“Yuck”

G & M Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My dad was born and raised in Baltimore. We come up every couple of hours. We know a good Maryland crab cake and this is not the place to get one. Yes, they are big and look impressive and they have the lump crab on top and on the outer sides, but when you dig deeper there is a lot of filling. Ours wasn't cooked all the way thru or something. It was mushy and just plain yuck!
We have been here a few years ago and the crab cakes were very good. Not sure what has happened. Will not be going back and very disappointed. Over all the other people's food was just average.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Had carry out from G&M twice now. The first time we got raw crab cakes and cooked them ourselves. The raw crab cake was given to us in a small container and was quite runny. They cooked up nicely but were filled with shells. The second time we got carry out we ordered crab cake sandwiches with fries and a ½ pound of jumbo shrimp. The crab cakes were good (your average MD crab cake, nothing to rave about), the fries were terribly bland, and the shrimp were tough & chewy. The register staff had no personality and the parking lot is chaotic.

If you want pay top dollar for average food this is your joint.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I find myself stopping here whenever I am in Baltimore. It is close to the airport and gives me my crabcake fix I was looking for. The crab cakes are lump and delicious. The salad was good as well. My friend had the chicken parm . It was a large portion. I prefer a more seasoned sause vs tomato chunks but to each his owm. My friend didnt really eat the spaghetti that came with the chicken parm. They stated it just wasnt good. I dont expect great italian from a seafood restuarant which is why I still rate this 4 stars.

Must - get ths crab cakes...

WIsh they had remoulaude. :-(

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I was up in the Baltimore area on business and was staying in Linthicum Heights. Based on the Hotel staff recommendation I went to G&M. I got there about 5:45PM on a Monday and the place was already half full and filling fast.
My server was very helpful and his recommendations were spot on. I was debating an appitizer of Calamari and he warned me that the serving size was huge. He was totally correct. I ate a third of the delicious plateful and quit because I was filling up fast.
He also recommended not to get the two crab cake special unless I was really hungry. I went with his idea and got the one cake option. Man I'm glad I did. The cake was as literally big as my fist( and I don't have small hands). The crab cake was delicious!! If I am back in Linthicum I will definitely go again!!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We got to this establishment and I went to the front to put our name in while we awaited the rest of our party to get to the restaurant. They would not allow me to even put my name in until everyone got there. When I checked to see if my party put her name in they said no. Finally when my party arrived 15-20 min later we put our names in and we waited for an hour and a half! It was a ridiculous wait but then we kept telling ourselves at this point anywhere we go we'd have to start the wait all over again. The food was alright, it was good but not worth the price. My broiled seafood platter was worth $15 not $35 and that was because of the selection not taste. I do not mind paying more for excellent food...this was however nowhere near excellent and a tad bland. They kept messing things up, the food didn't come to us until almost an hr after we ordered it. My Toddler was beyond frustrated when his food arrived. the icing on the cake was the german chocolate cake to go I ordered. When I got home to eat it my mouth was watering for this homemade cake. It DID NOT taste like german chocolate cake but rather likes a mousse cake. It was good but not what a typical german chocolate cake tastes like. The only thing great about that place was the wine...but then again how can you screw that up. It was also loud, overcrowded seating areas. The bathroom is quite small and expect a wait for that. Would I go back there again...never...and I would never recommend it to any visiting family or friends. We drove from York pa to eat out with our friends who were in town for the weekend.