“New Years Eve”

Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Maryland
“New Years Eve”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2008

My husband and I planned a night away from the kids on New Years Eve and booked a room at the Westin. The reason I chose this hotel is because I had stayed in one before in Dallas and was really impressed with the place.
We didn't care about all of the NYE parties going on in downtown hotels so we opted for one out of the city for a cheaper price.
The hotel is only a month old and everything was brand new and clean. The room was beautifully decorated except for the chair made for minature people. lol I sat in the chair and had my husband take a picture of me just because it was so comical. To me atleast. The rest of the furniture in the room was so large and the chair was so uncomfy and out of place. In the scheme of things, chairs aren't really important I suppose.
The Heavenly mattress was infact Heavenly. The pillows and comforter were cloud like. I wanted to smuggle them in my suitcase and take them home with me. That would be wrong, right? Don't worry, I didn't.
The bathroom was very large with a nice tub and a double headed shower. Again I think the shower was made for a minature person because the heads were way too low. I felt like I had to duck to get underneath. Basically a nice place with some minor flaws. Something like a short showerhead wouldn't keep me from staying there again.
It was really strange though because I think we were the only people staying in this hotel. The only other people we saw were the front desk people. They had a beautiful restaurant bar yet it was totally empty...not even a bartender in sight. Maybe because the hotel is really new and just not busy yet or possibly due to the holiday and lack of business travelers.
All and all we enjoyed our stay and will do it again the next time we need a break from our kids.
I have pictures to share soon.

• Liked — The comfortable room. I almost forgot I was in a hotel as I laid in bed watching the plasma tv.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank Augusttravels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)