“Great getaway”

Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
New York City, New York
“Great getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at the Westin BWI on Old Elkridge Landing Road and we were very pleased with the accommodations. The heavenly bed is amazing. We visit the Baltimore area often, and the Westin ranks as one of the better establishments. The staff were wonderful and took great care of us. We were a little frayed around the edges from the trip, so it was nice to walk into a hotel that didn't smell of musty carpets and old furniture. We were checked in on Saturday, July 20 by a smiling, professional and courteous staff member - I only wish I'd gotten her name, because she was great. The hotel room was freshly cleaned, bright and best of all quiet. My husband was rested and chipper the next day. It worked for me - also a great place for a romantic getaway. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We once only here for 1 night and I'm here now and quite pissed off. 1. After resting up for a little we go to get in our truck I hit the automatic to start up the truck so I road down the windows I noticed a yellow jack then as my husband is trying to get away from the truck one stung him on his next and stung me on my leg. I jumped out the truck and noticed they were in my truck on the front of my truck l we had to take a chance on trying to to turn off the lights and get away from the truck. I called down to the concierge to see if the had alcohol Adrian was very nice on sending up salt to make a home remedy and alcohol pads. Now were very pissed off couldn't get nothing to eat except for snacks cause room service was a hour and half wait which is ridiculous the Westin needs to do some work here not up to Westin standards in my option so chips and soda dinner who wanted to wait so long for soup and tuna sandwich I have never seen anything like this and I called concierge so they can spray my truck tomorrow in the morning before getting on the road. Then got in the bed and there are some disgusting stains on the sheets I'm quite pissed off about this!

1 Thank pokerolls
Boonton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

The staff here was wonderful. Very friendly and extremely helpful, with the exception of one rude bouncer-type employee that was guarding some sort of VERY loud event going on in the ballroom area.

The public areas were clean, the pool and whirlpool were well maintained and the parking lot was well lit.

The little things that made this place annoying were: 1) The parking lot is sprawling and the hotel entrances are not easily accessible from it. 2) Our HVAC unit in our room didn't work at all the first night, but they did fix it the next day. 3) On weekends, the hotel seems to play host to some extremely loud parties and events in the ballroom areas. The lobby and room corridors were filled with VERY loud people well into the night. These events also caused the parking lot to fill completely, which meant having to drive around for 20 minutes to find a parking space.

When we brought these concerns up to the front desk, they did offer us complimentary breakfast the next morning, which was very nice of them and they did sincerely apologize for the trouble.

I would stay here again, but don't count on a quiet, relaxing stay if you come here on the weekend.

1 Thank Jason H
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

My stay at the Westin-BWI was a very good one. The rooms were clean, spacious, and bright. The heavenly bed and bath were heavenly. The staff worked hard and focused on getting things done. Jasmine, at the front desk, greeted me with a smile and got me checked-in right away for my 6 day stay. Melvin did an outstanding job each morning cooking breakfast. Edwin and Dontelle really took care of us while we were dining at the restaurant. The hotel was very busy during the 4th of July but the staff made us feel like we were their only guests. Management has done a solid job with the staff and the day-to-day operations at the hotel. Everyone we encountered took the time to make sure that we were well taken care of. Staff remembered our names which is why we remembered theirs. They made us feel at home and always provided a positive and comfortable environment. (Jasmine loaned me an umbrella when it was pouring rain one afternoon and Jim actually stepped out from behind the counter, shook my hand and wished me a pleasant journey home when I checked-out.) Talk about dedication and service to the customer... My sincere appreciation to all of you. Thank you for a job well done.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the elevators, it can be a long walk from the corners of the hotel.