“GREAT CRAB CAKES”

Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2014

While we were in Maryland we wanted to have crab cakes. A new friend recommended the Olive Grove as we were heading north. With the help of the GPS we found it. The place was mobbed with a lunch crowd, which is always a good recommendation, but the crowd was thinning. Two of us ordered crab cakes and one ordered the fish of the day. They brought a huge salad to the table for us to share and when the food came the conversation ended. The crab cakes were SO good that we just savored the taste.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Great crab cakes and pasta with marinara. Servers were friendly. I recommend eating here. Everyone in our group had great food. Unlimited salad and breadsticks. Breadsticks come to the table warm.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We arrived after a viewing in the evening. Even though it was late the service and food was wonderful.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Let's be fair. I LOVE the crab cakes at Olive Grove. Love them. I usually eat one and bring one home. They have lots of other tasty options as well, but I always order the crab cakes.

Endless salad and bread? Check both are quite good.

Handmade pasta? Check their pasta is quite good as well.

Since I usually go with a group, I have tasted many of their dishes and all were fantastic.

Save room for desert because they are quite delish as well.

This is also the only place I have visited that offers Di Saronno and Lemoncillo in an iced tea. Double yummy!

All in all, Olive Grove is worth the ride. Weekends are crowded, even with a reservation so be prepared to wait. You won't be sorry!

1  Thank HarlemGirly
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This restaurant has been around for a LONG time. Our group was seated, and we waited to order until the rest of our party showed up. The waiter was fine, but our orders took way too long to be delivered, especially considering the restaurant was almost empty. My sandwich was ok, but the house dressing for the salad was very good. Overall I'd rate this place as average, as nothing really stood out, although several other members of our party said the crab cakes were good. The restaurant could use a definite upgrade, as parts of it smelled musty.