“Pretty Good”

Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Salem, Oregon
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Clean and modern and a good choice if you need to be close to BWI. Although not as nice as some of the Westins I have stayed in the BWI hotel is, as my title states, pretty good. Familiar Westin style and fairly typically comfortable beds and rooms. My particular rooms windows did not open (unfortunately not uncommon these days for hotels but worth noting for those of you who like to have a little fresh air). Work out facilitites were nice and even a running route to follow in the area. Shuttle service was prompt both arriving and leaving although texting and driving doesn't seem like a good policy for a major hotel chain.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank cclark72
WestinBWI, Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments! We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are truly sorry; none of our windows are designed to open. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the BWI area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This was my first time visiting Baltimore. The gentleman at the front desk was the kindest customer service professional of any hotel I've ever stayed at. Immediately, I could tell he was happy to assist guests as he was always smiling when talking to the guest he was with when I walked up to the desk. He was professional, and truly customized the check in process for me. Being as this was my first time in Baltimore, I inquired about some local attractions. Right away he lit up with excitement, and began asking me what my interests were. He made some recommendations close to the hotel, but I wanted to go to the harbor. He told me that the shuttles don't go to the harbor (slight negative about this hotel), but offered to make arrangements for me by car service or taxi. Every moment I spent with him truly was a pleasure and has been the highlight of my stay at this Westin. If you visit and happen to see Ryan at the front desk, you're in for a great stay. His name tag said that he was in training, which I teased him about, but I've stayed at MANY hotels along my career, and this was the first one I made time to write a review for! The beds are fantastic, and the rest of the service is overall standard to what you can expect of any other Westin.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
We are so pleased to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay, and are happy that you chose to stay at The Westin BWI on your first trip to Baltimore! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. It is through great feedback such as yours that we are able to take the guest experience to the next level. I will be sure that Ryan will be personally recognized for providing memorable service. We hope to welcome you back again to the Westin BWI during your next trip to the Baltimore area!
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the weekend and enjoyed the hotel. It is so convenient to get to the airport from here. The rooms are great especially the comfort of the beds, Unreal feeling really! The bar was nice the bartenders are just okay. The gym was clean and very substantial. The fragrance you smell as you walk in is so beautiful. The only downfalls were when we asked for our room to be cleaned and it looked like the only thing that was really cleaned and done was the bed. Also I forgot some things in the room when I checked out and when I realized the same day, I called and they said nothing was left but I am absolutely positive that I left it there so obviously someone took it. Other than making the mistake of leaving some things behind and not getting them back this hotel is great.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at The Westin. Our staff retrieves guest items from tablets, phones, to jewelry. We are truly sorry that we did not find the items that you were looking for. We hope to welcome you back in the near future for another memorable stay!
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

There is a beautiful and enchanting Indian wedding party here tonight but the lobby and restaurant are quiet & well staffed for other guests. The zen garden next to the meeting room is blooming and well maintained - nice for both the wedding and other guests. This place has the best Westin gym I have seen: large windows in a 2 story high room, lots of new equipment but still open feeling. Nice pool and jacuzzi next to gym. The Father OTB wished me sweet dreams- will do! ... My immaculate room with robe, mouthwash, q-tips, and other Westin amenities (so many hotels drop these amenities so they need to be recognized when they are available) and new decore is so quiet and comfy. I spent last night at the Sheraton Inner Harbor- beautiful view, but NOT as quiet and comfy as this Westin... Free parking too! My room rate ( AAA) was a deal that included breakfast and wifi at a much lower price than just the room Downtown. This is a worthwhile alternative to consider for more than just an airport hotel. For me, this is a great weekend escape place to restore and rest. Appreciate the extended Sunday healthy breakfast menu until 3 pm!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review! We are committed to providing our guests with an excellent customer service and accommodations and we appreciate your kind words. We hope you are able to visit us again soon!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We loved having Aster as our server in the Westin restaurant. She made our visit so pleasant and her customer service skills are superb. Great experience!
And - she treats people like she really wants to see them again - made us feel special and that is what excellent customer service is all about - remarkable!

• Stayed March 2014
We appreciate your review and are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I agree that the staff is what really makes the difference, and they take great pride in ensuring that every guest has the most memorable stay possible. I will ensure that Aster will be recognized for their outstanding service. We hope to welcome you back to The Westin BWI again!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Having Aster as a server in the restaurant will make you want to visit this location again and again. You will be provided with outstanding customer service by Aster. She goes above and beyond to offer an excellent dining experience. Aster treats all dining guests as if they are a guest in her own home. Again, thank you, Aster, I will return soon! And thank you, Westin, for hiring such a professional employee!

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. And thank for especially mentioning the service you received from Aster. It is always nice to hear we met your and our expectations. We hope you can visit again soon.
Antigo
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I have been staying here quite a few times. I spent Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and now Easter weekend having breakfast with Aster. She is the kindest, attentive server. She has made being a way from home for holidays not so bad. She remembers us and greets us with a smile and a hug. She is an asset to the hotel. Thank you Aster and Westin.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful comments! We love to hear from repeat customers and thank you for choosing The Westin BWI and spend your holidays with us. Aster is truly an asset to our team. Thank you again for your kind remarks. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!