“Surprisingly fantastic rooms and food !”

The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
“Surprisingly fantastic rooms and food !”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here for one night as a stopover on a long drive. We were looking forward to the heavenly beds, high quality bed linens, above average bathroom and a good nights sleep. We got all of that with the added bonus of an incredibly gourmet dinner in a relaxing and upscale setting. We are semi-foodies and we were shocked at the quality of the food and the varied menu. I had the grilled Caesar which was amazing in both flavor and presentation! I also had the lump crab cakes with sautéed spinach and lemon aioli. They far surpassed my expectations!!! They were fresh, handmade and cooked perfectly. Also a great presentation! My husband had the Old Bay wings and caprese salad - also fantastic.!!! Kids menu was also terrific !! We will definitely stay here again and plan to fine as well!!!

• Stayed April 2013
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments about your stay at Westin BWI. You experienced the Westin brand at its best. The Heavenly Bed and Heavenly Shower, as you can attest, are as wonderful as advertised. As well the food offerings in Luminous, the hotel’s award winning restaurant, are both trendy and tasty. We appreciate you staying with us and truly hope that you will return in the future to again experience the rejuvenating affects of Westin BWI.

Be well,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Attended a number of corporate conferences here, and the Westin is probably the nicest hotel in the BWI hotel corridor. Great facilities, staff, and the food was excellent. Never a problem. Its still pretty new too, in great condition, and tucked back away from the road to give it a more "got away from work" feel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of the rejuvenating Westin BWI. We appreciate the nice comments as we try to make every guest’s stay memorable. Our secluded location ensures that you don’t feel as if you’re at an airport hotel but rather a quiet, comfortable hid-away from the rigors of everyday life. At Westin we value your well-being and here we do our best to live up to the promise of a comfortable, restful stay, whether you are staying for business or pleasure. Thank you for your patronage and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Baltimore/BWI area.

Valdosta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed one night prior to a 6-month deployment to Afghanistan. The staff was extremely helpful all around. My flight the next day did not depart until very late in the evening and the staff coordinated for a very late checkout (4:00 PM). Also, I was trying to finish up a few things before I left requiring me to print, sign, scan and email some documents home. Adrian Adkins at the desk was very accommodating and courteous in helping me get that done. Also, the shuttle service was great. They will take you anywhere nearby and pick you up. I got dinner and a movie the first night and then the next afternoon, Bill Rush, the driver, recommended both a barber and restaurant and dropped me off and picked me up. This was a fantastic experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
First, thank you for your service to our country. We’re proud to have service men such as you ensuring our safety and our way of life. Next, we appreciate you personally mentioning some of the outstanding service providers at the front desk and in our transportation department. It will be my pleasure to personally thank Adrian and Bill for their service to you. I don’t need to say anything more than you did about our accommodating associates and the service we provide here at the rejuvenating Westin BWI. It is our goal to provide a personalized experience that creates pleasant memories and builds loyalty. Thank you again for your service to our country and your patronage of Westin. Godspeed and we will see you upon your return.

Columbus
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at The Westin at BWI weekly for over 10 months and the staff was exceptional. Malkia Williams and Fran keep the Club Lounge immaculate and make visitors feel appreciated. Front desk staff is very friendly and always remember to include a personal touch. Appearance and cleanliness of the hotel and rooms are immaculate.

Room Tip: Rooms with the King beds, corner rooms have the best views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
tx
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Wonderful hotel! The service was amazing. I called the front desk and asked if I could come down and pick up more sweetener for my coffee and before I knew it there was a knock on the door. It's only about 10 minutes to departures at BWI but the surrounding woods give it the feeling of a country get away. We arrived late our first night and ate at the hotel - the crab cakes were fantastic - they rivaled any of the (many) crab cakes we ate during our visit. I would definitely stay here again.

We also ate at Timbuktu (get the crab cakes) and the adorable Elkridge Furnace Inn and enjoyed them.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel in last 2 years, every week that I traveled to Baltimore. The management staff was extremely friendly, made me feel like home every single time. Everyone on the staff knew my personal preference and choices, towards the end of my weekly 2 year stay, i felt bad that my project was getting over and would miss all of them. Got great service from Fran in the evening at the members club lounge and always got accommodated to get my preferences for an excellent vegetarian meal during my stay. The manager, Patricia took care of my needs and always made me feel comfortable. Thank you all and will return soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The management and staff at the Westin BWI keep me interested in staying at the BWI Westin. I have stayed at this property at least 5 times and I truly have not had any complaints. The restaurant staffs is always attentive, professional and treat customers like family. I must however make a special recommendation on the "chicken wings" at the luminous restaurant on sight. I am a wing fanatic and I can honestly relay to you it is amongst my top 3 in Washington DC metropolitan area. I am also extremely thankful of the breakfast display and service. This place is a real getaway and it is relaxing. Bottom line: BWI Westin, has great staff, great service, it is in a great location and it is extremely relaxing. I look forward to my next stay. I highly recommend a good night stay at this property. Special thanks to Ms. Patricia Powell who is always available to assist when there is a need. As a platinum member service is key and this hotel rocks!!!!!!

Room Tip: I have stayed in several room and have been extremely satisfied. Room are clean and the standard at...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo