“A BIG disappointment!!”

G & M Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Have eaten here in the past when visiting the area. Today was my 1st time in awhile. Visiting a family member at Walter Reed Hospital decided to place an order to pickup on my way back to Philly. Ordered double order of Crabcakes. Well, my mistake I didn't check my order before leaving. What a disappointment, the Crabcakes are much smaller and not worth the $31.80 I paid, plus the order did not include the 2 veggies that come with a double order. There were a few potato wedges, a pickle, lettuce, and a burger roll. I called back to express my disappointment. Spoke with George who was RUDE. Customer service was the worst. I don't care how good the Crabcakes were, I will not go back and spend a penny there. Stick a fork in it, I'm done!!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,052)

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We went to this restaurant after being told they were great. We were really excited about trying this new place. Oir friends ordered the siganature dish which is crab cakes and we ordered the haddock fish platter. The wait staff could have been a little friendlier and we were annoyed because they could not do separate checks. The food comes and our experience was the "fresh" haddock was frozen and dry like the Sahara Desert. Also, the fish corn meal batter was unseasoned. The crab cakes had moist and dry spots; not sure what was going on there. Have to be honest, not thrilled.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Over rated by unknowing Washingtonians as a great crab cake but those of us who grew up on Maryland Crab can tell the metallic taste of Asian crab and fillers that rase like pancake batter! Real garbage as far as I am concerned. My brother said the best thing about their crab cake is "If it drops on the floor it will bounce back" If you want authentic Maryland Crab Cakes don't go here!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

The menu here has a lot to choose from, but if you look at the other tables eating around you , most will be eating their crab cakes. They are as big as your fist, and full of jumbo lump crab. Service was pretty good . I will be coming back when back in town..

Reviewed July 2, 2014

The menu here had a great variety to choose from. The food was done to perfection. the only complaint was the waitress we had, She wasn't pleasant and didn't get the order right, so we got a better waiter that was smiling and very apologetic