“POOR SERVICE AND LOW QUALITY FOOD”

G & M Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had a party of eight friends, one of which who the worst experience had suggested this restaurant to eat. We traveled an hour to come to this restaurant.

We were seated pretty quickly. However the server did not come to our table right away. Then she asked that we excuse her. We had to wait for her to come to the table for her to leave again without our order for at least drinks. The first thing we noticed is that the server uniform was dirty. What took out mostly was that her sleeves were stained from her wrist to her elbow with food. Throughout the night the server kept reaching over our food, she was holding the container for the drinks and pouring our drinks over our heads.

One person in our party was denied her request to place her meal order during the orders for the appetizers for the rest of the party. One individual's water had black particles floating in it. One person drink was never refilled. The house salads did not look fresh. The lettuce was started to wilt. One person in our party requested plastic cutlery due to some health experiences he experienced in the past. Personally I did not think that he had to share his health experience to get plastic cutlery. He was denied plastic utensils by the server. He requested to speak with the manager who told him he could not provide him plastic utensils. He then stepped away from the table to speak with the owner. The owner also refused to give him plastic cutlery and told him that his establishment was not for us and the end result was that the police was going to be called on our party.

One individual in our party food was cold. Another individual chicken marsala was undercooked. This person did not want to add to the current situation so this person did not complain to management about their food. Two people in our party ordered a platter that was supposed to come with two sides. The individuals were not informed that the sides they were not available until the food came to the table. The waitress never offered a replacement for the sides that was not available. The waitress still charged them. When it was time to pay the individuals brought the issue to the waitress attention. She said that the sides to their meals were “complementary”. Stated that there was nothing should do for the pricing.

Nevertheless, we ended up having to speak to a manager again after much debated, he finally corrected the price for the two who did not get what they paid for.

As we were leaving out for the night there was another customer who was outside throwing up. She told us that she thought it was the food she ate there.
Our experience was horrible.

2  Thank Denise s
Write a ReviewReviews (1,928)

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Went there once with my wife to dine-in. I had their two crab cake dinner and the crab cakes were the best I've ever had by far! However, another time I went to their carry out section and got the crab cake sandwich, but it did not seem as good. Just seemed like the carryout section of the restaurant was not up to par with the dine in section. It wasn't bad, just not as good as the first experience.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is the second time I have been here, first time was 7 years ago and I was not impressed with the hype (I have since developed a taste for good food!) This time I came for a business meeting and was excited to try it again. OMG - the crab cake was delicious. I had the same thing has I did before, but came with different expectations. There was no way I could eat two - they are too huge! The clam strips were the best I have ever had and the staff was awesome - very engaged and created a fun dining atmosphere. I highly recommend!

1  Thank SoccerMom2012
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Found out about this place from my brother who works for CSX. They have their railroad functions there. It's a Baltimore institution. The crab cakes are literally the best I've ever had in my life. The size of a cat's head with large lumps of crab I have no idea what holds them together. Divine!! Ehhh on the sides. Surprisingly the applesauce was probably the best out of baked potatoes, slaw, and French fries. We had an appetizer of crab dip that was yummy but not enough bread for it. No worries, my son ate it with a spoon! You must go if you think you've had food crab cakes before.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Wow. Found this place by accident, but it's been here for decades. The crab cakes are definitely worth the trip, but from soup to dessert nothing was wrong. Staffs a little different on the floor, kind of stiff. The crab soup, and the sides were wonderful. Cozy bar, nice atmosphere.