“Wonderful Maryland Crabcakes”

G & M Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed August 31, 2015

A highlight of staying in the BWI area is a meal at G and M with the HUGE delicious crabcakes. This is a very popular restaurant often with a wait but worth it for the wonderful food particularly the giant crabcakes with little filler. I am a creature of habit and get the one crabcake platter with a baked potato and chunky applesauce with a roll for under $20. G&M also ships crabcakes but I like enjoying mine here. I have tried other seafood and steaks but I always come back for the crabcake (and I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland--crabcake country. Hint to avoid a longer wait--there are no reservations but you can call and ask to be added to the waitlist, then tell the hostess you are on the waitlist--it usually works

Write a ReviewReviews (2,080)

Reviewed August 29, 2015 via mobile

It's not a particularly nice place. It's crowded, the service is marginal. It's not cheap. The salads and veggies are OK. Not sure why you'd order anything else because the crab cakes are top notch - big and meaty.
IF YOU'RE NOT FROM MARYLAND AND YOU WANT TO TRY A REAL CRAB CAKE, GET ONE HERE. Then leave, lol...

Reviewed August 29, 2015

We visited here at the suggestions of co-workers. We enjoyed the crab cake sandwich and mussels in marinara sauce. The crab cake sandwich was very good. The sandwich had large pieces of crab with very little filler. However, the bread was dry and old and fell apart while I was eating. The sandwich would have been outstanding with a better bun. The mussels were good but nothing special. Unfortunately, the ceasar salad is horrible. The server delivered it to us without any dressing on it. When we called him over to ask for dressing, he insisted there was dressing on it. He would not recognize there was no dressing but he eventually brought us some in a container to put on the salad. Needless to say, there was no way to get the proper dressing on the salad while it was in the tiny plate it was served to us. We found the server to be less than courteous. Given that we had poor service, we hesitated going again. We decided we should give them another chance because the crab cake sandwich was good. On the second visit, we arrived and placed our name on the waiting list. The girl told us there would be about a 20 minute wait and asked for our cell phone number so they can text us when our table was ready. We were waiting inside their restaurant along with about 30 other guests. We patiently waited to receive our text but it never came. We watched as people who arrived after us were being seated, we went up to question when we would be seated. The girl was very rude and immediately told us it wasn't time. I had to raise my voice to get her to pay attention. When she finally took the time to listen to me, she said, she already texted us and we didn't show up so they crossed our name off the list. I couldn't believe this. We were sitting less than 20 feet away from her and she not once announced our name even though we provided it when we registered. She then told us to wait while the next table was ready. Instead of giving us the table that she just called, she made us wait longer even though we were clearly waiting longer than the people who were being seated ahead of us. She offered no apology for over looking us and looked at us as if we were asking for the recipe for the crab cake sandwich. When we were seated, we received again very poor service. I was so upset that I couldn't eat so I had something very small. It left no impression because I can't remember what I ate. My friend had the same items as before and found the crab sandwich to be very good but the bread had a lot to be desired. The mussels in marinara sauce was ok. After we finished our meal, the server never returned and we had to go find someone to give us the check so we could pay and leave. If it were up to me, I would never return. However, a relationship if full of compromises and I will go back when he has a desire for this crab cake sandwich. Management should seriously check out their servers and see how many customers they are losing.

Reviewed August 28, 2015

I am not from Baltimore originally, but the first time I came here I was wowed by the crabcakes, and have not found an equal in the city yet. I bring all my out of town visitors and they love it! It is my go-to place for crabcakes. Their menu is extensive, so if you don't want a crabcake, there is plenty to choose from.

Reviewed August 27, 2015

I am in Maryland visiting friends and asked for an authentic crab cake experience. I was pleasantly surprised and truly enjoyed my meal at G & M. The wait to be seated was about twenty minutes and worth every moment. I had a Pam Rita, fried clam appetizer, and a crab cake meal. I believe I would have tried dessert if I could. I would definitely go back again.