“Westin (express)”

The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed October 15, 2010

We selected the Westin BWI as the ideal location for a weekend (Friday-Monday) stay wth my wife and her mother. We were in the area attending a family wedding. The location was convenient to the airport and to the wedding location. Upon arrival there was no one to greet us or to help with luggage, The front desk was staffed by one (at 3 PM on a Friday) owing to all other employees being at a management meeting. Registration was efficient and the luggage eventually arrived.

Rooms were great and the staff was very nice. However there were disappointments.
We had requested the concierge level (Westin Club) only to find the club was shut down for the weekend with 'coupons' for breakfast andd complementary drinks in the lobby lounge. Room service was delayed owing to "the food was not made up yet., but it was good whenit arrrived. We still have two days to see how the weekend turns out! Internet was $12.95 a day.

This is primarily a high class airport hotel, aspiring to be a 4-5 star experience. It is still very nice, but not the Westin experience I expected.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
ltdsocialbwiarundel, Social Marketing Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2010

Thank you and we appreciate you taking time to write a review based on your recent experience with Westin. We value our guests’ comments and appreciate your feedback. As with most Westin hotels, the Club Lounge is normally closed on the weekends from Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon. In this case we extended the closure through Monday but did communicate this with our guests. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and that we didn’t do a good enough job ensuring that you were aware of the situation. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food and it met with your satisfaction once it did arrive. We hope that you will think of us again for your future travels to the Baltimore Washington International Airport area.

Be well.

Reviewed October 15, 2010

The staff was outstanding. It was raining and the shuttle driver picked me up at my car in the parking lot. Awesome
Room was wonderful..

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Thank you and we appreciate you taking time to write a review based on your recent experience with us. We are glad to hear that our Associates and Shuttle Driver gave you excellent Customer Service that you expect and deserve from a Westin. Again, thank you and we hope you were able to relax and unwind during your stay with us. We value your relationship and look forward with great anticipation to having you return.

Be well.

Reviewed October 8, 2010

The Westin is conveniently located not far from the airport. It is currenly under renovations in the lobby, as the tile on the floor has come loose resulting in portions of the lobby being roped off so the tile can be replaced. They also just shut down their main restaurant due to lack of business and are using the former restaurant space for meetings. As a result, they are serving meals at the bar area. I would not eat at the hotel as their menu is limited, service is slow, and the portions are taste sized. There are great restaurants in the area if you have a car.

Overall the rooms are extremely comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
ltdsocialbwiarundel, Social Marketing Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2010

Thank you and we appreciate you taking time to write a review based on your recent experience with us. Our Lobby Renewal was taking place during your stay. Our previous flooring was uneven and needed to be replaced. We sectioned off areas to work on to have the least impact to our guests. We renovated one section of our restaurant for additional meeting space. Luminous as been downsized, but we like to say it’s the perfect size to contain both the restaurant dining area and bar. We still have adequate seating for our guests but now we can boast a lively, interactive dining experience. Our current menu offering is Tapas, however we also offer some full menu options. In fact, we are finalizing our fall offerings which will include pastas, a variety of seafood’s including scallops, salmon and rock fish and a wonderfully prepared half chicken. Our Associates strive to provide the best customer service to each and every guest in a timely manner. Again, thank you for your comments and we will continue to work harder for our guests and provide the service that they expect.

Reviewed September 3, 2010

The staff at the hotel were wonderfully helpful and courteous. I am an insulin dependent diabetic, and they went out of their way to make sure I had a refridgerator brought to my room for my insulin. One of their staff even drove us to a store to get necessities we forgot to pack. The restaurant's food was incredible. The food provided by the hotel for our conference was top-notch, and the best I have in a buffet style by a hotel. But the best part were the beds -- I have never slept so good in a hotel!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
ltdsocialbwiarundel, Social Marketing Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2010

Thank you very much for your kind words rearding the Westin Baltimore Washington Airport. Our associates are passionate about making sure that every guest has everything they need to replenish their spirit. They are considerate and attentive to our guests every need. We value your relationship and look forward with great anticipation to having you return.

Reviewed August 8, 2010

The Westin BWI is a new property, located in a quiet area some ways off from the airport. I had a bit of a challenge finding it in my rental car, even with GPS navigation. There are ample quiet streets for walking or jogging in the area, but be forewarned there are NO restaurants or other retail. I was surprised to see a number of small groups of men standing outside to chat over a beer on the hot evening that I checked in. The lobby music was rather loud, so my guess is that was their best option for carrying on a conversation.

Room was flawless and comfortable. Room service performed well and was not overpriced. A/C was quiet and I slept like a baby. Westin seems to have settled on a dark, monotone brown decorating scheme. I find it drab, but some would call it sophisticated.

Then came breakfast, and y'all really botched it here. I was seated in the corner boooth and I asked for coffee. Loaded up my plate with buffet yummies - a great heaping bowl of yogurt with granola and fresh berries, and a side of sausage and home fries. Nicely done, but where's my coffee? The wait staff seemed determined to not see me, though I raised my hand and tried to make eye contact every time one of them headed into the dining area. I'd spotted some decanters of juice in the buffet, but there were no glasses available so that also wasn't an option to whet my whistle, and no water had been offered. Hm. Proceeded to eat, watching hopefully for my coffee. Three other tables were topped off, and two more were seated and brought coffee. Me, not so much. Finally, as I was cleaning my plate, I was able to catch the attention of a waitress by standing up as she was making her rounds. She apologized for forgetting my coffee, and added that "It was really busy this morning." Okay, but it's 9:00 now and only half the tables are occupied, so why is this an excuse? Sorry to make a soap opera out of my buffet breakfast, but honestly. It's breakfast. People want coffee. Don't screw this up.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
ltdsocialbwiarundel, Social Marketing Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2010

Thank you for your review and letting us know where we have fallen short during your stay with us. We appreciate your kind comments on your guest room with our Heavenly Beds and our attentive housekeeping associates. We apologize that you did not recieve that same attentive service in our restaurant as our associates strive to give full attention and service to every guest, every time. We hope that you will think of us again for your future travel to the Baltimore Washington International Airport area.

Reviewed June 29, 2010

I've stayed at this hotel 30 times in the last 2 years. It's a newer quite comfortable and stylish hotel. Only real complaint is the distance to good restaurants but it's 5 minutes from BWI. It's very clean and the club lounge is nice but hotel management just misses on some of the details. For example, they don't provide cut fruit or a nice selection of healthy choices for the club level OR restaurant buffet breakfast. The food is very good but the service (usually timing) can just be off sometimes. Great outdoor bar/lounge area and very nice gym.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Seat31E
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2010

Thank you for your helpful comments about the hotel and especially about the buffets in the Club Lounge and in our lovely restaurant. I wanted to update you on our current initiative in Westin called SuperFoods! For breakfast as you noticed the buffets did not have cut fruit but did have whole fruits like oranges, bananas and apples, a variety of juices and cereals. Also we feature yogurts, granola, berries, fresh pastries and vegetables like broccoli (yes broccoli). The SuperFoods philosophy is all about offering health-enhancing items as a part of our commitment to your personal renewal. Unfortunately they blend in so well with the staples of breakfast that they can go un-noticed. We’ll do a better job in the future of featuring these items as well as picking up the pace on our service. Thanks again for staying with us, and I do hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed June 24, 2010

We are a family of 4 with two boys, 6 and 5, who love staying in hotels. We all really enjoyed the Westin. Our June 4-6 weekend was to see the We got a nice rate through priceline and were given a room with 2 double beds. The beds were comfortable, the shower was great and the flat screen TV went perfectly with the dark wood, minimalist decor. The bar area was cool, the parking was no problem and the location was perfect for the light rail to the Inner Harbor. The hotel lobby is really nice. I believe they experienced some water damage as most of the floor tiles were loose in the lobby. But that is a small negative compared to the overall property, which I highly recommend. The new Chili's restaurant gives hotel guest another dining option with Bob Evans and Ruby Tuesdays also nearby. The price for internet access was annoying but I got over it.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family