“I will never eat a crabcake anywhere else”

G & M Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was never a huge fan of crabcakes but my friend coerced me into ordering one here. It was so much better than it's really beyond comparison. There were huge chunks of sweet, delicious crab in every bite. They were lightly seasoned so as not to overpower the crab. The crabcake itself was very large. If angels serve food in heaven they'd be serving these crabcakes. I also had the cannoli which I could barely eat because I was so full. It was pretty good too. Our waitstaff was very attentive without hovering.

1  Thank soonerj92
There are newer reviews for G & M Restaurant & Lounge

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We live in northern Montgomery County, MD. Today, we drove about an hour to get to G & M in Linthicum for a Sunday dinner. The crabcakes are the best we have found anywhere in MD, including Calvert County, and the the OC shore areas. This is not a pretentious place -- they do not take reservations, and they will not seat a party until everyone is there. It is right off 695. My husband was dubious when I told him we would be driving for an hour, but he is a convert now. The crab soup and the French onion soup are very good. For the entree, we always get some variety of crab. I had the single crab cake platter & my husband ordered crab imperial, which came out as 2 huge mounds of crab. However, the Italian-type entrees are delicious too.
The entrees come with a salad and two sides -- there are quite a variety of sides to choose from.
The rolls are huge and delicious. If you have room for dessert, they have a number of good options, and you have to pass the dessert case on your way into the dining room, so it is hard to pass on desert. The carrot cake is delicious; today, I ordered the coconut cream pie, which was yummy as well. We will be making another pilgrimage to G & M before long!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was recommended this restaurant from a couple of Maryland natives who said they have the best crab cakes in the area. They did not fail to disappoint. We came on a Tuesday evening and there was a wait list. Well worth the wait The crabcake was huge, hardly any filler and the most tender blue crab meat ever! My table mates were also pleased with the quality of their choices. The portions are huge!!!! The service was great and personable. The side dishes were OK... No room for dessert!

1  Thank oscargoKalamazoo
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I went here with my son after looking for "best crabcakes". The reviews on the crabcakes were exactly on target -they were delicious. Full of crabmeat, not stuffing. Maybe a little pricey for one crabcake ($17) but the platter choice included salad and 2 sides.
The service was a little gruff and very rushed. The sides were all served on separate plates giving everything a cafeteria look. We each had a side salad however my son's was almost double the size of mine!
I would return and order the crab cake again -it really was as good as promised. But, if that's not your choice -skip this spot.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Had the crack cakes last night (2/21/13) - they were mushy and the filler was too much of the cake. Perhaps the quality suffers with the large volume of customers? Better crab cakes at the Marriott down the street! The waiter was very busy and brought my beer near the end of the meal.

2  Thank PMC50