The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Spring TX
“Very Nice”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Westin at BWI Airport is very modern and sleek. The rooms are nice and bathroom is very large with double headed shower. Beds are very comfortable. The curtains darken the room so well that I over slept and had to ask for a late check out. We did not eat at the hotel but from what I saw others eating, it looked delicious. We received a very good rate with our Island Rays membership. I highly recommend The Westin.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
WestinBWI, Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for your recent comments in Trip Advisor! Please keep in mind for your next visit. We look forward to having you join us on your next to the BWI area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Columbus, Ohio, USA
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

This is my second time staying at the property and both times I'm underwhelmed with the service aspect. Hotel itself is fine no major complaints. Free shuttle to airport is convenient. Problem is with service:

Last night when entire BWI shut down due to a lightning strike I booked with points on SPG app in my iPhone. Upon getting to the hotel I and about a dozen others had to wait for a long time as our reservations didn't show up in their computers despite having a confirmation #. I waited nearly 2hrs all the while wandering if thy were going to run out of room in front of me as masses of stranded travelers checked in. Lots of people had the same issue. Staff was apologetic enough but not proactive in handling the issue.

No upgrade was offered. Ok SPG gold. When I asked about comped Internet as due to the issues they finally said fine. However none was actually provided and when I tried to call the front desk later to inquire I spent 10min on hold and finally hung up frustrated.
Would prob not stay again

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Paramenace
Thank you for your recent comments in Trip Advisor! Please keep in mind for your next visit that we will do anything we are able to meet your expectations. Due to the bad weather we had system error that caused delay on our reservations to be uploaded in the hotel system. We appreciate your patience and understanding. We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.
Chester, Virginia, United States
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this hotel was excellent, from the location to the customer service. Expected there to be more late dining options in the area, there were none. But the restaurant in the hotel serves food until midnight! Very nice hotel, I highly recommend staying here after a football game. It's about a 30 minute drive down the Baltimore Washington parkway or you can take a car service there from FedEx field for a flat rate of $70.

• Stayed September 2013
We are very proud of our hotel and very much appreciate your comments. It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.
long island ny
Reviewed September 8, 2013

this was a business trip. I can't believe in this day and age they charge thirteen dollars a day for internet. Would not stay again. Price for hotel is way to high. Twenty minutes from inner harbour. Restaurant in hotel is very expensive

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We offer complimentary internet access in our Lobby and Restaurant area. Sorry for the inconvenience this caused you. Take care and thank you for staying with us.
Reviewed September 8, 2013

First time here are this hotel with my honey & we will be back. The welcome was great, the room was nice & clean. Bed was comfy & there was no noise. The front desk staff was very accommodating of our needs.

Room Tip: Don't forget those coupon codes....
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
On the road again
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Been here twice and as a Platinum member this time the stay was much better. It seems perhaps the GM has gotten control of the poor staff I experienced the last time I stayed there.

As a point of use for the GM the club needs and must have the friendliest most helpful type of person. People like me on the road 200 nights per year want a smiling face and no excuses help.
That makes us return to a hotel. Simple yet few GMs implement simplicity which is why they fail.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Fairburn, Georgia
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

The king bed in my room was most definitely "Heavenly". I felt like I was nestled in a cloud with a comforter on top.
The bathroom was very spacious with a good toilet seat (important to me) and double shower heads with good water pressure.
The pool opened very early in the morning which allowed me to swim early and go back to bed.
I don't know what that fruity water is called in the lobby but it was DELISH!!!
Great location and very close to the airport.

Cons:
I had a slight problem getting the room cool.
I had a late checkout and housekeeping kept knocking on the door about every 30 mins starting around 11am and I didn't check out until 6pm....pain in the you-know-what since I had just arrived at 12:30am.

Overall good stay and very well kept property.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AquaBaby M
JayquinBella, Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for kind comments. We strive to provide the very best service and amenities to our guests, even when you’re sleeping! Westin Heavenly mattress, uniquely designed with a plush, pillow-top construction for premium comfort and support and are indeed “heavenly".
I truly appreciate your feedback as comments such as the one’s you shared help us become a better hotel. I am in the process of personally addressing each issue to ensure that we can avoid these issues in the future.
We hope you visit us again in the future!