“Really enjoy this hotel.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI

The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Greenville, South Carolina
“Really enjoy this hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel at least 80 total nights over the last 4 years. Very clean, best workout facility I have seen in a chain hotel. Wonderful beds. Fantastic for business travel, or if you are looking for a place to stay going in or out of BWI.

1 Thank scott1donaldson
agmwestinbwi, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Westin Baltimore Washington Airport – BWI. We appreciate your continued loyalty to the hotel and our property. Our Heavenly Beds by Westin allows our guests to enjoy a good nights sleep leaving them more relaxed and refreshed from when they stepped into the Westin. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in BWI area!
Felix Maina, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Kailua, Hawaii
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

Not at all what I expect from a Westin. Perhaps I'm jaded because of the experience I had at the Westin Beijing. I chose to stay here and even upgraded to the club level based on previous Westin experiences and am totally disappointed. I called downstairs to inquire about the key to the stocked refrigerator because in the room description it states there is one and the hotel operator apparently inferred I only wanted the key to put stuff in there when I expressly asked ""is it stocked" and she said yes...sent up the key an hour later for an empty fridge. I flew in late and was starving. I went down to the front desk to get a snack in the sundry room and there was only one person there on the phone who ignored me and then got off the phone only to wait on someone checking in. I was so mad I called down and asked by only a key was sent up and was told "oh I thought you just wanted to use it to put stuff in? Had I known it wasn’t stocked I would have called room service. I told her this and of course she asked "well, do you want to order room service? On principle I'm going to bed hungry because I'm not going to overpay for a sandwich....especially for a hotel that advertised as a luxury hotel.
Also, when I upgraded before to a club level in other Westins, the executive club never charged for wine or liquor. This place did. The food that is offered to people who upgrade is the exact same quality that of which you would find at a Best Western. The hotel is small and is ok for "express" or two/three star standards but by no means is a luxury hotel.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Baltimore Washington Airport – BWI. We appreciate your review and sharing with us your experience. While we strive for perfection, your review has opened our eyes to the service that you received. We apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to earn your business in the future.
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

To Whom It May Concern:

I attended a two day Northrop-Grumman training session this past Thursday and Friday 7/14-15/2011 at your Westin-BWI Hotel. My highest compliments as to the graciousness and personal support provided by your employee Estela Rivas. As I am on crutches she was kind enough to offer her personal support in getting my breakfast, lunch, and snacks from the buffet and any other support I needed during the sessions on both days. I regret not tipping her but felt that she would feel it awkward in my "paying" for the sincerity of her kindness. I therefore decided that making her superiors aware of her efforts might reward her in a more lasting and satisfying way. Her style and earnestness in making a guest such as I welcome is the kind of employee you want to represent your company and the kind of employee awareness and behavior that should be used as an example in your employee training.

I will also say that I found your other employees at BWI to be quite friendly and very accommodating as well. Your maitre de of the restaurant (a bald-headed gentleman with an accent was also kind enough to look up a forgotten restaurant receipt for me but his name I did not ask). However, Estela went that much further that I needed to tell someone about her. This is the second time I have stayed at this facility on business and I have found it very comfortable (especially the beds) and have enjoyed both my visits.

Again please give Estela my compliments and appreciation and I hope you reward her in a manner commensurate with her efforts as a representative of your hotel.

Christopher O. Grandle, Sr. Engr.
Northrop-Grumman - Maritime Systems Division
Charlottesville, VA

1 Thank Seaking14
Dear Mr. Grandle,
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Baltimore Washington Airport – BWI on your recent business trip. We appreciate Northrop-Grumman’s business and look forward to hosting more business activities. We appreciate your sincere review based on your experience and the customer service that you received from Estela in our Banquet Department. We have shared your review with her Supervisor and the Director of Food & Beverage; we agree that Estela is a true asset to our team! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.
Gettysburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

This was pure bliss. From the moment you go in the doors there is a soothing ambiance and the gracious staff is used to taking care of weary travelers (as well as catering to a lot of weddings and events). Our room was extremely comfortable and clean. And we had a great dinner at the restaurant. We picked this hotel because of the "Park & Ride" service and they were great. Prompt shuttle and really nice, helpful drivers. We have already recommended this to several others who are flying out of Baltimore. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sundans
agmwestinbwi, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Thank you for choosing the Westin Baltimore Washington Airport for our “Park & Ride” feature. We appreciate you staying with us and writing the generous review about your experience! We thank you for sharing your experience with others and recommending us. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

I have nothing negative to say about the hotel. Our room was fantastic, hotel has 4 star amenities. All of the staff we encountered went above and beyond to ensure that our stay was fantastic. When we are back in the BWI area I will stay there again without a doubt!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Orlando_Fam
Thank you for staying with the Westin Baltimore Washington Airport – BWI on your recent trip. Our Associates strive to make sure that each guest encounter is personal and that you leave more relaxed than when you came in. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the BWI area!

Miami, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

I recently stayed at the BWI Westin for a business trip and like the Hotel itself and the rooms. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, but that is neither here nor there. I arrived at night from business in DC to spend two days at this hotel. The Lobby is nice and well kept. The front desk service is classic Westin: Friendly, Welcoming, and Attentive. I was given my room key and went upstairs to unpack. No surprises here. The room was clean and the bed was "heavenly."

The onsite restaurant called "Luminous" on the other hand, was the complete opposite. The first night I arrived I waited to be seated and no one came to help. I asked the Bartender about it and she gave me attitude like I was bothering her by asking her for assistance. When I finally did get a table, my waitress walked away to get the drink menu, and didn't come back for several minutes. She just started waiting on her other tables and left me sitting there. Needless to say after a few minutes I got up and took a cab to the Marriott up the street to have dinner and drinks instead.

The breakfast the next morning was more of the same. I stood in line to have an omelet and the cook had a few going so I patiently waited my turn. While I was standing there a few other people came, and although I was already standing there, he took there order instead. This is a big deal when the omelets take about 5 minutes each and you have appointments to get to. When I told him to make sure that I was next and not to take anyone ELSE before me, he just smiled and kept doing his cooking. I again told him to make sure I was next and he basically ignored me this time as well. When I finally heard him speak to SOMEONE ELSE, I realized that he barely spoke English, which is still no excuse for lack of common courtesy. After I finally received and ate my breakfast, I wished I hadn't. The omelet was extremely greasy and all the pastries they put out were bland and stale. I try to always stay at Starwood properties and this breakfast buffet definitely fell VERY short of their usually high standards. I did not make the mistake of trying to have dinner there again that night, and the next day I went to a nearby Starbucks for breakfast.

If you have to stay in this part of MD for business, then I would recommend this hotel. Just get your food somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
agmwestinbwi, General Manager at The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Westin Baltimore Washington Airport – BWI. It is refreshing to hear you comment on the hotel and that everything is what you expected. We apologize for not meeting your expectations during your recent dining experience at Luminous Restaurant. The Westin values the honest and open feedback of valued customers like you to help us to detect potential problems and take any necessary actions to correct them quickly. The employees should have been focused on servicing you and your dining experience should have been professional, friendly and timely, everything you would expect from a Westin Hotel. There is no excuse for you not have received the proper service that you have come to enjoy and expect from the Westin BWI. I want to assure you that this experience is not indicative of the level of service we regularly deliver here and that we are taking every action to ensure that this situation does not repeat. It is our hope that you will give us future opportunities to provide the level of service you expect and deserve from a Westin.

Wake Forest, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

My stay started with a room at the farthest point from elevator and 1 phone that did not work...I was there for business and was exhausted. The line at the front desk was very line so thanks to your hostess at the restaurant and especially your maintenance man named Bernard I did not have to wait downstairs. the restaurant and Bernard smoothly got me into another room. You need to fix the front desk and give a commendation to Bernard for helping me get into a much better room with a better view and phones that worked without me having to stand downstairs as I was exhausted.
The rest of the stay was very nice...I will be back, but please have better cust service at front desk and more than 1 person in the evening. Thanks,Kim

Room Tip: 336 had nice view and not far from elvtor, no nois