“Fantastic Crabcakes!”

G & M Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Fantastic Crabcakes!”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I was in Baltimore with friends to attend a wedding and the hotel personnel recommended this restaurant for crabcakes. The restaurant itself was needed a bit of updating, but was very clean.
We each ordered the crabcakes which were huge (1/2 lb. each). Barely any filler and really delicious. Because they were so good, I decided to splurge and ordered some to freeze and take on a recent trip to Bermuda. I received them on a Wednesday (they ship fresh overnight), placed them right in the freezer (they were conveniently packed in individual containers) and put them in the refrigerator in Bermuda to thaw for dinner on Saturday. They were a big hit with everyone. We all agreed the quality was excellent. In the future, I wouldn't hestitate to visit their restaurant or order the crabcakes to be shipped.

• Visited May 2011

Jacksonville, Florida
“Seriously good crab cake”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I went here for lunch at the request of my local client who swears it's the best crab cake in town and it was pretty dang impressive. It's not like a standard crab cake but bigger with a ton of fresh crab meat in it.

They do have a lot of other options but I couldn't even tell you what those were.

Get there around 11:30 for lunch as the place fills up quick.

Texas
“Great crabcakes near BWI”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We were on our way to the airport around 2:00 on Saturday afternoon, and the parking lot was PACKED! When we approached the hostess and told her that we had a flight to BWI and asked if she could get us in, she immediately seated us in the lounge and assigned us one of her "quickest" waiters. The crabcakes were the size of baseballs with very little filler and huge chunks of lump crab meat. The meal was delicious, and we had plenty of time to get to the airport.. Wish we lived near Baltimore just to be able to get their outstanding crabcakes. By the way, my husband and I shared the two crabcake plate which cost about $25.00.

1 Thank txtravelgal
Pennsylvania
“BEST CRAB CAKES EVER!”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Was in the area to attend a family wedding, and since we were in Maryland, my daughter insisted that we HAD to have crab! Not exactly sure how we found this place, but am so glad we did. The crab cakes are HUGE and one was more than enough for me, but ordered two and asked for a second plate so my daughter could share, and they had no problem with that at all. They also have many, many, MANY other fine items from which to choose, but why you would want anything other than the crab cakes is beyond me! Their menu is available on-line; they also have take-outs available PLUS a mail order business! I think i just might have to order some crab cakes since I won't be in that area any time soon.....YUM!

2 Thank earlybird14
Louisville, Kentucky
“The Food is Good, the Service is Great”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

While visiting Baltimore yesterday on business I decided that since the G & M Seafood restaurant is near the airport, I would conduct my business over lunch. I arrived at G & M Seafood at approximately 1:30 in the afternoon and the restaurant was very busy. The building housing the restaurant seems pretty old and the acoustics are limited resulting in a great deal of noise. However, by around 2:00 the crowd had disappeared and I was able to have a conversation with one of my employees.

The restaurant menu is rather broad, with serveal dishes and the focus on seafood. After being seated we were greeted by Cindy, our server. She explained the lunch specials and made some suggestions. I order the cream clam soup and a pasta seafood dish. My colleague order vegetable soup and some type of fish. The soup was served quickly and it was some of the best I have ever had. When my pasta dish arrived it was hot and the portions were huge. My colleague indicated that her soup and fish was also excellent. However, my pasta dish had far too much of a tomato base for my liking. When I mentioned this to Cindy, our waiter, she immediately insisted that I order another dish. I order the crab-cake sandwich and Cindy was back at our table within two minutes with the new order. The crab-cake sandwich was very good, but as I mentioned, it was far more than I could eat. My colleague could not eat all of her fish and Cindy promptly boxed it up for take-out. Sadly, I was flying back to Michigan within a couple of hours and could not take my left-overs.

The bottom line, G & M Seafood restaurant near BWI is an excellent place to eat lunch or dinner. If you have a lay over on your flight, grab a taxi and you will be there is five minutes. The food is good and the service is quick. However, if you are expecting to have an intimate, romantic meal, that is not going to happen. If you do decide to go to lunch or dinner at G & M Seafood, do yourself a favor and insist that Cindy be your server. She is efficient and personable and will make the dinning experience even more enjoyable.

1 Thank FLJ021251