“Nice Place to Stay if in Area” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
New York
“Nice Place to Stay if in Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

Nice hotel, rooms comfortable, nice linens and beds. Large bathroom. Room smelled like Lavender which was nice when you walked in. Nice lobby, friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

I arrived Sunday evening around 8 after driving 3 hours. Although I was assured my company made a reservation for me, the front desk had no record. The front desk clerk seemed annoyed. I felt not welcome. After about 10 minutes after my arrival he processed me seemingly reluctantly as a walk in. I carried y bags to my room only to have the key card not work. I went back to the front desk to get a new card. I arrived in my room at 835. I decided to order dinner. There was a menu but no where was a list of phone numbers. I called the front desk only be rudely told, to dial the service assistant. I had no idea as this wasn't listed on any instruction anywhere in the room. I ordered dinner and was told it wil arrive in 30 minutes. An hour later dinner arrived. The delivery person asked if my phone was not working as they tried to call me to tell me the dessert I ordered was not available. I told her I never left the room. I settled down to eat only to remove the plate cover to find I was sent the wrong meal. I called the service assistant and was asked If I wanted a replacement. I refused as I had already waited an hour. I asked for a credit on my bill which I did receive. Later I went to shower only to find black hairs on the shower walls. I checked out Monday morning only to return Tuesday for a business meeting (my company uses this hotel a lot). There was a black hair in my bed and my room was not serviced Wednesday morning. Formulate your own opinion.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Traveler0130
New City, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Our room was clean and comfortable. They get top scores in that area. I did feel, however, that the staff fell short.

We arrived at the hotel shortly after 6 PM on a Friday evening. Even though we had paid in advance for two nights in a room with 2 double beds, we were told all they had left were rooms with a single king bed. That was unacceptable for 2 adults and 2 children. At first, they offered a rollway bed, only to then tell us they were out of those too. We were resigned to having to set the kids up on the floor. Only later did we find out from another family in our group that they had begun assigning rooms in a section of the 5th floor they were not planning to use. Suddenly, there were plenty of rooms with double beds available. In other words, we were lied to at check-in. Luckily, we managed to get one of these rooms.

Two days in a row, the pool ran out of towels. We never used the restaurant ourselves, but several families in our group mentioned long waits for breakfast or room service because only one person was on duty. To be fair, we were there during Memorial Day weekend. So, perhaps more than the usual number of people were off. However, the hotel knew they were hosting teams for a soccer tournament and guests for a wedding. They knew it would be a busy weekend and should have had enough staff on hand.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GlobeTrotter186
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Went to the club and the attendant was sitting on her butt playing with a smart device. Despite the fact club had almost 40 minutes to go asked when the picked over eggs and food would be replaced and was told not going to happen. Said I would tell the GM and she said who cares. My last stay here ever. Westin has got a problem with some of their hotels and they better get out and start shopping the brand or they will see it ruined.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Voncueball
San Diego CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

A very nice property, well appointed and friendly. It still looks and feels new. Both the inside and outside areas are very nice. It is just far enough from "civilization" to have a countryside feel with
Iots of trees and green (at least this time of year!). I was greeted by manager in the public area and asked about my stay. Very nice. Platinum friendly. The shuttle was convenient. I have stayed at the airport on site Sheraton before for the perceived convenience but this is FAR better. I will stay again.

Room Tip: High floor. Better views of trees and countryside
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank United858
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

A earful hotel. With very clean rooms and a great gym.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Protraveler5
Roswell, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed here on business for 2 nights the last weekend in April. It’s about a 10 minute drive to the airport and Arundel Mills Shopping Center. It was clean and the staff was professional. I stayed in a room on the 6th floor with a king bed, which I prefer to do when traveling alone. The bathroom is a good size and looked very clean. The linens looked clean as well. The hotel/rooms look just as they do online. The parking lot gets crowded at night. The service/ hotel is typical 3.5 star Starwood hotel--- no WOW factor.

There is an onsite restaurant with good food ( you should try the cream of crab soup). I attempted to order room service on my first night and was told I’d have to wait about 40 minutes (for 3 cookies and a scoop of ice cream—no thank you. I didn’t need the extra calories anyway, LOL).

The hotel is located in the “hotel district” and there really isn’t much do in the area unless you decide to venture out to Baltimore or Washington DC which are each at least 35 minutes away from the hotel and each in opposite direction of the other. I lived in Baltimore County for 5 years about 10 yrs ago and other than The Inner Harbor, the city itself doesn’t have much to offer.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NP522
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Westin BWI! I appreciate the detail and cantor of your comments about the hotel and its services. Our goal is to live up to the Westin brand standard and exceed our guest’s expectation. The rooms do feature the trademarked Heavenly Bed and Heavenly Shower, as well as a themed restaurant, Luminous, which you experienced (I also enjoy the crab soup). We’ll need to work on the “Wow” factor as well as the speed at which we can deliver In Room Dining to our guests. As you noted, we are BWI’s hotel district, but the Inner Harbor is literally 15 minutes away. The convenience of our location and amenities such as free parking, make the Westin the venue of choice for many that want to be close but not in Baltimore. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to your return to the Westin BWI when your travels bring you back to the BWI/Baltimore area.

Be well,