“Pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Sarasota, Florida
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed here for a week and was very surprised at how nice it was! Plenty of parking and also access to public transportation (bus #17) right by the motel. Breakfast was available every day and they also serve a wonderful hot dinner from Monday through Wednesday with 2 complementary beers. My room was well laid out with a king bed, work station with a 32" LCD TV and kitchenette complete with Microwave, dishwasher, fridge, utensils and a cook top. Granite counters in both the kitchen and bathroom finished off the room. The staff was very friendly and treated me very well. The lounge was nice and was supplied with copies of the Wall Street Journal and USA today. An outdoor gas grill is available but I didn't have an opportunity to use it as the weather was a little chilly.
I would gladly recommend this to all business or social travelers and I would definitely stay here again on my next visit to the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank John S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Recently stayed here for the weekend as an alternative to the higher priced hotels in the Arundel Mills area. Got a great rate on Hotwire, and was not disappointed. This is a fairly new property which had a decent free breakfast. The rooms have a nice TV, and entertainment setup. The hotel is about 5-6 miles from Arundel Mills and the Casino.

Everything was clean and cozy. If you're used to Marriott quality, that's what you'll get here.

Hotel is tucked away an a quiet area. There is a 7-11, Bob Evans, and a Cracker Barrel in the vicinity

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bignar
Washington, DC
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I recently stayed at the TownPlace Suites while I was in the Linthicum area for a week long training. The hotel caters during the week to long term business travellers bit seems to switch to airport travellers during the weekend. Rooms are comfortable and clean - each with there own kitchenette complete with granite countertops, microwave, stove , fridge, and dishwasher. It's a Marriott hotel which means the beds are super comfortable. I found that the rooms were clean but some elements looked heavily used - the desk chair in my room's arm was broken. The one major complaint I had was the soundproofing between rooms - It sounded like bigfoot was in the room above me. I normally am not bothered by noise but the sound of footsteps was so loud I wwas close to calling the front desk.

The hotel has a standard hotel gym (two treadmills, elliptical, and a rack of free weights) and an outdoor pool (it was winterized when I stayed). Guests can borrow bikes from the hotel and use the always lit fire pit each night.

Monday through Wednesday, the hotel provides dinner to guests and happy hour (corona, Coors light, or red/white wine) from 6-7 pm. I ate during chicken fajita night and was very pleased with dinner. Hot breakfast is offered each morning which has eggs, MTO waffles, juice, breads, cereal, etc.

OVERALL: I was happy with my stay and would return but only if I was placed in a room on the top floor of the hotel.

GOOD:
- Dinner and happy hour was a very nice offering.
- Marriott beds are super comforting.

BAD:
- Soundproofing between rooms (between floors).
- Furniture can be a bit worn.

• Stayed November 2013
Charlotte NC
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here for the Annapolis Boat Show. Room was new, clean, had a refrigerator, stove, microwave and was fully stocked with eating and cooking utensils. What a surprise. We also loved the big closet and huge TV. Breakfast in the morning had really good food and plenty of it. The staff was friendly and there was even a small convenience type store in the hotel. We will come back and also look for this type of hotel in other areas. Very impressed!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We checked in on Friday and had a very friendly lady at the front desk check us in. When we got into our room we were a bit disappointed that it was smaller than what it looked like online. Also, it was a very warm October weekend and I was hoping the pool would be open. Breakfast was more than what I expected for a continental breakfast. The room was very clean, I cannot complain about cleanliness. Overall, if I were going back to visit the area I would probably stay at the Town Place Suites again.

• Stayed October 2013
Orange County, California
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Little expected from an off site airport hotel-so I was pleasantly surprised~and it is Leed certified, to boot!
They had a room for me to check in following a red-eye from AZ, early in the morning - they had a bike for me to ride and get some cash - and a little market for me to get a little tuna salad for lunch. Would have tried to pool with more time. Great room
Two out of 3 shuttle drivers were great~though one totally blew me off when I arrived at the airport.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat! many thanks to Rosilyn...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed two nights at TownePlace Suites. Out room was excellent! The rooms were clean and the bed very comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast selections and loved the fact they used actual dishes and cutlery-not paper/plastic! We will definitely stay here next year when we attend the Faire.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple