“Large portions, taste okay.”

Olive Grove Restaurant and Lounge
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Large portions, taste okay.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Large portions, so if you have a healthy appetite, you will not walk away hungry. Very friendly staff and service. The decor needs a some refreshing and a little more modern Italian renovation; somewhat of a warn out appearance. Salad was all iceberg lettuce, but a big plate full. Food was okay, nothing to remember and did not have depth or long finish; could use more seasoning.

• Visited February 2013

atlanta ga
“Good food”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Visited this restaurant a few weeks ago on a Sunday. Arrived at 12pm (opening time) and was seated within 5 min of entering the restaurant. We were greeted by a friendly lady. The waiter came by and took our drink order, which were lemonades. The lemonade wasn't really sweet so in my opinion it wasn't really good. My husband ordered the crab cakes and I ordered the spinach ravioli. The crabcakes were unbelievably good. The spinach ravioli was a bit too fresh for me. I wish I would have ordered the crab cakes because those were great! If I go back I know what to order. The prices are mid range and they have a great selection of food.

• Visited January 2013
Halethorpe, Maryland
“Used to be better.”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

A bit pricey for what you get. The food is okay, but nothing to write home about. Years ago, it was much better. Maybe they have gotten greedy, or maybe I have gotten cheap.

Visited September 2012
Columbus, Indiana
“Crab Cakes and Presentation Needs Improvement”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The overall presentation of the food is really lacking at this resturant. It remainds me of a home meal where the person at the head of the table just slopped it on the plate. Not very apetizing.

The crab cakes were about what I could get in the mid-west, not what I expected from a Baltimore establishment. Really disappointing.

The salad was iceburg from a bag, not fresh, and lacked flavor. Hmmm.

I don't plan on going back any time soon.

Visited January 2013
“The other reviewers must be family/friends of the Owners!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We recently had dinner here as a party of 5. There was a funky smell upon entering. We were quickly sat at a table which was VERY close to the neighboring table leaving very little room. This is nothing like Olive Garden! The breadsticks had NO flavor. The mixed drinks were so strong we had to send them back. The food was the worst I have ever seen in a restaurant. A friend got the Crab cakes which were huge and delicious but the rest of the dinners were disgusting and had very little flavor. I would never eat at Olive Grove again!

• Visited January 2013