“Westin Hotel-Baltimore/Washington Airport-Best Hotel IN AREA!”

The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I stayed at the Westin BWI for a 3 days the weekend of November 4-6, 2011. I have been traveling to this area for the last 3 years and have stayed in many BWI area hotels. This is the best hotel of the lot.
Rooms were luxurious with floor to ceiling windows instead of an east facing wall. Beds/linens very comfortable and of high quality.
Grounds and gardens beautiful with an especially pretty courtyard.
Gym was large, many excersise options, open space and windows and had a view of the fall colors in wooded area surrounding hotel.
The weekend that I stayed , there were three wedding receptions taking place simultaneously, yet staff remained collected, calm and still provided great service to all.
On Sunday am, toward the end of the very busy brunch crowd produced by the three weddings, the staff clearly had their hands full. Yet, when I arrived for brunch I was greeted with a smile and was served a wonderful and well-priced meal. The chef [well at least he was wearing a chef's hat!] on Sunday am around 10:30 was Rashad. That man deserves a raise. He was racing around prepping food [great omelet Rashad], making sure ppl were seated promptly, clearing tables,and had a big smile on his face the whole time. He was working double speed to keep ppl happy and he did!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank bleableminnesota
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2011

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Westin Baltimore Washington Airport – BWI. We appreciate your enthusiasm for our hotel and your patience with us during a very busy weekend. Your observation about the activity created by the wedding parties was correct but it also makes for a fun, lively environment. It will also be my pleasure to pass on your compliments to Rashad (and he does make tasty omeletes) for his efforts. He is a true professional and a fine addition to our culinary team. Associates like him make the difference with Westin, your airport retreat. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the BWI area!

Reviewed November 21, 2011

I really like the Westin BWI and will stay here every time I am in the area. I used the shuttle service a couple of times and they were always very attentive.

I found my room to be very comfortable and the executive lounge was great for breakfast and evening snacks. I did eat in the lobby restaurant one night and it was good. The pool and hot tub were very well maintained and the gym was everything you would expect from a Westin. I had a room on the top floor facing the Sheraton and airport so I was able to see planes take-off and land, but I never once noticed any noise. Something else I like about this hotel is the grounds, they are very well maintained and it was nice to sit outside and talk on the phone on a nice fall night.

A few things: I have read this from another post, the cordless phone did not work and speakerphone was the only option if you wanted to use the house phone. Also, the safe in my room was non-functional. Housekeeping did not clean my room on the first night of my stay but I excused that because I actually extended my stay beyond the first night.

Overall, I was very pleased and will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Shaski

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI. We appreciate your business and your positive review. We apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay with our phone system and safe not working in your room. Our engineering department will be looking into each of the guest rooms for these things. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed November 20, 2011

I really enjoyed this hotel. The staff was great at taking care of my bags, scheduling a shuttle for the airport, and any other things I may have required.
I also liked the staff behind the bar. They were incredibly friendly and provided excellent service. I will always use this hotel for future trips into the Balitmore area.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank thechibiknight
fmayes, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Baltimore Washington Airport – BWI. We value and appreciate your business as well as your positive review. We are fortunate to have a wonderful, accommodating staff, especially those that work at award winning restaurant and bar, Luminous. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next trip to Baltimore!

Reviewed November 8, 2011

My wife and I were attending a wedding at the hotel and stayed the one night. I was extremely disappointed that the a/c did not work in the room, after 2 requests they put a fan in the room. The two telephones in the room did not work; we could only use the speaker function of it to call the front desk to complain about the a/c issue. The edges of the some of the towels were frayed and had threads hanging of. I'm not sure what the housekeeping standards are for Westin, but the carpet edges against the walls of the whole room had a grey dust line/also in the hotel corridors. It is apparent that the room had not been vacuumed properly, their housekeeping vacuum the room but not the edges. Not what I expected from a Starwood property.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank RoyalHarryP
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel 3 or 4 times now for business, and I've had a flawless experience every single time. The lobby is beautiful, the staff are incredibly helpful, the rooms are well decorated, and I am a big fan of Westin's "heavenly bed" and "heavenly bath" experiences. It's near the airport, and has a great shuttle that will take you back and forth. It's also relatively close to downtown. This is also right near one of the best crab cake restaurants in Baltimore, G&M. I stay at a lot of business hotels for work and these guys really have it figured out. Kudos! The only downside is that it's a little hard to find, on a back road behind the airport.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ehilgeman
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 2 days! Everything was great! The only issue I had was with the restaurant. I wanted to order room service and just wanted to come down and get it. Well, I call the front desk and was told I'd have to order in the restaurant. I then went to the restaurant and was looked at strangly when I requested to order something. Basically, if you want something from the "room service menu" you must let them deliver it and pay the extra 20% in gratuity. I work for a large company who gives them plenty of business. I just figured they would accommodate. Other than that, everything was nice. By the way they have a dual shower head, it's AMAZING!!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent!!