“Great food if your willing to wait & can get a parking spot”

G & M Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed December 13, 2013

On my recent business trip, my associate & I were on a mission to locate some some good crab cakes and heard nothing buy great reviews for G&M. Couldn't find a parking space and had to walk & then wait 20 minutes for a table. Once seat, the place was packed and the wait staff moving quickly around their tables. However, our waiter was a dud which was our only draw back to the evening. Ordered the surf & turf which was totally awesome. Perfectly cooked 10 oz NY strip & one serious crab cake loaded with chunks of crab meat with balance spices! Salad and bread were first class as well. Server failed to get some tartar sauce for my associate, but I shouldn't feel too bad as he forgot a beer to the table next to us until after the person's meal was half gone (sent the drink back). We were too full to even think about a dessert, but they looked mighty good as well. Will be back the next time I'm in Baltimore.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

nice dining experience, excellent wait staff, the crab cakes were unispiring, they lacked any type of spice...just kind of bland, no sauce, no lemon, no butter...oh well...guess I;ll be more adventurous on my next trip

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The hotel shuttle driver recommended this place. Which is not on the shuttle route but he dropped us off and picked us up. (Great job via Hyatt Place hotel). Oh, my were the choices great in dessert showcases. Decided not to wait the 30 minutes for a table and ordered carry out. You can't go wrong with either. The dining room is terrific and the carry out service top notch! Quick, not a thing over looked ...enough cocktail sauces, napkins, etc, were in the bag as requested! The calamari was outrageous and the steamed shrimp succulent, just a terrific experience and the portions were also over the top. The appetizers were more than enough to satisfy a moderate eater. Will be there again when in Baltimore!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

If you are a crab cake fanatic, this is the place. I'm not a crab cake fan (prefer eating fresh crabs) but I was in the minority in my group. I was truly impressed w/ the portion and amount of lump crab used in the crab cake, I might even consider trying it on our next visit. I had the seafood pasta, tons of mussels, clams, shrimp, and scallops over pasta - enough for two meals. I'm not a big fan of scallops but these were the large sea scallops and just cooked perfectly. Garlic bread was tasty and the salad had very fresh greens. The lemon meringue tart was really good - nice crust and very tart, like an individual pie. Big portions so you can be sure that you will bring home a doggie bag. We went to dinner very early to avoid the lines, by the time we left @ 6:30, the place was packed.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

First time eating at G & M and it was a great experience. Appetizers were awesome, selection of food was great and the crab cakes were as good as folks said they would be. Desserts were unbelievable!! All made on-site, huge variety and tasted great. Definitely requires a return visit when I am back in town.