“W stands for WOOW”

The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed May 8, 2009

I love this place. Service....Rooms...Food...Bar....EVERYTHING. There is not one flaw.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business

Reviewed April 26, 2009

This is a brand new Wesitn hotel and it shows. Great lobby and restaurant area. Location location location. You can get to downtown Baltimore in less than 12 minutes from there and it is next door to the BWI Airport. Great rooms with great furniture. I will go there again if I stay in the Baltimore area!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J9257
Reviewed April 12, 2009

My teenage daughters and I just returned from an East Coast college trip where we stayed at the Westin BWI as our home base for Johns Hopkins and the Washington, D.C. colleges. The staff of the hotel was wonderful. We arrived very early in the morning and they checked us into our room without any hassle. They also were very helpful with directions to get us on our way. The hotel room was lovely. If you can get the Starwood Preferred Guest floor, it is certainly worth it. The rooms were much bigger than your average double. The room service staff was polite and prompt and the food was good. We definitiely would stay here again. If you have business in Baltimore and don't want to stay in the city. The Westin BWI is a great choice.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank sgh4ra
Reviewed April 8, 2009

We were overcharged for drinks. Not only we we charged for drinks we did not consume, my card was charged twice. The restaurant charged once for the drinks, then the hotel charged for them again.
We stayed the night of 3-28-09 and as of 4-10-09 we have yet to be refunded our money.
The assistant g.m. keeps saying it takes a while to work it out with the credit card company. How hard would it have been to write a check out of petty cash and mailed it ?
Not the customer service I would have expected from the Westin brand!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2008

I stayed at this Westin on business in September 2008, and returned for a conference November 2008. This hotel is incredible everywhere you look. For the first visit, I was feeling a some stress and anxiety from work when I arrived, but as soon as I walked in the door to the ambience and fresh air by the lobby fountain, I distinctly remember feeling a rush of calm come over me. I checked into my room, hooked up to the WiFi with no trouble and did some work. Then I got a late dinner in the restaurant that was delicious and unique. I ordered a salad that had a piece of fried goat cheese that was awesome, alongside a plate of calamari that was equally delicious. I also had a nice warm cup of tea and chocolate mousse. I worked off some of the calories in the exquisite gym, which is huge.

I stayed up late working, while also watching the great flat screen TV. I finally went to bed and rested so peacefully in the heavenly bed, SOOO comofortable. I keep meaning to order the Westin bedding for home.

For the second stay, I was attending a conference that I had to pay for out of pocket. I wanted to stay at the Westin again instead of downtown, and I got a great deal ($120 incl, non-refundable). The shuttle service to the light rail station was fast and reliable, and the stay was as good as the first.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank cntrystar8
Reviewed December 15, 2008

The hotel rooms were clean, warm. The room service was beyond speedy. Everyone was pleasant. Even at 3am when i need cold medicine they went out their way to make their guest (me) happy.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank graceomoge
Reviewed November 26, 2008

I travel to Baltimore twice a month and this is my preferred hotel. The hotel is well located, though the area has a limited number of options in term of food and entertainment. The hotel is clean, the rooms are well appointed with comfortable beds (though they all have the allergy intensive down pillows that seem to prevent in hotels now). Robes are provided, though there is only one in the room. I assume you could ask for a second if you needed it. The workout facilities are outstanding. This is my primary reason for staying here as it is hard to find a good indoor lap pool at a hotel. Note you have to walk through the lobby to get there to the pool so bring flip flops or some other shoe if you don't want wet work shoes.

The food options are not the best however. The food is generally overpriced and heavy. The bar serves a pretty standard mix and the restaurant is Japanese. (Though I would say an Americanized Japanese). I reordered the breakfast by hanging the door tag twice and both times it was wrong and one time it was quite late.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business