“Not your Old G&M's”

Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
“Not your Old G&M's”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

When I first went here about 5 years ago I swore I would never return since I always seemed to get seated in from of the bathroom door and the only thing that was edible on the menu were the crab cakes. Anyway, I've mre recently gone ack twice within the past year and was very pleasantly surprised to see the place greatly expanded and cleaned. Additionally, the menu is now greatly expanded and evertything seems to be very good! If I were you, I'd definitely give it a try!

• Visited November 2013

“Terrific Maryland Crabcake near BWI Airport”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

As an area native, I can attest to the quality of the crabcake served here. They are large, delicious, and full of crabmeat. The other seafood served here is also delicious. The food and service has been consistently excellent over the years. The atmosphere is informal and the staff is friendly. No reservations are accepted, so during prime hours there is usually a wait for a table. Parking is behind the restaurant but can occasionally be filled. An alternative dining-in option is their carry-out service which serves the same delicious crab cake. For those traveling through or staying near BWI - Thurgood Marshall Airport, this place is a "shouldn't miss."

“Super Lunch!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

While waiting for a flight out of BWI, my wife and I stopped into G&M for lunch. There was no one at the reception desk and we had to wait for while to be seated. I thought this might be a bad omen however when the hostess arrived we were seated immediately. The waitress was very friendly and personable. It's been about a year since we were there and we wanted to try the crab cakes so we each had the crab cake sandwich. True to form, the crab cakes were excellent. We both also had the potatoe salad which is very good. I tried to talk my wife into one of G&M's very good deserts however she couldn't eat antymore and I had to agree. We both left very satisfied and prepared for a long flight.

Salt Lake City, Utah
“The best crab cakes I've ever had.”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

When in Baltimore, eat the crab-cakes they say. I did and wasn't disappointed here. They were great. I read the other reviews before posting this and I'm not sure what others mean when they gave it a lower rating. For me, they were fantastic. The rest of the meal was just as good. The restaurant was maybe a little less personal than I would have liked but it was nice. Others were dressed up and having a good time. I will be back here.

Arlington, Virginia
“Best crab cakes!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I grew up in the MD/VA/DC area so I've had my fair share of crab cakes but G&M by far has the best crab cakes in town. PERIOD. It has huge chunks of succulent crab meat and minimal breading. Absolutely delicious!