“A Must Try Resturant When You Visit Baltimore”

G & M Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have the BEST Crab Cake here. The taste of the Crab Cake is phenomenal. Do not miss it if you visit Baltimore and fly through Baltimore Washington International airport.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We have flown to BWI two of the last three weekends for crab cakes at the G & M. Besides being what appears to be a local favorite also, they serve some of the best crab cakes around. The last trip to the G & M was only our third in several years but will definitely return. The previous visit several weeks ago, we both ordered crab cake dinners, as well as the shrimp stuffed with crab to share. The latter was new recommendation from our hotel shuttle driver. Incredibly delicious but way too much for the two of us when you also consider the two sides and the small salad which are included. We actually carried out two of the three crab stuffed prawns for lunch the following day! This last visit, which was also with friends, we decided to be smarter...only ordering the crab stuffed prawn entree to share...to supposedly allow room for dessert which we never had had room to try previously. Our desserts were worth the extra calories, but we still left feeling we had consumed too much. Next visit perhaps we will share both the entree...and a dessert!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

If you are flying into BWI and are driving home and want a menorable crab cake you have to stop at G&M (11:00 PM carryout closes). For those that search out crab cakes, this is it. The crab cake is huge as seen by my picture. It is all lump meat. It is approximately 5 inches across and 3 inches high. They broil the crab cake. I always get it to go to take it home and finish it in my broiler by getting the underside cooked hard with a bark. I do not taste any Old Bay on it and add just a pinch for the traditional Baltimore flavor.

If you order the double crab cake platter, for some reason they only give you one roll. Make sure to ask for two rolls. Also, put a paper towel in your to go box to prevent your fries from getting soggy. While waiting you will see the desserts. It is hard for an Italian not to get a conoli. On the times I picked one up, the filling tasted fresh and the shell were crisp, like mom would make.

If you go to the carryout, be prepared to stand, there is not alot of seating.

Ciao

One last thing. DO NOT PARK ACROSS THE STREET FROM G & M. USE G&Ms PARKING LOT. THE OTHER VENDORS ACROSS THE STEET WILL TOW YOUR CAR WITHIN MINUTES!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

That quote is from a local when I asked where to get the area delicacy. I had been here years ago. I enjoyed it then and did so this time as well. Ordered the Crab Cake entree as an app, which I guess doesn't happen much as there was a minor fuss. The place was ultra busy for a Wednesday night. Supposed to be a 30 min wait, was only about 10. I had the Prime Rib special after sharing the Crab Cake, it was ok, same as anywhere,but didn't come with horseradish. Perhaps that's a Midwest only type of thing? My companion had some fish dish that I don't recall, but she enjoyed it very much. The sides are nothing special, but that's not why you come here. I'll be ordering the Crab Cakes on their website to enjoy back home as they were indeed the best around.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

A Thursday Night about 7 PM. State 30 Minute wait turned into 45 minutes. Large noisy dining room very difficult to talk with friends across a normal table. Great Crab cakes, sides ok.