$82
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $96/night.

$109
Country Inn
  • Breakfast included
Hampton.com
$99
Holiday Inn BWI Airport(Linthicum Heights)(Great Value!)
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $111/night.

$87
$84
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $94/night.

Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport(Linthicum Heights)
$142
$131
Hilton.com
$98
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

$80
$73
$108
$96
All reviewsfront deskroom serviceclub floorinner harborvery nice hotelbaltimore washington airportbusiness travelerworkout roombed was comfortablecamden yardslate checkfitness centercrab cakesbusiness centerone night stayfree shuttlethe shuttle driver
Reviewed August 8, 2010

The Westin BWI is a new property, located in a quiet area some ways off from the airport. I had a bit of a challenge finding it in my rental car, even with GPS navigation. There are ample quiet streets for walking or jogging in the area, but be forewarned there are NO restaurants or other retail. I was surprised to see a number of small groups of men standing outside to chat over a beer on the hot evening that I checked in. The lobby music was rather loud, so my guess is that was their best option for carrying on a conversation.

Room was flawless and comfortable. Room service performed well and was not overpriced. A/C was quiet and I slept like a baby. Westin seems to have settled on a dark, monotone brown decorating scheme. I find it drab, but some would call it sophisticated.

Then came breakfast, and y'all really botched it here. I was seated in the corner boooth and I asked for coffee. Loaded up my plate with buffet yummies - a great heaping bowl of yogurt with granola and fresh berries, and a side of sausage and home fries. Nicely done, but where's my coffee? The wait staff seemed determined to not see me, though I raised my hand and tried to make eye contact every time one of them headed into the dining area. I'd spotted some decanters of juice in the buffet, but there were no glasses available so that also wasn't an option to whet my whistle, and no water had been offered. Hm. Proceeded to eat, watching hopefully for my coffee. Three other tables were topped off, and two more were seated and brought coffee. Me, not so much. Finally, as I was cleaning my plate, I was able to catch the attention of a waitress by standing up as she was making her rounds. She apologized for forgetting my coffee, and added that "It was really busy this morning." Okay, but it's 9:00 now and only half the tables are occupied, so why is this an excuse? Sorry to make a soap opera out of my buffet breakfast, but honestly. It's breakfast. People want coffee. Don't screw this up.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
ltdsocialbwiarundel, Social Marketing Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2010

Thank you for your review and letting us know where we have fallen short during your stay with us. We appreciate your kind comments on your guest room with our Heavenly Beds and our attentive housekeeping associates. We apologize that you did not recieve that same attentive service in our restaurant as our associates strive to give full attention and service to every guest, every time. We hope that you will think of us again for your future travel to the Baltimore Washington International Airport area.

Reviewed June 29, 2010

I've stayed at this hotel 30 times in the last 2 years. It's a newer quite comfortable and stylish hotel. Only real complaint is the distance to good restaurants but it's 5 minutes from BWI. It's very clean and the club lounge is nice but hotel management just misses on some of the details. For example, they don't provide cut fruit or a nice selection of healthy choices for the club level OR restaurant buffet breakfast. The food is very good but the service (usually timing) can just be off sometimes. Great outdoor bar/lounge area and very nice gym.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Seat31E
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2010

Thank you for your helpful comments about the hotel and especially about the buffets in the Club Lounge and in our lovely restaurant. I wanted to update you on our current initiative in Westin called SuperFoods! For breakfast as you noticed the buffets did not have cut fruit but did have whole fruits like oranges, bananas and apples, a variety of juices and cereals. Also we feature yogurts, granola, berries, fresh pastries and vegetables like broccoli (yes broccoli). The SuperFoods philosophy is all about offering health-enhancing items as a part of our commitment to your personal renewal. Unfortunately they blend in so well with the staples of breakfast that they can go un-noticed. We’ll do a better job in the future of featuring these items as well as picking up the pace on our service. Thanks again for staying with us, and I do hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed June 24, 2010

We are a family of 4 with two boys, 6 and 5, who love staying in hotels. We all really enjoyed the Westin. Our June 4-6 weekend was to see the We got a nice rate through priceline and were given a room with 2 double beds. The beds were comfortable, the shower was great and the flat screen TV went perfectly with the dark wood, minimalist decor. The bar area was cool, the parking was no problem and the location was perfect for the light rail to the Inner Harbor. The hotel lobby is really nice. I believe they experienced some water damage as most of the floor tiles were loose in the lobby. But that is a small negative compared to the overall property, which I highly recommend. The new Chili's restaurant gives hotel guest another dining option with Bob Evans and Ruby Tuesdays also nearby. The price for internet access was annoying but I got over it.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2010

I stayed here for one night earlier this week. After reading some reviews, I decided that this would best fit my needs as a solo traveler. The airport shuttle service was prompt to and from the airport. It was sitting outside the hotel making it easy for me to make my morning flight. The shuttle drivers were extremely friendly. Cathy and John (or maybe it was Jim) at the front desk were quite pleasant. John even escorted me to the shuttle after checking out. I stayed on the executive level floor, which was very quiet and has a club lounge that serves breakfast. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to take advantage of it. The bed was truly "heavenly" and the room was very clean. The dual shower heads were awesome. Gratuity was a bit high for room service, but the food was good and service was prompt (you have to try the crab bisque). It is a relatively new property. Since it's in an airport area, there isn't much around the hotel but other hotels, but it's a short 5 minutes to the airport. I highly recommend this property and will stay again if I'm in the area. Kudos to the Westin staff!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2010

I'll start this with a disclaimer - I used to work in a 4 diamond hotel so I can be both very forgiving and a harsh critic at the same time. But I also know that a higher end hotel should live up to a certain standard I wouldn't expect from your average budget place. My husband and I stayed at the Westin BWI for one night over Memorial Day weekend prior to a cruise departing from Baltimore.

The front desk staff was very courteous and friendly with a quick check in. After that, things went a bit downhill. At first glance, the hotel is gorgeous inside, but we started noticing lots of little maintenance issues that weren't being taken care of like loose floor tiles in the lobby, a dingy looking fountain/water garden in the lobby, and an elevator door that almost crushed me as I walked in because the safety sensor was located above my head.

Our room was nice enough with very comfy bed, but had very little lighting making it difficult to read or to apply makeup in the bathroom. The toilet was loose from the floor and rocking and we were only given two towels for the room. Shortly after we arrived, I discovered my key card didn't work and reported the toilet, towel, and elevator issues to the front desk. I never heard anymore about it and no one came to fix the toilet or bring more towels. Since we were only staying one night we just lived with it.

The indoor pool area was also very nice but lacked towels. If you asked the attendant for a towel she would tell everyone who came in it would be fifteen minutes. Most people just left. If you stayed and got in the pool or hot tub, she would go into a closet and get some towels. I'm all for cutting down on laundry usage, but have never seen a hotel so stingy with towels - both in the rooms and at the pool.

We didn't eat at the hotel but discovered that in spite of many nearby hotels there are almost no restaurants nearby. After some driving around, we finally discovered a Ruby Tuesday about two miles away and ate there. Not the hotels fault - just know that there are very few places to eat nearby.

I know this review sounds negative and the hotel really wasn't terrible- it just lacked the attention to detail a higher end hotel should have. I've stayed in Hampton Inns that were just as nice and without the maintenance issues. For a newer hotel, there were a surprising number of building issues like the floor tiles, loose toilet, and elevator sensors located too high.
One other minor complaint - I booked the hotel knowing Westin's very restrictive smoking policies and was fully willing to abide by them. The hotel website noted available smoking areas outside the hotel which is perfectly fine with me. This hotel has two - one under an awning out front that vehicles use as a turn-around, and another in a courtyard out back towards the parking area. The night we stayed the entire rear area was closed due to a wedding reception being held there forcing us to dodge traffic using the designated area as a turnaround when we wanted to smoke. We also noticed the next morning that there was still dirty glassware and dishes all over the rear courtyard from the reception the night before that had never been cleaned up.

The hotel wasn't bad, but didn't live up to the hype I've heard about Westin's luxurious ammenities and service.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple