“Not Impressed”

G & M Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Balti
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atkinson, New Hampshire
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

While visiting the area for my nieces wedding my family decided to G & M Restaurant since many of them wanted to try the crab cakes. We had called ahead and also had someone go there and tell them that there would be 12 of us coming in for dinner. We were told that they would be ready for us. When we arrived the host gave us the evil eye and said that he wouldn't be able to seat us together. This was after we were told that we could sit together! He sat 8 of us together and said that the other 4 would have to wait for a table close by. when a table next to us opened up he seated another party there! When we asked him why he didn't seat the rest of our party there he looked at me and said " Because I am seating someone else there...now!" He was so rude that he nearly ruined our evening. the food was OK but nothing to brag about. They did have a varied menu and the prices ranged from $10.00 - $30.00 We probably would not ever go back because of how we were treated by the host!

1 Thank Annette B

Wilson, North Carolina
“Yuck”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

My dad was born and raised in Baltimore. We come up every couple of hours. We know a good Maryland crab cake and this is not the place to get one. Yes, they are big and look impressive and they have the lump crab on top and on the outer sides, but when you dig deeper there is a lot of filling. Ours wasn't cooked all the way thru or something. It was mushy and just plain yuck!
We have been here a few years ago and the crab cakes were very good. Not sure what has happened. Will not be going back and very disappointed. Over all the other people's food was just average.

• Visited April 2014
“Average- Standard MD Crab Cake”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Had carry out from G&M twice now. The first time we got raw crab cakes and cooked them ourselves. The raw crab cake was given to us in a small container and was quite runny. They cooked up nicely but were filled with shells. The second time we got carry out we ordered crab cake sandwiches with fries and a ½ pound of jumbo shrimp. The crab cakes were good (your average MD crab cake, nothing to rave about), the fries were terribly bland, and the shrimp were tough & chewy. The register staff had no personality and the parking lot is chaotic.

If you want pay top dollar for average food this is your joint.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Usually stop here for a Crab Cake Fix”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I find myself stopping here whenever I am in Baltimore. It is close to the airport and gives me my crabcake fix I was looking for. The crab cakes are lump and delicious. The salad was good as well. My friend had the chicken parm . It was a large portion. I prefer a more seasoned sause vs tomato chunks but to each his owm. My friend didnt really eat the spaghetti that came with the chicken parm. They stated it just wasnt good. I dont expect great italian from a seafood restuarant which is why I still rate this 4 stars.

Must - get ths crab cakes...

WIsh they had remoulaude. :-(

Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Went on recommendation of hotel staff, very pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

I was up in the Baltimore area on business and was staying in Linthicum Heights. Based on the Hotel staff recommendation I went to G&M. I got there about 5:45PM on a Monday and the place was already half full and filling fast.
My server was very helpful and his recommendations were spot on. I was debating an appitizer of Calamari and he warned me that the serving size was huge. He was totally correct. I ate a third of the delicious plateful and quit because I was filling up fast.
He also recommended not to get the two crab cake special unless I was really hungry. I went with his idea and got the one cake option. Man I'm glad I did. The cake was as literally big as my fist( and I don't have small hands). The crab cake was delicious!! If I am back in Linthicum I will definitely go again!!