“Fantastic Crab Cakes!”

Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2011

My husband and I always enjoy going to the Olive Grove when we visit Baltimore. We went on a Saturday evening in August, and there was a wait, so we decided to sit at the bar. The bartender was friendly, so we decided to just eat right there instead of waiting for a table. We had the crab cake dinner. There were two huge crab cakes for each of us, plus their fantastic salad, veggies and fries. We ended up each taking a crab cake home. All of the food was wonderful and the service was great. I've read some of the not so good reviews here, so I thought maybe something had changed since our last visit, but it hasn't! It's still a great restaurant for Maryland crab cakes.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

Went there Friday nite. Got Audrey for a server. She was wonderful. Our meals were Wonderful. Great Nite. Enought so we went back on Saturday. Same Great Food - Bad Service. We had asked for Audrey but her table were full. We were gived to another Lady as our server (will not name) and she was short not only to us but all of the tables she served. We enjoy a slow Dinner and love to go at a slower pace. We got that Friday night but not on Saturday. Felt more like eat and get out Saturday. Again the Food was Wonderful just not the service.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

My friend each ordered the same dish, chicken parmigiano, and we were completely disatisfied with the the entire meal. The chicken looked like KFC fried chicken (kfc would have been better) with sauce & mozzarella cheese. The Sauce also had a terrible taste to it. If you call yourself an Italian restaurant then how can you screw up a chicken parm dish??? Never again.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

After a busy couple of days eating ballpark food & beer, my husband & I just wanted a decent sit down meal & a nice bottle of wine. We found both at the Olive Grove Restaurant. Yes, the salad & breadsticks at the start of the meal did make for an Olive Garden feel, but I am not complaining as I love Olive Garden also! The difference comes with the menu options & looked to have daily specials. My husband ordered a seafood dish & I enjoyed chicken skewers over rice - yummo! Big portions with no room for dessert!

Reviewed November 18, 2010

The food is not good. I ordered the rigatoni with meat sauce - the sauce was salty and I've had better pasta out of a box. They serve you salad and breadsticks just like the Olive Garden and the salad is made with iceberg lettuce, of course. My server was very nice and attentive. I definitely won't be going back.