“Convenient to BWI”

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Baltimore BWI Airport
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is a hotel that is very convenient to BWI and very close to 295, thus convenient to the Baltimore and Arundel Mills shopping district. area. When I arrived late to check-in, there were several men hanging out on the porch outside smoking and using profanity. That creeped me out, as i was traveling alone. Check-in was swift. I had a room on the 4th floor, the walls/floors are very thin, the first night I could hear a man talking until about 1AM. Also, you hear the planes constantly. I liked the room a lot, it was like having a small little apartment. The bathroom a nice size, the bath/shower with good water pressure, they have shampoo/conditioner/body wash dispenser in the shower. Great closet with hangers, an ironing board and iron, There is a kitchen with a fridge/freezer, microwave, 2 burner electric rage, dishwasher, small sink. The water tasted funny to me, glad I had some bottles of water and soda in my car to bring in. There is a variety of pots and pans, dinnerware and glasses. There was no dinette for eating in my room, i understand in some rooms there is, There is the bed, a cozy over-sized chair with an ottoman , and a desk. There are 2 end tables, each with a lamp. There is an alarm clock. The free internet was high speed. They offer a free continental breakfast each morning,, i did not try it. You can buy snacks. There is no on-site restaurant, there is a service called "Order Inn" that has an extensive menu, but i did not try it. There is a Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans, Ruby Tuesday, Wendy's, 7-11 all nearby. For what i paid on hotwire, you can't beat it really, only I was hoping for something a little closer to Arundel Mills Mall, i used their zip when booking, but it was not that far and worked out fine. If I needed to stay close to BWI for more than a night i would use this hotel again,

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Dana B
There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites by Marriott Baltimore BWI Airport

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Very clean, modern, and great hotel. Staff was very courteous! There is a small hold for incidentals fee of only $20. The room was very well laid out, clean, and spacious. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
TownePlaceBWI, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Hello Joyce and thanks for taking the time to let us know how we did. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

This hotel is a fine place to stay. It is no frills - but affordable for an overnight. The walls are very thin, so you can't help but hear the conversation/TV,etc from neighboring rooms and the hallway. The bed is very basic, so not the most comfortable and the rooms are outfitted very basically.

But, if price is your main interest, the hotel is clean and relatively close to the airport.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank CharlieandCrew
TownePlaceBWI, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Hello Charlie, thank you for staying with us at the TownePlace Suites and thank you for taking the time to complete this review on TripAdvisor. We do our best to be much better than average, and we are disappointed that we did not meet or exceed these expectations. I will work with my desk staff and overnight security team to make certain that any noise complaints are addressed immediately as it is our goal that each and every guest is treated to a good night’s sleep. I am sorry to hear of your displeasure with the quality of the beds in the hotel. Our suites feature Serta Perfect Sleeper mattresses and are on the firm side. All suites feature High Definition Televisions, Fully Equipped Kitchens, Workdesks, and Marriott’s new bed linen package. Again, I do apologize that this stay did not live up to your expectations . We look forward to hosting you on a future visit to BWI.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Front desk person (male) was very helpful. We were catching a very early flight and he went with us to the pantry to retrieve a muffin, apple, and banana for breakfast. He was very helpful! The room was very nice and the bed was comfortable. We liked having the refrigerator and although we went out for dinner, having a microwave and stovetop could be very useful to some travelers. The female staff member was also very courteous that we spoke with early morning. Liked having the coffee and tea accessible near the lobby at all hours. I would highly recommend to all travelers who need to fly from BWI. We also used the Park & Fly feature which was convenient for us as we went to UTAH for a ski trip!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2014

For those who stay at hotels frequently, there are two things that make a place stand out for you: level of cleanliness and the hospitality of the staff. This place wins with both. Upon arrival was greeted with "heavy" hors d'oeuvres and get this - free wine or beer! (Limit 2). The staff was very pleasant. The free breakfast the next morning was hot - always a welcomed treat. I needed to check out unexpectedly after "late" check out had long passed and the person assisting me did not charge me for an additional day. If you are a frequent visitor to the area and looking for a place where the staff will look after you, I suggest you give this place a try.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Carol H
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed here overnight for a weekend trip to Baltimore. Large, clean and comfortable 2 bedroom suite. Bathroom was a little tight with the sink separated by a door from the tub/toilet. Friendly staff! We didn't hear any noise from either rooms next to us. Breakfast was pretty basic, but filling. Would definitely stay again!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
TownePlaceBWI, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you so much for your review, we are so glad that you and your family had a comfortable stay! Our experienced team takes pride in providing friendly service in a clean, comfortable setting. Our hot buffet breakfast is quite filling and includes eggs, potatoes, waffles, breakfast meat and more. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back during your next weekend getaway trip to Baltimore!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I made a last minute, same day reservation here on a blind-booking site. The rate was more than half off the listed price, and I honestly didn't expect much. I was coming from another local hotel where I had checked out early and cancelled the rest of my stay due to extreme dissatisfaction with the service.

The staff here was friendly, allowing me to check in to a room 4 hours before the official check-in time. As I was walking to the elevator, the maintenance man even offered to help me with my bag! The room is very well furnished. Small, but comfortable. The bed is great, and pillows are perfect.

I would absolutely LOVE to stay here again for my next visit. The complimentary dinner/drink social hour Mon-Wed is wonderful touch!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AlwaysSunnyInTexas
TownePlaceBWI, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Baltimore BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for the excellent review, we would LOVE to welcome you back for your next visit! We help guests end their busy day every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with a relaxing light dinner, beer and wine. We are happy to hear that our team was able to help make your stay enjoyable and that your suite was comfortable.