“Great one night stay”

The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Our (my husband and I) check-in by Ryan was quick and excellent. We were offered a late check-out at no charge without us even requesting for it. As if he knew we needed it as we were in Baltimore for a late night event. So, we really appreciated not having to wake up earlier and best of all, you are still able to get your breakfast anytime you wake up if you booked the breakfast package!

Breakfast was really good and worth the little extra cost. We were served by Aster. She is awesome and took great care of us! Thanks Aster!

Our room looked okay, clean and spacious enough.

Last time, we were in Baltimore, we stayed in Staybridge suites nextdoor because it was rated no1 in that city on tripadvisor. I don't understand why. The Westin here is a much nicer hotel with nicer looking rooms, lobby, better service, better breakfast and not much difference in price! The Westin was a better value for us.

We were very happy and satisfied with our stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
Jayquin B, Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful comment about our restaurant server Aster. She truly demonstrates what means to provide personalized experiences to our guests. Aster goes above and beyond for all of our guests. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is a great hotel to stay at when we fly out of BWI. This is a nice property and the rooms and beds are great. We have used their fly and park program twice now and it is very convenient. The hotel staff is very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent review. Great to hear about your wonderful experience. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

My son had his wedding ceremony and reception at this hotel on 5/2/14. Our wedding guests also booked about 30 to 40 rooms for that weekend. In general, I should note that the hotel was clean, the ambiance good, and amenities adequate.

HOWEVER, the hotel management failed miserably in effectively supporting the wedding logistics. Here are some examples: 1) The "Bridal Suite" was promised to the bride several months before the actual wedding. But when the designated weekend arrived, she was told that a) they don't really have a Bridal Suite in the hotel, and b) the room normally reserved for the Bride and Groom was given to a Westin Platinum Card member because, as a card member, they have priority. This seems a little hard to believe. 2) During the wedding ceremony itself (which lasted about 45 minutes), the hotel management decided this would be a good time to set up for another reception on the other side of the paneled wall. The noisy movement of the tables and chairs in that adjacent room really added to the sacred atmosphere of our service. 3) The day after the wedding, I approached one of the hotel managers and asked if it was Westin's policy to give designated Bridal Suites to Westin Platinum Card members, regardless of whether or not the suite was secured by the Bridal party beforehand. I was told that that was not a Westin policy. I then asked why it has occurred in our case. The Hotel Manager did not have an answer, but she assured me that she would talk to the Affairs Manager and ask her to call me with an explanation. Needless to say, I never received a call from the Affairs Manager. This is really pretty shocking, especially given the thousands of dollars in business we gave that hotel during that given weekend.

There were a number of other examples of missteps, but this should give the reader a reasonable idea of the level of incompetence that was demonstrated by the hotel's management staff.

As a final note, I will simple say this: The hotel may be OK for an overnight stay. However, if you are planning an affair of any kind, I suggest you look elsewhere. They don't deserve the money.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Jayquin B, Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve.
Our Catering Manager had contacted the bride and groom after the event. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly should you need to speak to us.
I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

This hotel has never disappointed us! Clean, Stylish and has great sleeping accommodations. Bathrooms are very roomy and nice amenities. We have stayed twice at this hotel and would recommend it, if staying in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Jayquin B, Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2014

Thanks for taking time to tell us about your stay! I'm glad to hear it was such a great one! Our staff works very hard to ensure all of our guests have a restful and memorable stay each and every time, so your acknowledgment is much appreciated. We look forward to continue to welcome you back on your future visits to Baltimore.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I went to a wedding on Cape Cod this weekend. On our trip back on Sunday, we were to fly from NH to BWI, then connect to Norfolk. We missed our connecting flight due to construction on the runway. ?!?!?! I've never heard of this happening before, but allegedly no flights were landing for a bit Sunday evening; making us miss the last Norfolk flight of the night.

We took the shuttle and stayed at The Westin. I was panicked and stressed and The Westin BWI's employees showed nothing but kindness and understanding. I was truly impressed. While we didn't have reservations, they gave me a very affordable rate ($99).

I wanted to let you know that The Westin's front desk agent John Campbell was outstanding! Not only did he answer my fifteen million, silly, little questions, he helped us with sundries, sandwiches and beverages. It meant so much to us.

Also, I need to mention Bill Rush. Bill is a van driver. I struck up a good conversation with him; he's so pleasant to talk to. Later, he was going to fill up the shuttle van with gas and offered to get me something from 7-11. His act of kindness needs to be recognized, as well.

I highly recommend The Westin BWI!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Jayquin B, Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you for the amazing review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Westin BWI. Your feedback speaks to our commitment to providing a Westin personalized service at every turn. I will ensure that John and Bill are recognized for her stellar service. We hope you choose the Westin BWI again should you return to BWI area in the future.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I love the Westin Hotel when they are on their game—the Heavenly Bed and towels, and the showers are great. This facility is right at the top of the list when it comes to Westin properties, but it's the employees that earned this hotel an excellent rating from me.

From the moment I walked in the door, I was treated with warmth and hospitality. The hotel itself is relaxing and serene, but the employees went the extra mile in every instance. They are professional, kind, and personable and made me feel at home every moment of my stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are incredibly proud of our associates and their commitment to creating memorable experiences for our guests, so it’s always wonderful to have their efforts acknowledged. We hope to welcome you back in the very near future!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

nice chain hotel, pool looked nice and clean, room was fine. this was our jump off point to a trip to punta cana and being able to leave our car on their lot while we were away was a plus , as well as the hotel supplied shuttle to bwi . no restaurant on site but there are a couple within walking distance . linnens were great and the bed was very comfy . no complaints !

Room Tip: continental breakfast does not open until 6 am , so if you have an early international flight you wi...