“Terrible”

Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been here several times to get crabcakes. The used to be just like G&M. Now there terrible like Timbuktu's crab cakes. No lump meat from backfin. It was made of the cheaper shredded meat. I'm never going back again. Salad was overly dressed to the point it was soggy. My wife and I shared to 2 crabcake platter. Since we were sharing, the charged us an extra $6 for our entree. We were sitting at the bar. This place has gone down hill fast. TERRIBLE FOOD and SERVICE is their new theme.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had a group reservation on a busy night with the line flowing out the door. This is an informal restaurant with a large menu selection and large portions. The food is very well prepared. I had a seafood/crab entree which was very fresh and cooked just right. The desserts looked wonderful but the portions are so large I was unable to even consider it. There are not a large number of great dining options in the BWI area but this is definitely worth the short cab ride and chances are your hotel shuttle will take you there and back. Service was rather slow on this evening but the place was packed and they had all hands on deck.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Was recently visiting Baltimore after living here years ago and Olive Grove was recommended to us as a great Italian restaurant. I admit I am picky about Italian, but, for the prices they charge (>$20.00) for an entrée I had expectations. The portions are huge, but, the taste mediocre. Service was great - our waitress was attentive & personable. The salad and dessert were very good, but otherwise I would go elsewhere.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Large portions, so if you have a healthy appetite, you will not walk away hungry. Very friendly staff and service. The decor needs a some refreshing and a little more modern Italian renovation; somewhat of a warn out appearance. Salad was all iceberg lettuce, but a big plate full. Food was okay, nothing to remember and did not have depth or long finish; could use more seasoning.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Visited this restaurant a few weeks ago on a Sunday. Arrived at 12pm (opening time) and was seated within 5 min of entering the restaurant. We were greeted by a friendly lady. The waiter came by and took our drink order, which were lemonades. The lemonade wasn't really sweet so in my opinion it wasn't really good. My husband ordered the crab cakes and I ordered the spinach ravioli. The crabcakes were unbelievably good. The spinach ravioli was a bit too fresh for me. I wish I would have ordered the crab cakes because those were great! If I go back I know what to order. The prices are mid range and they have a great selection of food.