“Was treated like a King” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI

The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Oklahoma City
“Was treated like a King”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2011

I just returned from a military deployment and had to stay the night after arriving late from BWI. I researched the surrounding area and from the great reviews I chose to make a reservation at the Westin. The reviews were correct and I don't have anything negative to say. I called the hotel from the airport for the shuttle to pick me up. I was told 15 minutes and after about 30 minutes I called back and the lady apologized and told me a driver was on the way. The driver came about 10 minutes later and was very nice. I ate dinner at the Luminous (inside the hotel) because it was late and I did not want to go out. The food was very good and I even had a drink at the bar later that night. The wait staff and bartender were very professional. The room was so nice and the bed was absolutely wonderful. The next morning I decided to enjoy the jacuzzi in the morning since the pool was closed the night before. I also ate breakfast at the hotel as well since it was included in my hotel package. The breakfast was so good and the wait staff was very professional. After I checked out I asked to have the shuttle take me to the airport and one arrived about 10 minutes later. The driver was so professional and treated me very well. The next time I travel to this area I don't have to look for something because I will always come back. I will also tell all of my friends about this place since we travel though BWI all the time. Thanks Westin for my wonderful return back to the States.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank OKCtravelwithme
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, January 31, 2011
Thank you for your response. We appreciate the kind words you had to say about your recent experience at our hotel. We do apologize for the hotel shuttle encounter and the inconvenience it caused you. We are glad to hear that, you had a hearty satisfying meal and a great service experience within the Luminous Restaurant for dinner and breakfast. As a member of our Military forces, we appreciate your dedication and service to our country. As you criss-cross the country near and far, we thank-you in advance for your word of mouth advertising! We look forward to welcoming you back, when you travel through the BWI corridor. Be Well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2011

I have stayed at this Westin about 6 times in the last year and as a Platinum SPG Member I think they do a great job. The hotel location is great, the rooms are spotless(thank your housekeeping crew!), I am always recognized as a Platinum Member and this is not the case at all SPG properties,the conciergeclub lounge is great as well good food and snack drinks etc one of the better ones. The bar is nice as well I must say great bar tenders and wait staff they can be very funny! Happy hour they have some free apps and snacks which is nice. Drinks are a tad pricey a good glass of Malbec is $12. Pool and work out are are superior and figure this out the hot tub is actually HOT!! Thank You!! My only issue is really they need to have a much better business center(printers were down and you coulnt print your boarding pass you have to fix this quickly!) and offer free computer like the Sheraton Link. Since you dont have that people will stay in their rooms and use their laptops instead of being downstairs enjoying everyone companys and buying drinks! I truly believe if they offered free computers like the Sheraton next store they would have an unbeatable hotel. In my humble opinion..

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, January 24, 2011
First and foremost, we would like to thank-you for your ongoing patronage. Your sentiments and keen observations have been duly noted. Infact, your suggestion regarding complementary WIFI in public/common areas, is reverberating throughout the brand. There is momentum afoot to ensure its feasibility and implementation before year end. Our sister brand, Sheraton has successfully launched the “Link” allowing connectivity in the lobby and public space complementary.

Our entire staff strives to provide a sensory welcome, along with personal and instinctive service. As your hotel of choice in the Baltimore Washington corridor, we will continue to provide you with a renewal experience. Thank-you and Be well.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Westin when we attended the "Rally to Restore Sanity". We had a wonderful time. The free shuttle from the airport/train station was extremely helpful. The shuttle will also take you to any restaurant/business within three miles of the hotel. The 30 min. train ride to D.C. was easy and pleasant. Also,the hotel allowed us to check in at 8:00 in the morning . In addition, I inadvertently left some clothing in the closet and it was quickly sent back to my home. The rate was very resonable and we even stayed on the executive floor and had a full complimentay breakfast Mon. morning.
We loved it!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beachgirl02190
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, December 23, 2010
Thank you for your review and we appreciate you taking the time to write a positive review about your experience at Westin Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel. Our associates do their best, to make sure that each guests stay is a personal and renewing experience. Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back when you and your husband are in the area again!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2010

I don't usually do reviews, but I absolutely have to fill one out for this stay at the Westin BWI. I'd been in DC for business and planned to fly out, but I got sick. Really sick. At the last minute, I decided I couldn't fly. The Westin was (to be perfectly candid) the only BWI-area hotel with a room, so I took it despite an unreasonably high price. I proceeded to get sicker over the next 5 days, and I kept extending. Two days before I finally left, I had a horrible sore throat and couldn't stop coughing, and the person at the front desk offered to get cough drops for me and to deliver them to my room. (I'd gone to the mini-market in the lobby, but they had no cough drops or hard candy of any kind.) He got me two packages of cough drops and had them to me within an hour or so. He was unbelievably kind to me, and I was grateful beyond words.

I can't say much about the hotel (except that the room service menu, while not extensive, included basics that were good, and room service always delivered very quickly) but the staff is among the best that I've ever encountered. The airport shuttle driver even helped me carry my bags into the airport, which no one has ever done before. Next time I'm in the area, I know for sure where I'll be staying.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank JAFTravels
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and telling us about your experience. We are glad you decided to stay with us and give us the opportunity to earn your business. It is reviews like this, that show us where we are successful in our customer service delivery. Our associates are empowered to be their best and to go above and beyond for you, our guest in offering you a personal experience. It is good to hear that you were able to feel refreshed during your stay with us and were able to make it back home safely. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the area.

Bethesda, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2010

Let me preface my review with the fact I am Marriott Platinum. I have learned to have high expectations of cleanliness and service. This hotel is excellent on both counts!

Though other reviewers have good points about costs, this is a Westin, after all. The location is actually not bad, being a bit further from runways than other hotels around (this matters!). Rooms are decorated in a "zen" style that is both sophisticated, yet relaxed with some helpful touches such as perfectly placed desktop power, and a multi-head shower. I priceline'd this one for $50/nt on a Thursday prior to an early flight, and found that value excellent, even at $100. Rooms are well-insulated, hallways are quiet, and though the bar area and restaurant are wanting, this is an AIRPORT hotel. It is designed around a one-night or so guest, not longer term stays. The workout room and pool seemed well-equipped, and the parking was easy.

The staff was helpful, though not bubbly, but this is "Baldimer," folks. The town and its people aren't necessarily sparkling, but I found them to meet all of my needs in a pleasant manner.

Mostly, I was impressed by the style and sophistication of this place for the location, as well as nice touches in rooms that Marriott's and Hilton's don't have lately, such as lighting upgrades, nicer beds, upgraded toiletries, and a beautiful calming lobby with gracious staff. Westin, you got this one right!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank travel_wahoo
ltdsocialbwiarundel, Social Marketing Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, December 14, 2010
Thank you for your review and we appreciate your thoughts and kind words about our hotel. Our associates strive to make sure that your stay with us was a personal experience. We are glad that you stayed with us and hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you into our hotel again. Be Well.
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2010

Huh? Really potatoes cost extra at the breakfast buffet? Odd to say the least and the first time I have encountered this. I told the chef I wanted some and he replied they cost extra...ok. He then sent the server to confirm that I wanted them to which I replied yes. She then told me they cost extra...ok. 5 minutes later out come the potatoes, or what once was a potato before some huge plant got ahold of them and turned them into what looked like the curly fries squared up cousin. Awful...really Westin? When I got the bill I wasn't charged so oh well....but really Westin??? Frozen potatoes????

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, December 10, 2010
Thank you for your review and letting us know how we are doing. It is reviews like this that open our eyes about the small things like the food we offer. First, let me apologize for the inconvenience and the time it took to get this resolved. Since this comment we have reviewed the items on our buffet and the additions that may need to be made. As you recall, the Westin BWI’s features our SuperFoods, which are items known for being health enhancing and rich in antioxidants and phytonutrients. The SuperFoods buffet does include various fruit, vegetables, grains and proteins that are known to improve well-being and longevity. We also feature fresh sliced fruit, whole fruit, antioxidants, fresh prepared waffles and omelets. Unfortunately potatoes do not fall into this category, but we can have them available if requested. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next trip to our area.
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2010

We selected the Westin BWI as the ideal location for a weekend (Friday-Monday) stay wth my wife and her mother. We were in the area attending a family wedding. The location was convenient to the airport and to the wedding location. Upon arrival there was no one to greet us or to help with luggage, The front desk was staffed by one (at 3 PM on a Friday) owing to all other employees being at a management meeting. Registration was efficient and the luggage eventually arrived.

Rooms were great and the staff was very nice. However there were disappointments.
We had requested the concierge level (Westin Club) only to find the club was shut down for the weekend with 'coupons' for breakfast andd complementary drinks in the lobby lounge. Room service was delayed owing to "the food was not made up yet., but it was good whenit arrrived. We still have two days to see how the weekend turns out! Internet was $12.95 a day.

This is primarily a high class airport hotel, aspiring to be a 4-5 star experience. It is still very nice, but not the Westin experience I expected.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ltdsocialbwiarundel, Social Marketing Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, October 19, 2010
Thank you and we appreciate you taking time to write a review based on your recent experience with Westin. We value our guests’ comments and appreciate your feedback. As with most Westin hotels, the Club Lounge is normally closed on the weekends from Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon. In this case we extended the closure through Monday but did communicate this with our guests. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and that we didn’t do a good enough job ensuring that you were aware of the situation. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food and it met with your satisfaction once it did arrive. We hope that you will think of us again for your future travels to the Baltimore Washington International Airport area.

Be well.