“Wonderful”

G & M Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We went with friends for anniversary. Wait time not too bad. Everything we ordered was great. The portion was good for the price. Would go again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,117)

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Seafood is awesome, the ambience of the restaurant is very nice. I have not been in the restaurant for some time since the refurbished. It looks wonderful!! Food wonderful and staff were great too. Thank you!!!

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely outstanding crab cakes. I eat seafood a lot and this is one of the best cakes I've had. I ordered the one cake dinner and it was a heaping mount of jumbo lump crab with just enough filler to keep it together. Other dinners look great too. This is not a black tie required restaurant but a very clean family friendly atmosphere. Highly recommended if your in the area.

1  Thank Doug S
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Have lived in the Baltimore area for 8.5 years. Always trying to find a great crab cake. I kept hearing how this was the best or second best around. Coming home from the airport with the family we decided to finally give G&M a shot. I wanted it to be great.

Totally underwhelmed. The atmosphere was average at best. It was cold and loud. We ordered the crab cakes of course. They were large. They were meaty. They were tasteless. The only real flavor I could pick up was a metallic taste that someone in another review mentioned. I likened it to a kind of dye flavor, but metallic might be more accurate. But for $28, I ate them. I also ordered the cream of crab soup. Not very good. Thick and lifeless. Not much crab.

The good: My son ordered the children's cheeseburger. It was huge and it was great. My wife and I both said we should have all ordered the cheeseburger from the children's menu. It was fantastic.

I'm sure at some point, and maybe even sometimes now, this place was great. But it seems to be living on a reputation rather than in reality. I usually would say that I'd give a place another shot because it's not really fair to evaluate a place on one meal. But I don't think I'd go back. Especially at those prices, except for a burger, maybe.

1  Thank ajworkman
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Have eaten here in the past when visiting the area. Today was my 1st time in awhile. Visiting a family member at Walter Reed Hospital decided to place an order to pickup on my way back to Philly. Ordered double order of Crabcakes. Well, my mistake I didn't check my order before leaving. What a disappointment, the Crabcakes are much smaller and not worth the $31.80 I paid, plus the order did not include the 2 veggies that come with a double order. There were a few potato wedges, a pickle, lettuce, and a burger roll. I called back to express my disappointment. Spoke with George who was RUDE. Customer service was the worst. I don't care how good the Crabcakes were, I will not go back and spend a penny there. Stick a fork in it, I'm done!!!!