a great service experience within the Luminous Restaurant for dinner and breakfast. As a member of our Military forces, we appreciate your dedication and service to our country. As you criss-cross the country near and far, we thank-you in advance for your word of mouth advertising! We look forward to welcoming you back, when you travel through the BWI corridor. Be Well.
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed January 20, 2011

I have stayed at this Westin about 6 times in the last year and as a Platinum SPG Member I think they do a great job. The hotel location is great, the rooms are spotless(thank your housekeeping crew!), I am always recognized as a Platinum Member and this is not the case at all SPG properties,the conciergeclub lounge is great as well good food and snack drinks etc one of the better ones. The bar is nice as well I must say great bar tenders and wait staff they can be very funny! Happy hour they have some free apps and snacks which is nice. Drinks are a tad pricey a good glass of Malbec is $12. Pool and work out are are superior and figure this out the hot tub is actually HOT!! Thank You!! My only issue is really they need to have a much better business center(printers were down and you coulnt print your boarding pass you have to fix this quickly!) and offer free computer like the Sheraton Link. Since you dont have that people will stay in their rooms and use their laptops instead of being downstairs enjoying everyone companys and buying drinks! I truly believe if they offered free computers like the Sheraton next store they would have an unbeatable hotel. In my humble opinion..

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, January 24, 2011
First and foremost, we would like to thank-you for your ongoing patronage. Your sentiments and keen observations have been duly noted. Infact, your suggestion regarding complementary WIFI in public/common areas, is reverberating throughout the brand. There is momentum afoot to ensure its feasibility and implementation before year end. Our sister brand, Sheraton has successfully launched the “Link” allowing connectivity in the lobby and public space complementary.

Our entire staff strives to provide a sensory welcome, along with personal and instinctive service. As your hotel of choice in the Baltimore Washington corridor, we will continue to provide you with a renewal experience. Thank-you and Be well.
Reviewed December 22, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Westin when we attended the "Rally to Restore Sanity". We had a wonderful time. The free shuttle from the airport/train station was extremely helpful. The shuttle will also take you to any restaurant/business within three miles of the hotel. The 30 min. train ride to D.C. was easy and pleasant. Also,the hotel allowed us to check in at 8:00 in the morning . In addition, I inadvertently left some clothing in the closet and it was quickly sent back to my home. The rate was very resonable and we even stayed on the executive floor and had a full complimentay breakfast Mon. morning.
We loved it!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beachgirl02190
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, December 23, 2010
Thank you for your review and we appreciate you taking the time to write a positive review about your experience at Westin Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel. Our associates do their best, to make sure that each guests stay is a personal and renewing experience. Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back when you and your husband are in the area again!
Be Well.