“Westin a great place to Stay when at BWI”

The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Baltimore, Maryland
“Westin a great place to Stay when at BWI”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Great hotel that has a fantastic staff. The professional team gets it and insures a quality stay. I travel every week and have spent extended stays at the Westin - always a first class accomodation. An exceptional staff to include: Jasmine, Octavia, Patricia, Jim, Aster and Lena. I have been stuck in major snow storms in Baltimore and the Westin team went out of their way to accomodate my needs. Food is great and the business lounge is spot on. A great experience.

Room Tip: Shoot for the 7th floor - but any floor will do.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of the instinctive Westin BWI. I truly appreciate you acknowledging the professional, accommodating staff at the hotel. The team members you mentioned work through out the building from the Front Desk to Luminous, the hotel’s award winning restaurant. It will be my pleasure to personally thank each one of them for a job well done. Thank you for your patronage of the restful Westin BWI and it would be our pleasure to again serve as your host when you return to the Baltimore/BWI area.

Fletcher Mayes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I travel a lot for work and has been in the BWI areas for past two years. I was a big time Marriott but I was kind of upset with the quality of Marriott hotels in the area and wanted to try out Westin. Ever since my first stay at Westin - BWI I fell in love with it and has decided to switch to SPG immediately. I have been staying at Westin, BWI for over a year and half now with at least two to three stays a month of 3 nights or more. I really love their fitness center and the Lumens restaurant. Above all the hospitality and the care the staff take of their guests at this location is excellent. The staff, including Octavia, Jim, Jasmine, Patricia, Anthony and many others really go above and beyond serving their guests making their stay really pleasant and comfortable.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice but higher floors and the corner suits are the best
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your experiences at the rejuvenating Westin BWI. I’m so glad you’ve had the opportunity to return on many occasions to be treated to the instinctive, personal amenities that make each stay memorable in its own right. We are fortunate to have a cadre of professional, accommodating associates that take pride in exceeding our guests’ expectations. Also thank you for recognizing the difference in Westin and for being a loyal Starwood Preferred Guest member. We appreciate you calling Westin BWI home during your travels and we look forward to your return.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I do a lot of traveling for my work and, hands-down, the BWI Westin is THE best refuge I've found. Sure, it's a clean and "cool" ambiance (what you'd expect from a Westin) with exceptional beds and shower-heads, but for me what sets it apart are the staff (warm, professional, on-top-of-their-game), their responsive and friendly shuttle service (preventing me from having to hassle with a car to get to work or nearby restaurant or shop) and their exceptional breakfast buffet spread and coffee (so I'm "good to go" in the morning). All those features count for a lot when you're away from home turf.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of the restful Westin BWI. We do pride ourselves on providing a personal, renewing experience that our guests consider their oasis in the airport area. Yes, the Heavenly Bed and Heavenly Shower are well … heavenly. I’m also glad you had the opportunity to sample our breakfast buffet featuring “Super Foods” like berries and fresh cut fruit. It will be my pleasure to pass on your kind words to our flexible staff as our goal is always to provide a memorable stay. Thank you again for your patronage of Starwood Hotels and especially of Westin BWI. We would love to again serve as your refuge when your travels bring you back to the Baltimore/BWI area.

Yulee, Florida, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I am an airline employee who stays at many different hotels all over the US. We often overnight at BWI and use several hotels near the airport. By far the best one is the Westin. The facilities, room comfort, and staff are all some of the best I have seen. The room was quiet and the bed comfortable resulting in a great nights sleep. Made some yummy in room coffee (Starbucks) to get me going in the morning, then went to the fitness room for a nice workout. I challenge you to find a better fitness room in a hotel. After a nice hot shower, went down for lunch. Had the grilled salmon over spinach; outstanding. The wait staff is very attentive. Aster in paticular went out of her way to accommodate my dessert desires even though it was not on the lunch menu. Van service also was right there the night before to pick us up at airport. Overall; A plus.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay at the Westin BWI. I am truly honored by your positive feedback given that you are a fellow service industry employee. It is our goal at Westin BWI to provide our guest with personal, instinctive and comfortable accommodations. With that I am glad that we exceeded your expectations. Our staff was thrilled when I shared your survey, and I personally thanked Aster for taking care of your request. Thank you again, and I’m hoping that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the hotel on your next visit to Baltimore area.

Hanover, New Hampshire
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I had to travel down to Baltimore for an afternoon business meeting, so instead of turning right around after the meeting and driving home, I decided to spend the night at the Westin BWI and drive back the next morning. As a member of the SPG loyalty program, I received free WiFi in my room and a complimentary newspaper in the morning.

This Westin caters, obviously, to the business traveler and does it well. Many flight crews are lodged here on a regular basis. I found the hotel to be quiet and comfortable, and their "heavenly" beds are very comfortable, indeed. You don't have to be concerned at all about airplane noise in the hotel.

This Westin offers workout clothes and shoes for those who want to make use of the very large, well-equipped fitness center. They also offer an in-room spa service, where a masseur/masseuse will come to your room for a massage. I was not able to make use of this service in my short stay, but I thought it was a service above and beyond most hotels of equal calibre.

Room Tip: I reserved a room on the 7th floor, the Executive Club floor. The bedroom and bathroom are spacious...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at the Westin BWI. The amenities we provide are specifically geared toward creating a relaxing, renewing ambiance where you can escape from the hustle and bustle of your hectic schedule. We also invite our guest to participate in “unwind”, a Westin ritual, Monday – Thursday in our lobby in the evening. During “unwind” you can enjoy complimentary Hors d'oeuvres and nightly drink specials. Again, thank you for your continued patronage of Starwood Hotels and especially of Westin BWI. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and hope to see you again soon.

NYC
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed here for one night after arriving late at BWI. The hotel is brand-new and very well-appointed. The beds are indeed "heavenly" and the bathroom was very spacious. I was upgraded to the Club Level and enjoyed the hearty hot breakfast that was offered. The hotel staff was excellent and very attentive. Best choice in the area.

Room Tip: Club Level delivers value.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing the wonderful experience you had while staying with us at the relaxing Westin BWI. We truly take pride in our products and services. By the way, I do appreciate the comment about the hotel being new but we’ve been serving the BWI area since November 2007. Also, I’m glad you had the opportunity to experience our beds and you can tell why they are aptly named the Westin “Heavenly Bed”. Thank you again for your business, we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Baltimore area.

Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was clean. The room was spacious and comfortable. The front desk and shuttle staff were kind and cordial. Ample and well lit parking. Will use for my BWI travel in the future. Hotel large enough that you don't feel overshadowed by events booked there.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to share your some comments about your recent stay with us here at the refreshing Westin BWI. We truly appreciate the compliments. I have shared your comments with our staff and they were thrilled to hear the great feedback. Thank you again for choosing our hotel while traveling in the Baltimore area and we hope to see you again soon at relaxing the Westin BWI.