“It was alright”

The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Quick recap - shuttle takes forever to pick you up at the airport, hotel is about a 5-10 min drive from the arrivals. The area you have to wait is also terrible, cars idling everywhere, no chairs, etc. Baltimore should fix that up.

Shuttle driver in the morning was awesome, he went out of his way to take us to the rental car building. Thanks again!

Room - it was pretty good, a bit of wear in the bathroom that should have been repaired. There is nothing around the hotel within walking distance which could be annoying if you wanted to walk somewhere.

Hotel is fine, I think this is a case of price between the Sheraton and the Westin, they are both right beside each other.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank wrldtvler
WestinBWI, Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

We are sorry to hear that your shuttle experience at TheWestin was not as expected. Your comments are appreciated and we do hope you are able to return again soon and enjoy all of your experience.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Spent only one night, and were given access to the club floor, but the club wasn't really that much value for the one night...never saw anyone in it, and most facilities were depleted when we got there. However, it is very accessible to the airport, and a good stop on the way from NYC to DC. Helpful staff, easy check-in online, good pool, and quiet rooms were valued. As well, using points for internet access saved the $12.50 charge (come on, hotels...start offering free internet, eh?)!

Room Tip: Service in the restaurant was "slowish" but staff helpful. If you are in a hurry, you nee...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Westin BWI is world class! After what seemed like an eternity in the car, the staff at the Westin put me at ease. From the front desk person who took my phone call advising of my late arrival to the associate who checked me in, the whole experience was top notch. I had a corner room on a high floor away from all noise. The room was pretty big, the bathroom was immaculate and the room was ready for my arrival. As an SPG Gold member, the hotel had no problem authorizing a 4pm check out, which was perfect due to my late arrival. I highly recommend this hotel and will certainly be staying there again myself.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Josh M
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I recently stayed at Westin BWI from September 18th through September 24th.
I had reserved my club level room in advance but upon arrival I was told there
was nothing available. I persisted and showed them my paid in advance reservations.
It took them some time but finally they were able to find a room. It seemed the
front desk person didn't have the skills needed to fix the problem. Room was good and what I had expected. First two days went just fine. Friday is when things went straight
downhill. I left my room for the day on Friday and when I came back that evening at
8:30pm it was just as I had left it in the morning. Bed unmade, used towels still not replaced, room not cleaned. I was exhausted and just wanted a quick shower and then lights out! I placed a call to housekeeping and I was told someone would be
right up. After waiting 30 minutes I went down to front desk and asked for towels and
a bottle of water. I also mentioned my room not being made up. They offered
to send someone up to make the bed but I told them there was no point this late. I went back up to my room and 15 minutes later the housekeeper knocked on my door
with fresh towels and told me she was eating when I called! She then proceeded to ask me to empty out the coffee maker for her and hand her the trash. She removed
the used towels and threw them on the cart with the clean linens! Ewww!!! Wish I hadn't seen that. The next morning there were dirty room service trays in the hall and
some strange furniture. It was like they moved things out of some rooms and just
left them in the hall. I expected they would be removed shortly. Not the case. They
were in the hall until Tuesday morning!! (Photos) The club level lounge was also
a mess. Dirty items left on tables and dirty dishes piled high. It was like all staff
went home for the weekend and didn't return until Tuesday. Crazy. Service was
so very bad. I mentioned all of this when I checked out and it was "oh well". "We had
a rough weekend and things got out of control" They offered me some extra points
but I declined. It was all handled very unprofessional. I don't know what was up
but the staff was not trained to handled whatever went down. This Westin is not
up to Westin standards.

Room Tip: I stayed in a club level room (7th floor) which offers you use of the club lounge. Nice for grabbing...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jean92064
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I just got off a redeye at 9:30 AM and was hoping to check in at the hotel early. I was greeted at the front desk by two smiling happy staff membrrs Zvanda and Jim. They were fast and efficient and friendly and after a redeye flight they were literally a sight for sore eyes. I'm in a great room in a comfortable bed.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Considering bang for the buck. Best deal for an airport hotel we've had. Clean, happy with bathroom fixtures working well. My wife and I liked the double shower head. The minor negatives were parking is rather distant, like most motels insufficient places to hang towels/clothes, rough toilet paper.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I checked in at this hotel and was assisted by Megan and Patricia Powell. They were so professional and are definitely an asset to the hotel. My room was perfect. A home away from home. I will refer this hotel to anyone staying in this area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo