“Worth the wait!”

G & M Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Balti
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Old Forge, New York
“Worth the wait!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

I tried to dine here yesterday - but it was so packed I couldn't get a parking space, only drove around the lot. Today I tried again, and was able to get in and sit at the bar. I had the Seafood plate, which as very, very good. The crab cake was the pinnacle of the dish. Absolutely delicious! The service was quite good, given the amount of traffic in the place. Next time I'm in the area - this is on the list - but I'm going strictly for the crab cake, although a frequenter of the place suggested the Tuscan Seafood plate - one of the specials.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Believe TA for this restaurant - We will be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

Restaurant is right off Exit 8 or 8B on the I-695. Easy off anf Easy on. Nothing special from the outside, but it is what they have inside that matters. Based on experiences of other Tripadvisor patrons, we stopped here around 4:30, Thursday, May 10 and the restaurant already had quite a few tables seated. I ordered the 2 Crab Cake dinner and DW ordered 1. That gave us 1 1/2 each which way more than enough. What passes as Crab Cakes where we live are nothing compared to G & M. We both agree we have never had anything like them. We ate until we were over-stuffed. As we were staying at a hotel nearby and their deserts looked sooo good, took a piece of cake called 'Super Tommy' something. No matter how full you are taker home a piece of this heaven. It is just that good. For what you get, the price is very good.

Avoca, Pennsylvania
“Yummy yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

Our first night in MD we wanted some seafood...this place fit the bill! We got the carry out and it was fantastic, Huge lumps of crab meat in everything.

Visited May 2012
Tampa Bay, Florida
“Had To Go Back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

I discovered G & M on this trip to the Baltimore/D.C./Annapolis area and it was so good I went back for my last dinner (it's near BWI airport). The first time, I had a broiled seafood platter with a crab cake. It included shrimp, scallops, white fish (cod?) and crab cakes. Everything was delicious. The place was packed so I ate at the bar and the baseball game on the TV provided good entertainment. The service was good. Not cheap, but worth it.

The second time, I had a half dozen raw oysters, which were nice and tasty, and two crab cakes. The cakes were loaded with lump crab and are probably the best crab cakes I've ever eaten. The service this time was fair, but I think the waitress was fairly new (at least I hope that was the case). This place is a keeper.

Warren, Ohio
“Skip the sit down and go straight to the take-out counter”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

I visited this restaurant after the Preakness and it was PACKED. It was over an hour wait and the hostess told me that their take out counter next door offered the same menu. So, rather than wait and/or hover for a seat at the bar, I took her advice. The take out place offered fast service and I was able to get an order of crab cakes to go in pretty short order. As an added bonus, there was a liquor store across the street where I was able to get something better than water to go with dinner.

After getting back to my hotel room, I dug in to the second best crab cakes I've ever tasted (Loconi's in San Francisco still being #1.) The cakes were HUGE, filled with really big lumps of crab and barely held togehter by the least amount of filler necessary. They definitely lived up to the hype. If you can, just do the take out, get some wine from across the street and enjoy life.