“Best Crab Cakes in the world”

G & M Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Reviewed February 28, 2013

These crab cakes I send to my mom and dad every year in Florida for Christmas and their birthdays. They love them, and they come in shipped fresh and cold in dry ice. They tell me its always a treat

Write a ReviewReviews (2,083)

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Very friendly and courteous reception as well as waiter - great job Pablo. The crab cakes were fantastic and larger than you would expect. If you have an appetizer (Mussels in White Wine were tasty) you may consider the single crab cake platter. Or, order the double and you can enjoy it later. Always lots of people from the local area (great indication of a great food) and they have a carry out option. Great for business, family and casual couples night out. Well done. Will go again and every chance I get.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I know this place is well known for their "TOP OF THE LINE CRAB CAKES" - voted Baltimores Best several times over. While the crab cakes here are the BEST I've ever had anywhere, there is more on the menu that is just as excellent!! I imagine the chef's in the back probably cringe every time they get another order for the 2 crab cake platter - Ha, ha!! But, that is what their known for. The last time I went there I ordered the garlic shrimp alfredo dish and - WOW- was it ever great!! I can't recommend this place enough - the staff is very attentive (not overly attentive). Atmosphere is so-so, but once you dive into whatever you order - the atmosphere really does'nt matter. Definitely one of the best restaurants I've ever been to in my life and I'm 52 and dine out alot!! Could not recommend more highly!!!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was traveling to Baltimore quite a bit when one of my co-workers took me here. I was a bit taken back at the $12 price for a crabcake sandwich, but it was well worth the money! HUGE chunks of crab throughout the sandwich. Needless to say, I've been back many times.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My son moved to Maryland last year and we go to see him every couple months and we try to go to a new place to eat each time we go there. My son had heard from a lot of co workers that live there that this was a really good place to eat. So my son who is 24, my daughter who is only 9, and my wife and I went there last weekend and it was wonderful! For starters we ordered the crab dip and it was out of this world could have ate that for dinner it was so good. My son and I had the crab cakes for our dinner and they were huge with big chucks of crab all through them and good thing we only got 1 each because that's all we could eat. My wife had broiled flounder and loved it! Now this sounds crazy but my 9 year old daughter had ravioli in a seafood joint and we are 100% Italian and it was fantastic. We went at 3pm after doing some shopping and thought it would be slow at that time of day on a Saturday and that was not the case. We had to wait about 15 minutes for our table and it's not a small place. All I can say is if your in that area the G&M Restaurant is the place to go for great food and service!!