“Crabcakes”

G & M Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed January 3, 2012

The crabcakes here are wonderful and very large. A bit expensive but worth it! Sometimes a bit slow.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,932)

Reviewed December 29, 2011

This is a family favorite for myself and my family. We do carryout most of the time. It's funny every time we go past the exit to this place their is a quick mention and we end up stopping. If we're going past someone will ask if we can bring them back a crab cake lol. They are that good. My mother and sister turned me on to this place. Their usual the jumbo lump crab cake sandwich come on fresh kaiser roll, w/ lettuce tomato, the kosher dill pickle, and the steak fries. Consistently fresh and good. I have also ordered a personal pizza from here they make great pizza too. Very delicious and fresh. It does get crowded here but service and food is always good and fast esp in carryout section.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

If you're headed up or down the GW Parkway, make it a point to stop here for their famous crabcakes. Best I've eaten in Maryland, DC or Virginia. Good wait staff and great service. You can eat in a relaxed bar atmosphere or a more formal dining area but either place serves the most amazing crabcakes. Plus it's an easy on, off of the Parkway.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

Crabcakes the size of grapefruit. Fantastic food and service. It's always packed and worth the effort.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

The crab cakes on my latest visit were not as good as in the past. there seemed to be a lot of mayonnaise or filler they were a bit gooey and bland