The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$102
Staybridge.com
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport(Linthicum Heights)
$147
$109
$98
$108
$99
Holiday Inn BWI Airport(Linthicum Heights)(Great Value!)
$93
HolidayInn.com
BWI Airport Marriott(Linthicum Heights)
$150
$129
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskroom serviceclub floorstarbucks coffeeinner harborbaltimore washington airportvery nice hotelnice amenitiesbusiness travelerrestaurant staffworkout roomthe executive loungecamden yardsomeletfitness centercrab cakeslate check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I stayed here on June 26th overnighting between Europe and the Caribbean. When I checked in the young man at the front desk asked if I wanted a wake up call, I agreed and he asked if I wanted a follow up call, again yes. Went to my room, fell asleep due to a full day of travel from Europe. I awoke 40 minutes AFTER the designated wake up call time!!!! They had never logged or placed a wakeup call to me. In a panic I threw everything together & raced downstairs. At this point one could say it had been a marginally unprofessional experience but the girl I encountered at the front desk: Soya Stewart was someone I would not wish on any traveler. No apology, in fact she was beligerent. The internet had not worked the night before & I asked (while waiting for the next shuttle to airport) for an adjustment. She said I would get it automatically since the whole wifi system was down. I am an experienced traveler & know to get things in writing. She refused. Her excuse? She said she did not have a paper or pen. I gave her MY paper and pencil and commented on her attitude to which she replied "Now I am really going to make you wait". What? Front desk no writing utensils? Threatening to make me wait and miss the shuttle? I asked for a copy of the bill and she said it had been placed under the door. Hmmm, mighta missed THAT when I was tearing out of my room almost an hour late for my airport check in. I asked for another copy & she refused. She and another back office employee (presumably night audit) snickered while she did her best to make the check out take as long as possible. Upon returning home I called and left 2 voice messages for the GM "Felix". He never returned my calls so you can start to put together a picture of the management oversight here. Of course no one ever did credit me for the internet. I disputed with AMEX, and because I am a Platinum card holder they just took it off. Long story short, I have been in hospitality all my life. Soya Stewart should be sent to charm school and GM Felix should be reassigned to a truck stop motel. (OK maybe thats unfair, I don't want to disrespect truck stop motel managers because thery probably do a better job). Will send along comments to corporate & maybe future guests will have better luck.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
8  Thank tkduffy
Reviewed September 1, 2011

On a business trip where everything went wrong - from canceled trains due to a hurricane and canceled hotel reservations, etc. - the staff and management at the Westin were great. They worked through every mistake and mix up and really made my stay pleasant and enjoyable. I can't even express how grateful I was for everything they did for me. Also, Trevor from St. Lucia, one of the hotel bartenders was a real highlight! He surprised me with wine, cocktail, and even dinner choices, and everything that he chose for me was absolutely delicious.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stayed here for a week whilst conducting a training course nearby. Nice location - edge of rural area, and close to freeways and airport.
Room is spacious and well equipped, temp control very good, and bed very comfortable.
Hotel generally very luxurious and comfortable.
Good spacious bathroom, but was given a disabled room - so shower flooded the bathroom floor every day......
Internet - expensive, but maintenance man very helpful to solve connection problems.
Food - Room service good but expensive, breakfasts good, but I felt the restaurant food was uninspired.
Needs a few tweaks in the right areas to make it excellent.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
agmwestinbwi, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2011

Thank you for choosing to stay with the Westin Baltimore Washington Airport –BWI. We appreciate your business and your enthusiasm regarding the hotel! We apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced. We are coming out with a new dinner menu for Luminous Restaurant in the next few weeks. We hope the new menu will excite you when you come back and stay with us the next time you are in the BWI area.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

I stay here a few times a month. I generally find the staff pleasant, and willing to honor requests for high floor room. I had issues with the breakfast service, but they have since cleaned that up. Overall, if you need to do business near BWI and don't want to go to Baltimore, I would would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
agmwestinbwi, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2011

Thank you for choosing to stay with the Westin Baltimore Washington Airport – BWI. We appreciate your continuous loyalty to Westin and our hotel. We hope to exceed your expectations in future visits and look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to BWI.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

I stayed here between the 1st and 3rd July, en route Louisville, coming in from Jersey City via Amtrak. A bit out of the way, but a nice hotel, all told. Did not spend too much time on the facility. Not much by way of luxury.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
agmwestinbwi, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Baltimore Washington Airport – BWI. We appreciate your business and your review. We hope that next time you stay with us, you will be able to enjoy some of our amenities and dine in our restaurant, Luminous.